OS
    Android

Character Analysis Crash Course - Episode I : SANDWORMS!

Hello everyone!

I decided to start Character Analysis Crash Course threads from now on. (Thanks to Kardas and Nekro for the inspiration)

What we have on the first episode? Fearsome Sandworms! They strike fear into the hearts of mortal men - especially those who plays "Kingdom of the Sands" campaign at first time. Maybe you think they would attack you like this:

But in reality, this is actually what they do :

Anyway, let's back to the analysis. There are currently 3 different class Sandworms in the game: Gunner, Magus and Sentinel.

LET'S START WITH THE GUNNER ONE :

Name:  GunnerSand.png
Views: 1434
Size:  138.2 KB

DESIGN : Well.. It really looks like a hungry worm! Gives a feeling like going to bite your finger while you are playing.. Never tap your finger on the mouth, this worm can bite! (Tested)

STATS :

HP - Well.. I think this Gunner have the lowest HP in the game. 3570? This is a "Glass Cannon" character. No, wait a minute.. I am not sure about the "Cannon" part, i better say just the "Glass" part.
    ATK - Okay, not bad. Pretty common.
    MAGIC - No scaling, irrelevant.
    DEF and MR- "Glass"
    SPECIAL - Well, this is a good one. 466. Congratz worm!

TALISMAN SLOTS :

Mandatory 3 Yellow + 3 Uncoloured. Well balanced i can say. Since the only significant stat is SPECIAL, you can get some more with yellow talismans. Which means you can push some fury with this little tough guy!

SKILLS :

Basic move : Attack - As Nekro said once, primitive af. Single target, no effect basic attack. You can add %30 more attack by Skillshards if you want. But don't except so big damage.
    Power move : Ravage - This looks like poor man's Angel of Fear power move. If you don't have Angel of Fear, don't worry. This guy have what it takes - and have more SPECIAL than Angel of Fear! I think you can do some significant damage with power move. Don't underestimate this Gunner.

OKAY, LET'S SEE THE NEXT ONE : MIGHTY MAGUS SANDWORM!

Name:  MagusSand.png
Views: 1357
Size:  147.2 KB

DESIGN : Nothing special, just looks like a blue twin of the Gunner Sandworm. Same rules : don't tap your finger on the mouth, or it will bite you!

STATS :

HP - This one is little bit solid than the Gunner one. 4057! You have little bit more survivability.
    ATK - No scaling, irrelevant.
    MAGIC - Okay, not bad. Pretty common.
    DEF and MR- Hmm.. DEF is not that good, but MR is little bit tougher. 460! Congratz!
    SPECIAL - Pretty common. Just 238.

TALISMAN SLOTS :

Mandatory 3 Blue + 3 Uncoloured. Well balanced. Both skills are scales with MAGIC, you can build your dream magician worm as full damage type!

SKILLS :

Basic move : Cast - "Deals multiple hits of magic damage + %30 chance to Magic Burn enemies for 2 turns". Wow! Pretty impressive! You may put a Shock set to this magician worm to get more damage overtime effect since it is multiple hits. You can maximize Magic Burn chance to %55 and make the attack hit harder by %30 by maxing this skill.

Btw, is this attack Single target or AOE? I don't know either. It is not clear on the description. Well, as long as it is not a self attack, no problem!

Power move : Decay - Poor man's version 2 - Gunner ABB power move. You also need some DEF stat to get most of it from this move, but don't bother. Just make sure your blue talismans are "Power" type! And make sure to keep this magician worm alive for second turn, so he can inflict some additional damage with previously applied Magic Burns on the targets. Sweet!

HERE COMES THE LAST ONE.. SENTINEL SANDWORM!

Name:  Sentinel_Sand.png
Views: 1354
Size:  138.5 KB

DESIGN : Wait a minute... I CAN'T SEE THE MOUTH, THIS WORM MUST BE STAYING UPSIDE DOWN! Looks different! Have anyone noticed this?

STATS :

HP - Wow! This is a tanky Sandworm! What a HP, 7441! But why? Is it because of hanging UPSIDE DOWN?!? His poor HP siblings must learn from this one.
    ATK - Well.. It can't bite with its tail, 233. Normal.
    MAGIC - Yes yes. It can't do magic with its tail either. 233?! Show your mouth sometimes for godsake!
    DEF and MR- Don't even bother.
    SPECIAL - Pretty common. Just 238.

TALISMAN SLOTS :

Mandatory 1 Yellow + Mandatory 2 Green + 3 Uncoloured:

What is wrong with you Sentinel Sandworm? You have 2 skills and none of them are scaling with HP or SPECIAL! Why do you want Green and Yellow talismans? Yes i get it, you want to stay alive with those green slots. But i have no idea about what is your deal with the yellow one.

SKILLS :

Basic move : Attack - Primitive af single target, no effect basic attack. You can add %30 more attack by Skillshards if you want. Do you?

Power move : Cripple - Waaaait a minute. This is one of a kind skill! Look closer :

3 hits of magic damage + "Leaden Burn" for 3 turns.
    "Leaden Burn deals true damage over time to targets and %35 chance to Stun the enemy for 1 turn."

If you max this skill, you can get %30 more damage and +1 turn Effect duration. What is this mean?

POOR MAN'S EXPLOSIVE TALISMAN!

Your welcome.
    Feel free to share your experiences with Sandworms!
    Last edited by osiris0000; 06-15-2017 at 07:24 PM. Reason: some typos
    "Into the Abyss I'll fall - the eye of Horus - Into the eyes of the night, watching me go..
    Green is the cat's eye that glows, in this temple.. Enter the risen Osiris! Risen again!"

Lyrics: Iron Maiden - Powerslave

Senior Member The Educated fool's Avatar
    OS
    Android
    LOL! This thread is the tribute that the mighty Sandworms have so long needed and deserved. Well done, good Osiris!
    EducatedFool-1193

MOFO 4 LIFE!

You know it's not only madmen who listen to Fools

Great one Osiris!!

Poor little bastards, they can easily win the "Worst Character Ever" reward....
    English is not my native language

Demoonchild-7235 // Already full of nice troopers, some of them nice people too!

OS
    Android
    Excellent thread! I can't believe the Gunner Sandworm has less health than the Assassin Mine but here we are.

The funny thing is, I was considering making a thread offering starting Talisman advice for 1* and 2* characters (for people just starting out), but that was an extremely long term plan that might not even get made.

Great job nonetheless though. I like the GIFs.

I've used the Sandworms exactly once: I needed to know what Leaden Burn did specifically for my Marks and Burns thread. That was it. Only time I used one of these.
    Soldier blue in the barren wastes
    Reflecting and shielding's a game
    Wrecking the Axis and wasting the dogs
    The only good demons are tame

Kardas-1158. Retired

OS
    Android
    wow osiris, this is genius, best thread we had for a while. really made me laugh hard

hail to the worms!

don't be a mofo and join the mofos.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by The Educated fool View Post
    LOL! This thread is the tribute that the mighty Sandworms have so long needed and deserved. Well done, good Osiris!

They really deserve this thread! But seriously.. They were really mighty for me on my first run through "Kingdom of the Sands". I was creeping out when i saw them at first. I think possible reason was i just didn't know what was going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Demoonchild View Post
    Great one Osiris!!

Poor little bastards, they can easily win the "Worst Character Ever" reward.... : D

There are many poor little ones that people don't even check their stats and skills. Most of the people go after the only shiny ones.
    But i stand up for the 1* & 2* toons!

Btw you gave me a good idea. I can make a special episode thread for "Worst Character Ever" sometime, and players can vote (or someone else can make it too - i can support)

Quote Originally Posted by Kardas View Post
    Excellent thread! I can't believe the Gunner Sandworm has less health than the Assassin Mine but here we are.

The funny thing is, I was considering making a thread offering starting Talisman advice for 1* and 2* characters (for people just starting out), but that was an extremely long term plan that might not even get made.

Great job nonetheless though. I like the GIFs.

I've used the Sandworms exactly once: I needed to know what Leaden Burn did specifically for my Marks and Burns thread. That was it. Only time I used one of these.

I just tried to give some insights to everyone in my style. But you have a good idea, i look forward to see that thread!

I am not sure about the first GIF, but second GIF is taken from the movie "Tremors (1990)"
    I saw that movie when i was a kid. I wasn't able to walk on terrain areas for couple days, because i was imagining a Sandworm will come up and catch me..
    You know, somethings are more serious when you are a kid, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by slauki View Post
    wow osiris, this is genius, best thread we had for a while. really made me laugh hard

hail to the worms!
    Slauki, best thread will always be your "Compilation of maximized characters" - it is a thread that i come back everyday like ritual (i bet many do)
    It's like a motivation thread - you go in there and fantasize about what teams you can build. Then go back to grinding.

I am glad it made you laugh.

Thank you my friends!

Praise the worms!!
    "Into the Abyss I'll fall - the eye of Horus - Into the eyes of the night, watching me go..
    Green is the cat's eye that glows, in this temple.. Enter the risen Osiris! Risen again!"

OS
    Android
    I did a battle test with some of the less recognized toons.

Name:  meathead.jpg
Views: 1381
Size:  91.8 KB

I tried the ox soul defense vs. the meathead offense. All unsharded and at their base level. Autoplay the battle. Meatheads won 3 out of 3. Not sure if they have the magic power of the ox souls to boost rank.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Askora View Post
    I did a battle test with some of the less recognized toons.

Name:  meathead.jpg
Views: 1381
Size:  91.8 KB

I tried the ox soul defense vs. the meathead offense. All unsharded and at their base level. Autoplay the battle. Meatheads won 3 out of 3. Not sure if they have the magic power of the ox souls to boost rank.
    Wow, this defense brought tears to my eyes. What a beautiful view!
    We just think that we can win versus ox souls. But in reality they never lose. We all know it.

I think it is worth to try Meathead defence - maybe they have a similar magic power. No one knows what will happen!

OS
    Android

This

Best thread, this was fun as hell.
    Now I have something to do with my 500+ tiny souls...

Tiny Duels! Arena rules, but only 1* and 2*
    Please NF, make this happen
    In-game nick: Ravy-8961
    Daily PvP player.

"The punishment is death for all who lives."

Se você está lendo esta mensagem, existe uma chance de você ser brasileiro(a). Envie uma mensagem privada para mim qualquer hora. Estamos recrutando...