Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    OS
    iOS

Advice on what to keep, and what to sacrifice.. 3*+

Hi all,

I've only been playing for about 3 weeks so still a bit of a novice.. I'm at a point now where I have a fairly strong "go to" team that I'm always building, but I have quite a list of 3* and 4* characters that I can't decide whether or not to invest in them.

My best, that I use frequently are:
    Wicker Man Eddie, 4*, lvl 80
    Pharaoh Dog King, 5* lvl 70
    Undead Rescuer, 4* lvl 71
    Newborn of Light, 4* lvl 35
    Golden Son, 4* lvl 35
    Golden Son, 4* lvl 20

The ones I'm sitting on, not sure what to do with, are:
    Harpy, 4* lvl 19
    Hell Hound, 4* lvl 17
    Pharaoh Dog, 4* 16
    Axis Bomber Boy, 4* lvl 2
    Soulless Demon, 4* lvl 2
    Rocket Dog, 4* lvl 1
    Corrupt Droid, 4* lvl 1
    Masked Harpy, 3* lvl 60
    Newborn of Light, 3* lvl 54
    Harpy, 3* lvl 41
    Corrupt Owl Cultist, 3* lvl 31
    Soulless Demon, 3* lvl 23
    Soulless Demon, 3* lvl 1

I appreciate that the best way to work out what to keep is to get hands on and experiment, but I was hoping someone could offer their opinions and maybe help me save some time and resource

Thanks in advance for any input!

OS
    Android
    Well.. sentinel harpy & sentinel souless demon are two of the most used toons.. so don t give em away and think about power em up
    Tridimension-1303

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Tridimensionale View Post
    Well.. sentinel harpy & sentinel souless demon are two of the most used toons.. so don t give em away and think about power em up
    Thanks! One reason I don't use them much is that I find better results in a team of single target attackers that each hit harder. Do you think it's also a good idea to have a team of strong multiple target attackers like the harpy?

OS
    Android
    My first advice: Sacrifice only duplicates. You'll never know when they might become useful.

Also, is this meant for going through the campaign or for PVP?
    Soldier blue in the barren wastes
    Reflecting and shielding's a game
    Wrecking the Axis and wasting the dogs
    The only good demons are tame

Kardas-1158. Retired

Senior Member The Educated fool's Avatar
    OS
    Android
    Hi guitarwizard.

If it were me, the characters I'd develop on your team, in order of priority, would be... Sentinel Harpy, Sentinel Soulless Demon, Rocket Dog, Hellhound, and Warrior Axis Bomber Boy. Your Sentinel Corrupt Droid and Warrior Newborn of Light are potential superstars too, especially in the Arena... but I'm not sure I'd focus too much on that at the moment. Sentinel Harpy hits very hard, and is a bargain to max, skill shard-wise... a fine investment, for sure.

All this having been said, from a campaign perspective, your Eddie is the most important toon on your team, so he'd be my primary focus. Either Speed of Light Eddie or Soldier would be excellent toons to focus on at this point, if you have them (I imagine, if you don't have Soldier yet, he can't be that far off? ) Hope that helps.
    EducatedFool-1193

MOFO 4 LIFE!

You know it's not only madmen who listen to Fools

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Kardas View Post
    My first advice: Sacrifice only duplicates. You'll never know when they might become useful.

Also, is this meant for going through the campaign or for PVP?
    I had been only sacrificing duplicates or very low level characters, but now I'm finding that I just have loads of left overs that aren't getting used and therefore aren't getting any stronger, so just move further down my list of useful ones :/

I'm still going through the campaign, so that's probably my main focus right now. I am also playing the arena, but I'm nowhere near competing with the best! I sort of play one day against high level players and lose every time, so that the next day's attack list is lower levels that I can beat.. I just do it for the sake of being able to collect eternity fragments and the odd legendary soul.

OS
    Android
    In addition to Tridimensionale's recommendations, I'd also add the Hell Hound. Immunity at the start of the round can be invaluable.

I like the rocket dog and warrior axis bomber boy, but I don't use them for pvp.

The magus corrupt owl cultist is probably not worth it. Since you have pharaoh dog king, I wouldn't worry about the pharaoh dog as much. He'd be more or less a duplicate that's slightly inferior.

The warrior harpy, assassin soulless demon and warrior soulless demon are all just so-so. They are easy enough to get duplicates of many times over.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by The Educated fool View Post
    Hi guitarwizard.

If it were me, the characters I'd develop on your team, in order of priority, would be... Sentinel Harpy, Sentinel Soulless Demon, Rocket Dog, Hellhound, and Warrior Axis Bomber Boy. Your Sentinel Corrupt Droid and Warrior Newborn of Light are potential superstars too, especially in the Arena... but I'm not sure I'd focus too much on that at the moment. Sentinel Harpy hits very hard, and is a bargain to max, skill shard-wise... a fine investment, for sure.

All this having been said, from a campaign perspective, your Eddie is the most important toon on your team, so he'd be my primary focus. Either Speed of Light Eddie or Soldier would be excellent toons to focus on at this point, if you have them (I imagine, if you don't have Soldier yet, he can't be that far off? ) Hope that helps.

Thanks! I do have soldier Eddie, but I find him to just be a bit rubbish.. I perhaps haven't invested too strongly in him, but my Wicker Man just hits so so so so much harder even when they were both 3* lvl 60s.. Any tips on what talisman sets etc might beef him up?

OS
    Android
    I don't know how far you are in the Campaign, but considering Underworld has a lot of Warrior creatures around, the Magus Golden Son may be a nice choice too for the Campaign. Has nice easy healing to help you out.
    Soldier blue in the barren wastes
    Reflecting and shielding's a game
    Wrecking the Axis and wasting the dogs
    The only good demons are tame

Kardas-1158. Retired

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by guitarwizard93 View Post
    Thanks! One reason I don't use them much is that I find better results in a team of single target attackers that each hit harder. Do you think it's also a good idea to have a team of strong multiple target attackers like the harpy?
    My harpy maxed hits like a truck xD My pharaoh dog king maxed (used as example since is your best toon) is pretty weak compared to that.. it s not a matter of single or aoe hitters.. some toons are better than others.. you will see playing on
    Tridimension-1303