Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    OS
    Android

Character Analysis Crash Course - Episode II : 2* & 3* OWL CULTISTS

Hello everyone!

Now it is time for the episode II. I wanted to pick everyone's favourite, one of the most loved characters. 2 and 3 star Owl Cultists!
    Don't worry, i know your story. You got some regular souls, dropped it into Book of Souls. Then here is what happened..

Wow, a 2* Owl Cultist! Nice. You kept it. Then you got a Rare soul. You are so excited about getting a 4*-5* character. Dropped it into Book of Souls...

WHAT?? ANOTHER OWL? You said. But wait a minute, this is a "Corrupted" one.. 3 stars! Must be something special. You decided to keep it.
    But you didn't give up! Next time you have saved some more Rare souls like 10+ and you are very sure about getting your dream 4*-5* character.

Dropped your precious, hard earned Rare souls into Book of Souls with excitement in your heart.
    You have closed your eyes, butterflies are flying in your stomach. When you open your eyes..

AGAIN??? Yes. They are in love with your team bench. You will never be able to hide yourself from the OWLS!
    More you sell or sacrifice, more will come! THEY ARE YOUR PERMANENT CHARACTERS. DEAL WITH IT.
    So, instead of getting mad - let's see what we can do with them!

2* OWL CULTIST

DESIGN : First of all, this OWL HAVE STYLE!
    Must be a secret fashion model hanging in LOTB.. His weird body movement on character screen reminds a fashion model walking on the show.
    Have you noticed his SCARF?

Name:  fashion.png
Views: 1496
Size:  535.5 KB

Name:  OwlCultist.png
Views: 4072
Size:  161.9 KB

STATS :

HP - 5388 is a perfect mediocre.
    ATK - No scaling, irrelevant.
    MAGIC - 694, he have the same magic as his Magician Sandworm brother. Sandworm can do same magic without a wand.
    DEF and MR- Well DEF there, 616! Congratz Owl! Can stand to some Warriors (i am not sure about how long) MR is not bad either.
    SPECIAL - Don't even bother.

TALISMAN SLOTS :

Mandatory 3 Blue + 3 Uncoloured. Pretty well! Which means you can go for full magic damage with this creepy guy. I can't see any choice other than full Holy Talisman sets here. Keep him primitive!

SKILLS :

Basic move : Extract - "Deals high magic damage to a target + %35 to Silence all enemies for 1 turn"

Hmm.. Let's understand this clear: deals magic damage to a "Single" target but at the same time he can Silence all enemies by %35 chance.
    Listen to me owl. Since you can silence all enemies, why can't you do magic damage to all enemies at the same time? WHY?
    But anyway, it says "High magic damage" - which can be true - if you max this skill it will add %70 more damage.
    In same time you will spend 1 skillshard for %1 more chance to Silence all enemies, in the end it will be %36! Sweet!

Power move : Sear - "2 hits of Magic damage (to whom?) + %25 chance to inflict 3 Magic Burns"

%25 chance looks kind of scary - but 3 magic burns are not that bad. If you max this skill, you can add %35 damage and +1 Effect Duration (No more chance than %25 for you!)

PASSIVE :

Deflect - Reflects %35 of damage back to the target

This is very interesting! Do you know about the Blue Cheese Allied Soldier?? We all do! If you don't have him, don't worry. You will have poor man's Blue Cheese Allied Soldier's reflect shield as Passive! But just for the owl himself.. Why are you so narsist owl? Give it to Eddie! If he dies, everyone dies! But this will be useful for the first campaigns, you can go and crack out the enemies with an owl team, classy!

3* CORRUPTED OWL CULTIST

DESIGN : You can easily see that this owl got really corrupted. Looks like a drug addict compare to innocent Owl Cultist. And FLYING? Why?? After all that getting highs all the time, eventually he got stucked in the air.

Name:  beforeafter.png
Views: 5130
Size:  388.5 KB

Name:  CorruptedOwlCultist.png
Views: 5063
Size:  165.7 KB

STATS :

HP - 5356, this tells something. After getting Corrupted, he lose 32 HP! Can you believe that?
    ATK - No scaling, irrelevant.
    MAGIC - 915 - Good one! Congratz Corrupted!
    DEF and MR- 616 DEF and 628 MR cannot be an argument. Cool!
    SPECIAL - Yes, don't even bother.

TALISMAN SLOTS :

Mandatory 3 Blue + 3 Uncoloured. Pretty pretty well! Which means you also can go for full magic damage with this version. Paladins looks like a good choice here!

SKILLS :

Basic move : Hex - "Deals magical damage to a single target + %30 Chance to Lower MAGIC of enemy for 2 turns"

Pretty mediocre single target hit attack. But there is one thing i didn't understand:
    Why do you want to "Lower MAGIC" owl?? In fact this is a nice anti-magus move. You are not Sentinel!
    This can tell Corrupted Owl really don't like his magus class. But from another point, this can be useful to some high magic enemies on the campaign.
    If you max this skill, you will get %35 more damage + %45 chance to Lower MAGIC in the end. Interesting..

Power move :Mire - "Deals magical damage to all enemies + %25 Chance to increase MAGIC for 2 turns (all allies or only yours?) + damage dealt increases higher target's ATK stat is."

Good one, Corrupted Owl! AOE damage, increase MAGIC + high ATK enemy killer. And very cheap : 3 power points!
    If you max this skill, you will get %35 more damage + %50 chance to increase MAGIC for 2 turns in the end.
    This can be useful in PVP. Are you facing a team full of Warrior & Assassin NBOLs and Angel of Fear? Don't worry!
    Bring 3 Corrupted Owl Cultists with an AOE Eddie, steal some power first - send them to hell with cheap power moves! Sweet!

(And don't forget to pray RNG gods for going first of course)

PASSIVE :

Deflect - Reflects %35 of damage back to the target

Same as the Owl Cultist.

Your Welcome.
    I hope you are enjoying your owls!
    Feel free to share your experiences with Owl Cultists!
    "Into the Abyss I'll fall - the eye of Horus - Into the eyes of the night, watching me go..
    Green is the cat's eye that glows, in this temple.. Enter the risen Osiris! Risen again!"

Lyrics: Iron Maiden - Powerslave

OS
    Android
    This is a great course!!! And, excellent choice for Episode II.

You nailed it regarding the Owls' fashion sense! My daughter named the Owls "Scarfie".

Joking aside, the Corrupt Owl does have some of the best art in the game. I just wish he performed better.
    druid138-6195
    Sunrise Senjutsu Eddie
    Pity me none
    at the gates of our hell

Senior Member The Educated fool's Avatar
    OS
    Android
    Well done again, good Osiris! lol

And thus didst the world come to know the Corrupted Owl by the name of Heisenberg... and it was good.
    EducatedFool-1193

MOFO 4 LIFE!

You know it's not only madmen who listen to Fools

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by druid138 View Post
    This is a great course!!! And, excellent choice for Episode II.

You nailed it regarding the Owls' fashion sense! My daughter named the Owls "Scarfie".

Joking aside, the Corrupt Owl does have some of the best art in the game. I just wish he performed better.

Sure he have! Nice detailed artwork. Gives the feeling of corruption.
    I have also expected much more from him. But you know.. He serves the role as crusher of 4*-5* char dreams.
    And "Scarfie" is a sweet name

Quote Originally Posted by The Educated fool View Post
    Well done again, good Osiris! lol

And thus didst the world come to know the Corrupted Owl by the name of Heisenberg... and it was good.

We may call Corrupted Owl "Heisenberg" after this. Why not?

Something like : "Oh, i drop some magus souls to get Corrupt General but got Heisenberged again!.. "
    "Into the Abyss I'll fall - the eye of Horus - Into the eyes of the night, watching me go..
    Green is the cat's eye that glows, in this temple.. Enter the risen Osiris! Risen again!"

OS
    iOS
    That was entertaining. Thank you

-Kaz

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaz_LOTB View Post
    That was entertaining. Thank you

-Kaz
    I am glad you find this thread entertaining Kaz, your welcome

Pretty Educational and funny Osiris!! Thanks for share!
    English is not my native language

Demoonchild-7235 // Already full of nice troopers, some of them nice people too!

Great thread, I used a Corrupt Owl Cultist for much of the campaign, love it.

OS
    Android
    Those GIFs made me laugh, cos its true. Still pop their heads out of the book of souls more often than I would like. I look forward to the next installment.
    "Handing out the oranges in JomsVikings"

thealchemist-3575.

OS
    Android
    Wow Osiris, you're on fire! Supremely excellent thread again. You deserve every bit of those stickies.

I've never used these guys but I agree that their scarf is a nice touch. They wear it better than the Ox Cultists do their suits and ties IMO.
    Soldier blue in the barren wastes
    Reflecting and shielding's a game
    Wrecking the Axis and wasting the dogs
    The only good demons are tame

Kardas-1158. Retired