Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    OS
    Android

PvP Week 18 - Reports

Been waiting for Nicko's thread, figured I'd post my own 2 days before week 19 ends haha.

Well, can't write up anything that'd match the quality.

Attack: 292/321 (91%)
    Defense: 34/204 (14%)

Wasn't able to play much early in the week, it really started Friday from rank 500th or so, and was hell toward the end as my ratio was so bad I was losing points while playing non stop.
    Still surprised I managed.

I'm more interested into the next (current) week and what the veterans will have to say about it.

ps: If I somehow managed to miss an actual week 18 thread, feel free to bash me some before burying this to oblivion.
    Last edited by Lulero; 06-16-2017 at 07:38 PM. Reason: wrong numbers...
    RETIRED - Lulero-2041 - Cyborg Ed.
    "Time you enjoy wasting isn't wasted time" - B. Russel

Toons I maxed after Cyborg, chronologically ordered:
    Allied Bomber Boy, Pyro Soldier, Corrupt Rescuer, The Nomad, Wrath
    Run to the Hill Ed., Grim Reaper Ed., Angel of Fear, Soulless Demon
    Desert Marauder, Undead Rescuer, Pharaoh Dog, Death Dog
    Corrupt General

OS
    iOS
    Nicko posted he wouldn't be able to keep it going. So you didn't miss a post.

Cheers.
    Canyptian-2758

OS
    Android
    Good initiative Lulero!

Maybe we can get this tradition going until Nicko comes back.

Stats last week
    493/373

Cheers
    gmac

OS
    Android
    My stats
    Rank 149
    Attack/Defend 205/173

Didn't play the last 12 hours before reset.

I think these are good threads to keep going, if not for the stats as much as for the download of information, trends, venting, & discussions that come out of them. Gives everyone a central point to discuss and feel connected as a community.

Last week:
    167 attacks
    137 defenses

OS
    Android
    cool that someones continues with this tradidion, thank you!

Attacks 195
    Defenses 168

don't be a mofo and join the mofos.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.

OS
    Android
    I'm not the man for the job though, for the current week I can probably write something that'd get people started (with those talis getting more broadly available). But I'm only checking the forum now and then, not daily. I don't know Jack shit about the background Nicko was drawing from.

We need a respectable volunteer. Or a designated volunteer haha.

Can I vote for Nekro? Hahaha. Just because he'd probably be the exact opposite of me but as qualified. But I'm probably overestimating myself there.

#Nekro4Prez

Anyway, I'm really bad. See, didn't even congratulate our last eternal. Jofer was it again? Congratulation Jofer! Sorry your name comes up this late in this week's thread. *tease* *tease* <3
    RETIRED - Lulero-2041 - Cyborg Ed.
    "Time you enjoy wasting isn't wasted time" - B. Russel

Toons I maxed after Cyborg, chronologically ordered:
    Allied Bomber Boy, Pyro Soldier, Corrupt Rescuer, The Nomad, Wrath
    Run to the Hill Ed., Grim Reaper Ed., Angel of Fear, Soulless Demon
    Desert Marauder, Undead Rescuer, Pharaoh Dog, Death Dog
    Corrupt General

OS
    Android
    Last week was interesting for me. My defense was still bugged for the majority of the week. They only fixed the problem around Friday, when I found myself in the Acolyte ranks and had to crawl out of them (I had received 18 attacks between when my defense bug was fixed and until I managed to change my defense). So I changed my defense to a stun/tauntfest and made it to back to the Duelist ranks.

By reset I had:
    Tier: Duelist I
    Attack Wins: 99% (121/122) (positively skewed because I fought Acolyte ranks for most of the week)
    Defense: 44% (38/87) (18 of these losses were between may defense bug getting fixed and me replacing Visions and the Ox Souls with an actual defense)
    Soldier blue in the barren wastes
    Reflecting and shielding's a game
    Wrecking the Axis and wasting the dogs
    The only good demons are tame

Kardas-1158. Retired

OS
    iOS
    Finished the week
    Attack: 90 % (122/136)
    Defense: 11 % (13/120)

Don't play much PvP I have to admit cause I found out that it's nearly impossible for me to reach a higher ranking than duelist I and never did that (best was rank 53 in the running week, but finishing rank 593 with 3.353 points) . And I set priority in playing my troopers every day, what takes time enough (thx btw guys!). Moreover I have the feeling that RNG is not quite fair with me. This week I counted it one day for the first time. Making 19 turns I got attacked first 12 times :/ Trying to play higher opponents recieving more ranking points, it gets really hard to win.

Concerning this I have a question: is there any way you can influence the turning sword at the beginning by tapping at the screen/ hitting the right time so it shows your direction/... or you just have to let it run through? I tried it by tapping at the screen and sometimes had the feeling, that it worked, but another time not, so it might be imagination

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by GotN View Post
    Concerning this I have a question: is there any way you can influence the turning sword at the beginning by tapping at the screen/ hitting the right time so it shows your direction/... or you just have to let it run through? I tried it by tapping at the screen and sometimes had the feeling, that it worked, but another time not, so it might be imagination
    I've done some calculating on it, and I think the coin toss really is about 50/50. Losing the coin toss seems to stick in our minds better. I don't think tapping or anything else changes the coin toss. It's decided as soon as you hit the battle button. Best thing is to build a team that can do well when going first, but also has an advantage to going second. Their are times I want to lose the coin toss.