Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    OS
    Android

PvP Week 20 - Top 10

So I thought I would start this weeks thread to keep it alive while Nicko takes a much needed break and enjoys that Chicago summer. While the thread may have started as a way to see how the Prisoner was affecting PvP, arena matchmaking and ATK/DEF ratio became something that everyone garnered interest in. It seems as the ratio has gotten better, the thread might have run it's course but a lot of us used the thread to voice our opinions, concerns and complaints. What makes it so important is the level of communication we have with LotB's developers and programmers. We write and they read. It's the main reason we need to keep this going, so LotB can continue to get better! For me personally, PvP didn't become necessary until Nodding Frog introduced Eternals, seeing as there was only the one way to get them. Those who went hard in PvP from the beginning benefited big-time from the treasure chest of iron coins they were forced to horde. Those of us who didn't, are running to catch up now.

Anyway, thought I would do it a bit different and give props to this weeks Eternal, GMAC (congrats brother, always like seeing a trooper on top of the mountain) and also list the Top 10 overall, because cracking the top of the rankings in the arena is not easy, but these guys sure as hell make it look fun and deserve some recognition! Any thoughts or comments on this weeks battle for the crown, what the looming major update might be or your own stats and experiences in PvP over the past week are welcome... and lets hope Nicko isn't going to stray too far away as again, this is his thread and no one else can truly do it justice!

Cheers!

PVP TOP 10

1. GMAC
    2. RINGE666
    3. CARLOS
    4. Kamuz
    5. alex
    6. DickinsonMan
    7. Nicko
    8. Demoonchild
    9. canyptian
    10. Silentknight
    If you're gonna die, die with your boots on
    mjmxiii-1619

OS
    Android
    Rank #23

290 attack / 249 defence

The goal was top 50, so i m pretty happy with top 25
    Congratz to GMAC ! (u made it again trooper!) and all the top 10

Thanks mjmxiii for the thread, still i miss Nicko's in depth analysis of the week
    Tridimension-1303

OS
    Android
    This week I finished at rank 14

Could be better, but some "clever" dev decided to limit the number of revenges. I know that revenge limits are from the beginning - this is just stupid. I decided to play till the reset, even if in the UK it is at 1 a.m. Last 2 hours I've been attacked constantly and couldn't revenge players with higher rank, just been forced to play 10 battles in a row with lower ranks which means didn't have a chance to climb: 7-8 out of 10 were way below my rank. I was at rank 9, went for a cigarette, came back 3 minutes later and because I don't have key toons as Wrath, Nomad or GCR + thanks to AI my rank was 20. Spent loads of ironite to come back to rank 14 but being not able to revenge within last 2 hours couldn't climb higher. It was just not possible.

Rewards: 1 g/a soul gave me *** crap, other rewards standard so no comments.
    It wasn't worth playing until 1a.m - I was not happy with rewards, wife was not happy as she couldn't sleep. She woke up angry on the morning, so Sunday is quite fucked up for me.
    Daily player ...

Current champion - Iron Maiden Eddie

Banned
    OS
    iOS
    Thanks for the thread mjm, way to carry on the memory of a fallen trooper

No stats, took an easy week seeing my brother Gmac atop the standings, little hangover from the Jersey Shore crew harassment the last couple weeks lol

But had to congratulate Gmac on another beastly week, nicely done!

Return of the Gmac

"So I'm back up in the game
    Running things to keep my swing
    Letting all the people know
    That I'm back to run the show"

OS
    Android

Isn't this week 19???

Thx mjm!
    Grats 2 Gmac...still think u shoulda started this...chicken!
    Bugs,bugs & more bugs! Only way 2 describe it! Gmac thot I should describe bug to Sparton but I wouldn't know where 2 start. Let's c...AoF still granting improper extra turns,toons just sitting there,end match crashes (always after a win), crashes as soon as u hit battle,wins counting as losses completely screwing up ur win streak & buffs...sure there's more 2 but just listing em pisses me off! Would be a shorter list of those they've fixed!!! Oh yeah,arena store not resetting for over 12 hours! Anyways...
    Rank-10
    Attack-299
    Defense-252
    Grats to Cancan! Great race for 10th bud!!! Well done!
    Thx again mjm!
    Those that can...do
    Those that can't...teach
    Silentknight-4997, # of times laid since July/16...lots!!!
    Hahahaha, pathetic that some have to sell themselves as troopers

OS
    iOS
    Thanks MJ for leading the charge. Like your approach, nice to have new style.

Eternals are are becoming more and more visible.

Some people in the top I never saw on my list. Never saw Alex as an example, assuming he never saw me too as he never attacked me.

I like that NF has an event where you can get a specific toon. I have him already so not my Schtick, but hope they continue with other 4*+ bots.

Crazy how how much the leaderboard changed this week.

congrats to GMAC, well done, you are a beast, and also to Carlos who is also demonstrated rapid ascension, and Ringe too.

A: 221
    D: 185

Not sure who Cancan is but was a dramatic last minute race to top 10 with SK. Just got back from a birthday dinner and went for it.
    Canyptian-2758

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by CanyptianFit View Post
    Thanks MJ for leading the charge. Like your approach, nice to have new style.

Eternals are are becoming more and more visible.

Some people in the top I never saw on my list. Never saw Alex as an example, assuming he never saw me too as he never attacked me.

I like that NF has an event where you can get a specific toon. I have him already so not my Schtick, but hope they continue with other 4*+ bots.

Crazy how how much the leaderboard changed this week.

congrats to GMAC, well done, you are a beast, and also to Carlos who is also demonstrated rapid ascension, and Ringe too.

A: 221
    D: 185

Not sure who Cancan is but was a dramatic last minute race to top 10 with SK. Just got back from a birthday dinner and went for it.
    Lol,wrong game! These r toons,F2F r bots! Caught it! P.S. tell her HAPPY BIRTHDAY! 4 me!
    Last edited by Silentknight; 06-18-2017 at 04:22 PM.
    Those that can...do
    Those that can't...teach

OS
    Android
    Instead of calling this thread week #? How about This Week In PvP? Do like ur top 10 list mjm!
    Those that can...do
    Those that can't...teach

Banned
    OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Silentknight View Post
    Lol,wrong game! These r toons,F2F r bots! Caught it!
    Laughed my ass off at that too lol!

OS
    iOS
    Love the new format mjmxiii! See - I think it's good to have a break - fresh ideas are there already!

My stats were as follows:

Attacks: 223

Attacked: 193

A few observations:

1) Points and ratios are much, much better than they were when the faulty point system was busted open. But still - I would see players rise - and then fall just as quickly - because the floodgates would open. I did a slow, steady rise focusing on those above me and refreshing regularly (forfeiting buffs) and then let loose the last hour. Finished 7. And annoyed the beelzebub out of GMAC in the process cause he was on my lists left and right So point being - unless you want to be Eternal or maybe top 3 - there's still not an incentive to play intensively throughout the week. You're rewarded to hold back. And that's not great.

2) Some names at the top like DJE wouldn't appear on my list (I don't think he was there once) - though he must have been on someones list cause he fell out of top 10. Others like GMAC and Kamuz were there a ton. Matchmaking better but still quirky.

3) GMAC is a beast. Unlike previous weeks where he shoots up on Saturday - he shot up midweek like Shaolin and claimed the lead earlier - but never fell. The amount of attacks that poured in must have been crazy! Well done!
    Last edited by Nicko; 06-18-2017 at 04:47 PM.
    Nicko-0517