Thread: Soul hoarding.

OS
    Android

Soul hoarding.

I've been thinking this over occasionally. Who prefers saving rare, g/a, and legendary souls to use all at once later as opposed to using them as soon as you get them?
    Fearless leader of the Jomsvikings

OS
    Android
    If you've ever opened a soul and then closed the app (hoping that you'd get another shot at opening that soul for a better character), you'll learn that you get the same character every time. So this means that the character is assigned instantly when you get the soul, and waiting to open it holds no value in those terms. With this in mind, the character selection is done piece by piece, not all 50 at one time (just goint to use 50 as example). If it selected all 50 at once (say, during the time of opening), that would feasibly increase your chances of getting better chars in a random selection... but that's just not the case. *Of course, if you get an exalted sacrifice, I believe you get 50 rare souls which would give you that chance, as all 50 would be assigned at the same time.

In terms of upping your chances to pull a better soul by having a stockpile of them waiting for you - in the thinking that the game might know if you've got a pile of souls waiting, and thus reward you for playing a lot - I really don't think this is the case. I've sat on 50+ souls and opened them, hoping my latest ones would be great - only to find them all garbage. Then I've pulled a random single rare soul, with no souls in tow, and pulled a Samurai Eddie from it.

I do think there might be something to the amount you play, in terms of reward. So for example, if you burn through 5000 souls, there might be something that gives you a 4* or 5* pull just from reaching that behind-the-scenes achievement... but that's just speculation. It could also be that by playing so much, you've gotten lucky a couple times and that's all.

Just my experience and I am in no way an expert on the subject... but my feeling is that waiting on those souls more likely gives a feeling of enhanced possibility that doesn't really exist in terms of numbers and random generation.

OS
    Android
    I can confirm that. Open'd 99 souls, game crashed after I got to see the first few 3*, started game again and sacrificed those 99 souls again for the same result.

Based on this I open all rare+ souls I get, leveling up the 3* Eddies / 4* allies or better I get to build sacrifices... Unless close to max roster, like now, and with an unknown event about to start.

Seeing how it didn't started already though I'm leaning toward a similar SoL for fragments over 3 days as last week, different character.
    RETIRED - Lulero-2041 - Cyborg Ed.
    "Time you enjoy wasting isn't wasted time" - B. Russel

Toons I maxed after Cyborg, chronologically ordered:
    Allied Bomber Boy, Pyro Soldier, Corrupt Rescuer, The Nomad, Wrath
    Run to the Hill Ed., Grim Reaper Ed., Angel of Fear, Soulless Demon
    Desert Marauder, Undead Rescuer, Pharaoh Dog, Death Dog
    Corrupt General

OS
    Android
    I usually just use them as soon as I get them, but I do like the idea of saving them. Like if I got 1 rare soul every day for 10 days, sure I could spend one and maybe have 1 premium out of them all but just that dissapointed feeling of not seeing those pretty red eyes everyday can be heartbreaking lol. But when I use all ten and it works, there's the adrenaline of oh my god I got someone good, but how many and which ones? Then again when you use all 10 at once and get nothing, I'm sure there's no worse feeling lol.
    Fearless leader of the Jomsvikings

This is a subject that has come up so many times in the past. You can collect as many souls as you like. They aren't decided as to which toon you will pull when you get the soul... they are decided when you drop them in Eddie's mouth. That being said, I like to save them for 20, 50, or 100 at a time... I seem to get better pulls that way. But it could also be that when dropping that many at a time you would get the same thing feeding them one at a time. I like dropping a bunch at a time but I suppose it's personal preferance...
    Sidney-1805
    Daily Player
    This game is going to get me fired one day...

OS
    Android
    What about saving them for events like the two most recent ones? Surely if theres a 2x greater chance of pulling 4/5* toons during that event it doesn't matter if you have been hoarding them or just purchased them in the store. Or if its a sacrificing event the more souls you have saved the better chance to achieve higher tier levels. I am thinking of hoarding mine for the moment for these reasons. The others being that I now have up to a dozen new toons to focus on leveling up so no need to drop new souls for some time, and its also a way to inexpensively manage a resource such as souls.
    "Handing out the oranges in JomsVikings"

thealchemist-3575.