Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

June 2017 Tuning Discussion - PRELIMINARY

This is the main post to discuss general changes that are in an upcoming update.

You can see the details for the preliminary tuning adjustments in the Game Updates forum post.
    Last edited by Sparton_LOTB; 06-29-2017 at 05:45 PM.

OS
    Android
    Hey Sparton,
    Not sure if this is how it's supposed to work or not, but when Mystic Eddie's Immortality is executed on a teammate and they come back, they're coming back with 1-hit's worth of health (similar to Clairvoyant's Eddie issue, I believe). I noticed it's fixed for her in this next update, so I was wondering if this one could be snuck in as well?

\m/

Hey Sparton!!
    Just some questions to be more clear, now Beelzebub mandatory slots will be all greens? If it right.. why??
    The Fervor fix is supposed give the next attack charge right??
    Viking MR charge is broken right now, is not goin' to be fixed in this update??
    There won't be "special" Talismans for Assassins too?? Or we must take the Resilience and Resistance previous update as a kind of new ones?? (Like shell for greens, Strike for warriors, immunity for Gunners and life for magus)

Thanks in advance!!
    English is not my native language

Demoonchild-7235 // Already full of nice troopers, some of them nice people too!

OS
    Android
    hi sparton, can you please explain how beelzes talismans slots will look like?
    i read it that way that he will have 3 green and 3 free slots?

on the paper the changes look very reasonable. love the buffs for beelzebub and vampire hunter and other unused characters. would be very cool if you guys would consider some buffs to the poor alliance general, who is extremly unused as rare 5* :-).

i'm a little concerned, that the rng factor will be higher after the update, but that's just a vague idea ofc. have to see how this will work out in practise.

hope we will get cool content too
    and please consider a rerelease of shells and immunity before BNW, because some players who have a lot of those really have a unfair advantage over those who don't have them...

don't be a mofo and join the mofos.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.

OS
    Android
    Tks for releasing this patch notes to us, Sparton and Kaz, really appreciated.

Im taking a time to read here but I like the first look, some nice changes with unused chars like Beel, looks like he will worth to be a 5*.

OS
    Android
    I don't care much for the characters tuning, we all gonna adapt with whatever changes they throw at us. I'm more interested in what new content they are preparing for us and WHEN it is going to come.
    No we're not in paradise
    This is who we are
    This is what we've got
    No, it's not our paradise
    But it's all we want
    And it's all that we're fighting for
    But it's not paradise

OS
    Android
    Sparton, will Vampire Hunter Eddies "Claim" skill be fixed to properly heal all allies?

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner-1212 View Post
    Not sure if this is how it's supposed to work or not, but when Mystic Eddie's Immortality is executed on a teammate and they come back, they're coming back with 1-hit's worth of health (similar to Clairvoyant's Eddie issue, I believe). I noticed it's fixed for her in this next update, so I was wondering if this one could be snuck in as well?
    One of our QA guys tried that out and saw the character who died with Immortality revived with the expected 60% HP, so this doesn't appear to happen all the time.

If you see this happen again, please take a screenshot and post a thread with how you got into that situation in the Bug Reports subforum.

Quote Originally Posted by Demoonchild View Post
    Just some questions to be more clear, now Beelzebub mandatory slots will be all greens? If it right.. why??
    The Fervor fix is supposed give the next attack charge right??
    Viking MR charge is broken right now, is not goin' to be fixed in this update??
    There won't be "special" Talismans for Assassins too?? Or we must take the Resilience and Resistance previous update as a kind of new ones?? (Like shell for greens, Strike for warriors, immunity for Gunners and life for magus)
    • We're switching Beelzebub to all greens to allow him to be extremely tanky (or be fairly tanky while having a lot of options for different talisman augments at the same time), as we feel that better differentiates him from his Eternal peers.
    • Correct.
    • If it's not in the preliminary patch notes, we do not have a fix for it yet, but we may be able to by the time the update is finalized and is submitted.
    • We have at least one more Purple talisman planned, but it's not ready for release yet, and we feel that the next two will be a more interesting impact with the current PVP meta.

Quote Originally Posted by slauki View Post
    hi sparton, can you please explain how beelzes talismans slots will look like?
    i read it that way that he will have 3 green and 3 free slots?
    Correct.

would be very cool if you guys would consider some buffs to the poor alliance general, who is extremly unused as rare 5* :-).
    He's actually one of the most used Sentinels by attackers in PVP. I don't think many people on the forums use him, as that statistic surprised me as well. That said, I know of one other developer who makes good use of him, just with what most people would consider atypical team compositions, so there's definitely people who are a fan of his unique gimmicks and make them count.

and please consider a rerelease of shells and immunity before BNW, because some players who have a lot of those really have a unfair advantage over those who don't have them...
    Well, not everyone will be a fan of it, but we just released a promotion in the store for the ability to buy some special talisman packs which include a whole slew of rare and useful talismans, so you can check that out.

We are looking at other ways we can reintroduce them in a limited fashion via other methods, too, since even once BNW is out, they'll be damn rare to grind for.

Quote Originally Posted by HomemLivre View Post
    Sparton, will Vampire Hunter Eddies "Claim" skill be fixed to properly heal all allies?
    We don't have a fix for that yet. Kaz says he'll double check the data and see if there's something we're missing, but the way that skill is supposed to function is fairly unique, so it may not be a fix we can do without involving a programmer.

Quote Originally Posted by The Educated fool View Post
    100% agree with slauki... given the existence and propagation of Immunity talismans, Corrupt General's damage is ridiculous. We buff Cyborg fifty ways to Sunday every update... why must the general continue to hit like a toddler with a head cold? He needs a buff.
    The Corrupt General is still one of the most used characters on attack for PVP, so I think many other players disagree with you there. With all the options for removing buffs from enemies that are in the game right now, he definitely pulls his weight in the right situations.

(Plus, while not meta-changing, his power skill can AoE seal, which people have pointed out works great with Mystic Eddie in a defensive attack team.)

Quote Originally Posted by The Educated fool View Post
    Also: what prompted the changes to Speed of Light Eddie and The Wicker Man? I very rarely see either of these in the Arena, and I have a hard time believing that either are in any way either over or underpowered, given that they've been the way they are for such a long time without anyone whining about them... so what made you change them? It reminds me of the way Warrior Troll was casually neutered a few updates back. Seems extremely arbitrary, and frankly, annoying.
    For Speed of Light Eddie, his basic attack Restore literally heals 100% HP in most situations, which is not intended (especially for a basic attack), so that was scaled back accordingly. That said, we also looked at the proc chances for many of his other skills and felt that, since he's not a major damage dealer, he could use with better proc rates, and thus the other changes.

For The Wicker Man, we just wanted to see more use with him, and for him (and Fear of the Dark Eddie) we wanted to make sure that the Defense scaling accounted for more to make collecting and using different talismans and status effects more impactful.

But like Corrupt General, Speed of Light Eddie and The Wicker Man are actually reasonably commonly used (at least on attack), but nonetheless we felt that these changes to make them more used can perhaps encourage different kinds of teams to consider using them, too. It's not as obvious for most players right now, but we're also looking at adding in improvements so you can see what kinds of teams have attacked you so you as players can see a bit more of this diversity as well.

Quote Originally Posted by BG840 View Post
    I would like to see 2-3 "on deck" slots added to the arena menu for us players that often have to swap toons. Like regular team then sub A,B,C to keep from scrolling the list all the time. Just a thought.
    Yeah, improvements for refining a team (or swapping between preset teams) is definitely something we're looking into, it's just very tricky and time-consuming to make sure we can get everything working for all kinds of device sizes.

OS
    iOS
    Sparton, any word on fixing the acheivements?

We lost credit for all previous achievements earned in a past update, and it sure would be nice to get that credit back.

Thanks for taking your time and answer all us questions Sparton, I have another one, regarding to the Talisman cache and Talisman hoard SQ, any plan for them to be "improved"???
    I mean, is weird that one of the hardest stages of the game, also a secret one, special one or whatever name it has, gives as reward just one freeze talisman, for 12 SOT... Is not worthy at all!!
    English is not my native language

Demoonchild-7235 // Already full of nice troopers, some of them nice people too!