Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: pvp

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Silentknight View Post
    Join the club. 5 lists yesterday...1 bug free. Between the semi-frozen toons & the improper AoF extra turns...gave up! Jofer mentioned beta yesterday...beta wasn't this bad!!!
    "Beta wasn't this bad"...I laughed out loud at that comment...but the sad thing is it's true!
    Nicko-0517

OS
    iOS
    Wipp - your original concerns kind of got derailed into a PvP complaints thread. Easy to happen. A couple comments.

1) Look at some of the most recent weekly PvP posts - I comment pretty extensively on how to work the current point system. Jofer answered your question - if you rise fast you'll fall fast - unless you're ready to keep playing non-stop. Do exactly what he said - wait until the last day to soar. Otherwise it makes sense to cherry pick players above you throughout the week - or even just play your free SoW. Then on the last day - or last few hours - let it rip.

2) GMAC is a stand-up guy - who also happens to be a great player - so yes - he gained a ton of points fast. Certain players like Jofer, GMAC, and Carlos are simply beasts. They rise fast and and have this down to a science.
    Nicko-0517

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicko View Post
    "Beta wasn't this bad"...I laughed out loud at that comment...but the sad thing is it's true!
    Yeah, I know. Questioned it after, but the freezefest was at least consistent! Bugs are getting worse not better!
    Those that can...do
    Those that can't...teach
    Silentknight-4997, # of times laid since July/16...lots!!!
    Hahahaha, pathetic that some have to sell themselves as troopers

OS
    Android
    thanks for the tips nicko, i will read up tonight since im not in the tourney this week

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by wipp View Post
    ok is my game broke or is this a money making scam. i went to bed last night at 2 am with 4200 points. i woke up at 7:30 and logged in. In 5 hrs i went down to 2900. Well i decided to start playing asap. eternal eddie and corrupt gunner rendered useless. no titan shield all day, two hits and hes dead. strike tals dont work and lightning meter does not produce untill third round. all week i had no problem winning easily , but today i lose every battle. what am i doing wrong? also how long does it take you to regain 1000 points? i played gmac at 11:00 and he had 4400 points, now he has 6600 points in 4 hrs. something looks fishy to me. how do you get 3000 points in 3.5 hrs? it takes me a good 20 min to complete 10 battles..
    Among other things said around here, I've said a while back that there are specific time periods when the A.I. performs better than usual, thus - suddenly - it becomes harder to win a match. No one said anything, so maybe I'm wrong, but I still noticed, like you, that after I had no problem winning easily many matches, all of a sudden I start losing them, one after one. There must be something... fishy, of course.
    I wish for a talisman type converter

OS
    Android
    well said moonshadow. when i was saying something was fishy, i was not trying to bash gmac, i was referring to exactly what you just said . just couldn't simplify it like you did

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonShadow View Post
    Among other things said around here, I've said a while back that there are specific time periods when the A.I. performs better than usual, thus - suddenly - it becomes harder to win a match. No one said anything, so maybe I'm wrong, but I still noticed, like you, that after I had no problem winning easily many matches, all of a sudden I start losing them, one after one. There must be something... fishy, of course.
    I have noticed this in the past...thought maybe the players win streak modifiers carried over to their defense...If so, not a bad thing.
    Chaosego888-9998

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by wipp View Post
    well said moonshadow. when i was saying something was fishy, i was not trying to bash gmac, i was referring to exactly what you just said . just couldn't simplify it like you did
    There must be something, if we aren't the only ones who noticed it...

Quote Originally Posted by Chaosego888 View Post
    I have noticed this in the past...thought maybe the players win streak modifiers carried over to their defense...If so, not a bad thing.
    Well, I firstly thought of that, too, but I noticed that the defense performs all the right moves and does not make any silly steps... until my team is wiped out. Which also isn't a bad thing for a defense, but... I don't like it when I'm attacking..
    I wish for a talisman type converter

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicko View Post

2) GMAC is a stand-up guy - who also happens to be a great player - so yes - he gained a ton of points fast. Certain players like Jofer, GMAC, and Carlos are simply beasts. They rise fast and and have this down to a science.
    Nicko,

Saw this yesterday, thx for the kind words!

wipp, we're cool, no worries. Please PM me if you have any specific questions.

cheers
    gmac

OS
    Android
    dje your defense gives me hell.