Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    OS
    iOS

Wink evolving the right allies

I received a Pharaoh Eddie in the first week of playing - quite fortunate - so it has been my sole Eddie I use to this point, though I have leveled many 3* Eddies to 60 and a couple I have evolved to 4* and leveled to 80. Pharaoh Eddie has been an asskicker, if a little light on attack vs. defense.

I just got my first 5* ally - a warrior CotD - so that is going to allow me to add a second lvl 100 to my PvP stable as well as progress a bit further in the campaign and the time rift, which is great.

I have a magus Golden Son at 4* lvl 80 with 5 skill shards added - before i knew to perhaps hold back and save them for the best allies - and also received a magus CotD which is a 4* to start. I have lvl'd it to 80, but no skill shards are added.

My question is: Which do I evolve? I really like the heal on perfect attack the GS has, and it has 5 skill shards already allocated. How does that ally compare to the magus CotD? Is one better combined with Pharaoh Eddie, give that I am going to move forward with the warrior version of CotD? Is there another magus ally I should hold out for? I've found it very slow collecting the mats needed to evolve chars past 4*, so I want to be considered in my selection. Am I being too cautious?

Eddies:
    80 4* Eddie - warrior
    80 4* RttH Eddie - warrior
    100 5* Pharaoh Eddie - sentinel
    80 4* Mummy Eddie - sentinel
    80 4* SoL Eddie - magus
    80 4* Soldier Eddie - Gold

Allies:

Magus:
    80 4* CotD
    80 4* Corrupt Owl Cultist
    80 4* Golden Son (5 skill shards)

Warrior:
    80 4* Newborn of Light
    80 4* Pyro Soldier (3 skill shards)
    80 4* Rocket Dog
    80 4* Undead Rescuer
    66 5* CotD

Sentinel:
    80 4* Dog of War
    80 4* Harpy (4 skill shards)
    80 4* Pyro Soldier
    80 4* Soulless Demon

Gold:
    52 4* Undead Allied Soldier
    37 4* Desert Marauder

Purple:
    80 4* Soulless Demon
    80 4* Undead Axis Gunner
    60 3* Desert Rider

I appreciate any input. Up the Irons.

nailalian / jdw

PS: I am not sure which of my allies started as natural 4* or which were evolved once already.

First off, welcome to the forum! There are a lot of great resources in the subforums to help guide your progress in the game. Now, for your team...

If you're starved for evo materials, I wouldn't evolve either of those Magus allies. Gun to my head I would choose Magus Golden Sun because of the healing moves and revive passive, but you have several characters worthy of evolving ahead of them. Namely, most of the Warrior & Sentinel characters you have are going to be worthy of evolving. The specific characters you choose now would depend on your playstyle, but Sentinel Harpy/Soulless Demon & Warrior NBoL are all popular in PvP right now. Warrior Pyro Soldier & Gunner Desert Marauder also have great use.

Side note, great pull on the Warrior CotD. I don't have one, but when I was progressing through the game this character (via troopers) helped me get through a lot of the campaign & skull quests. If you did nothing else, that character will get you far once leveled.

OS
    Android
    Hi,

For PVP use (since soon you'll have cleared the whole PVE), i'd recommend :

- Warrior NBoL : best buff remover after Wrath
    - Sentinel SD : Nice taunter, nice dmg that scales of HP, a pain in the ass to deal with

Which are two really good characters for PVP (and for PVE too)

Magus GS is ok, he lacks of damage and doesnt provide a lot of support, his heal is great but i really think he is either too squishy either has not enough damage (i never see him on top 250 of PVP)
    Warrior Pyro is great in PVP because of his ability to cause a burn that removes beneficial effect, same for the sentinel one. But the NBoL outclass them both(he removes buffs in a more consistent way and his passive is great)
    Pharaoh Eddie is great, the other one who might be worth evolving is soldier Eddie
    Sentinel Harpy is great too, but doesnt provides any control compared to SSD, so i'd say she's weaker

Currently best character for arena is Gunner Corrupted rescuer, so prisonner or any buff remover is really great in the meta
    Nerada-3011

And then there was silence, just a voice from other world
    Like a leaf in an icy world, memories will fade

OS
    iOS
    These are really helpful summaries, much appreciated.

nailalian

OS
    iOS

another question, concerning skill shards ...

Thanks again for the info. Now a question about skill shard efficiency. I've looked through the various threads and topics and there is so much there that I was getting bogged down, so I hope the community doesn't mind some more specific questions.

Would it be most prudent to max my Pharaoh Eddie before starting to add shards to my most promising alliesI already added shards to 3 of my allies and some were the right choice, but I became concerned about misusing them and started to horde them instead. Think I have 7, so not a ton, but enough to where i would like to start applying them. Pharaoh Eddie has 12 shards applied.

thanks in advance.

nailalian

Quote Originally Posted by nailalian View Post
    Thanks again for the info. Now a question about skill shard efficiency. I've looked through the various threads and topics and there is so much there that I was getting bogged down, so I hope the community doesn't mind some more specific questions.

Would it be most prudent to max my Pharaoh Eddie before starting to add shards to my most promising alliesI already added shards to 3 of my allies and some were the right choice, but I became concerned about misusing them and started to horde them instead. Think I have 7, so not a ton, but enough to where i would like to start applying them. Pharaoh Eddie has 12 shards applied.

thanks in advance.

nailalian
    I would shard your allies before Pharaoh Eddie because he can work just fine in PvP without shards. Sharding allies give you more flexibility whereas many Eddies can survive in PvP without them.

It's always better to improve the skills on your allies as they're present in all battles within Skull Quests, Progression etc, whereas you can switch between Eddie characters in order to gain advantage, remove low health etc. They also tend to have fewer skills which can be upgraded, as well as to lower maximum levels, so you can max out their skills quicker than an Eddie. Eddie's usually have at least 4 skills that can be upgraded and then they have the Fury skill - due to the RNG factor you never know which is to be upgraded and it can also favour against the one you want, e.g. it'll upgrade Past/Future skills before Present and the Past/Future skills are hardly used due to their effectiveness.

I have upgraded some Eddie characters with Skill Shards, and then wished I'd upgraded an ally as I don't always use the Eddie that I've upgraded.
    Ken

CrossbowCA-7764

OS
    Android
    It's worth to rise up your Mummy Eddie, for me, even more useful than Soldier Eddie. In low/medium levels it works fine in the arena. In fact, right now is the Eddie I'm using in defense and sometimes in offense too in PvP, and I'm on the top 100.
    I don't have many 5* magus, I don't find most of them to be very useful, but if you want to choose which one to raise, I suggest you to pick magus Golden Son. I had some hard times playing against some of them because of the healing.
    Another magus that may works fine in the while you pick better allies is the Allied Soldier. It hits very hard, doesn't need much shards, and to have the reflect shield for just 4 power isn't bad. When PvP started I have it equipped with Blind and Freeze talismans, and it kicked asses, it was my main ally.

Then, for the allies you listed, I think that the ones recommended before (Pyro Soldier, Sentinel Soulles Demon and Warrior Newborn of Light) are good choices. All of them were very useful in the arena. I used'em all in defense and offense. Also, the Desert Marauder well equipped and sharded is very dangerous, can turn down an enemy in one shot. Another that you may get sooner or later and can help if you rise, is the Assassin Golden Son. It's worth to rise it up.

Hope it helps you. You have a nice list of characters.

Nico-0232

OS
    Android

First 5*

Itīs not my post but I am in the same issue at the moment. Only level 30 and I finally managed to grind 6 Magus evo shards but I am unsure as to what might be better. I also have Magus Golden Sun which has REALLY help me with its healing effect but with the anniversary week Iīve managed to pull other magus such as CotD, MCR ( loving the freeze, no skill shards yet) and Carriage Rider Eddie. I donīt have any magus eddies but I do have shaman and Samurai Eddie which have helped me out a lot. So Im unsure as to making my first 5* an ally or should CR Eddie. Can anyone guide me? Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Coletrain View Post
    First off, welcome to the forum! There are a lot of great resources in the subforums to help guide your progress in the game. Now, for your team...

If you're starved for evo materials, I wouldn't evolve either of those Magus allies. Gun to my head I would choose Magus Golden Sun because of the healing moves and revive passive, but you have several characters worthy of evolving ahead of them. Namely, most of the Warrior & Sentinel characters you have are going to be worthy of evolving. The specific characters you choose now would depend on your playstyle, but Sentinel Harpy/Soulless Demon & Warrior NBoL are all popular in PvP right now. Warrior Pyro Soldier & Gunner Desert Marauder also have great use.

Side note, great pull on the Warrior CotD. I don't have one, but when I was progressing through the game this character (via troopers) helped me get through a lot of the campaign & skull quests. If you did nothing else, that character will get you far once leveled.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeraki2 View Post
    Itīs not my post but I am in the same issue at the moment. Only level 30 and I finally managed to grind 6 Magus evo shards but I am unsure as to what might be better. I also have Magus Golden Sun which has REALLY help me with its healing effect but with the anniversary week Iīve managed to pull other magus such as CotD, MCR ( loving the freeze, no skill shards yet) and Carriage Rider Eddie. I donīt have any magus eddies but I do have shaman and Samurai Eddie which have helped me out a lot. So Im unsure as to making my first 5* an ally or should CR Eddie. Can anyone guide me? Thanks in advance
    Out of those, I think your best choice is either MCR or Carriage Rider Eddie. A few thoughts:

-MCR: The freeze is the big ticket item here & even without it being fully sharded it is a great move. Get an ally with an energy talisman set and you could potentially use freeze multiple turns in a row. The basic attack has a decent chance of removing beneficial effects from a single target which helps when say a Lord of Light has a shield on.

-Carriage Rider: His fury removes all beneficials from all enemies which is a killer skill to have when going through underworld and dealing with trolls. His Torch move does great single target damage and also heals; i've made it through tough areas with no allies left just by using his Torch move to pick off enemies 1 by 1 while healing. His basic attack is mediocre but those 2 aforementioned skills make him worth evolving.

I didn't have either character for the campaign, but a few troopers had Carriage Riders which I used extensively to get through the underworld secret locations (now called "Talisman Skull Quests"). That said, I think either is worthy of evolving and would help you. It comes down to whether you want/need another 5* Eddie or whether you need another strong ally for your team.