Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    OS
    iOS
    Thank you Sparton and Nodding Frog,
    This weekend was so lucky for me. On Saturday, I got my second eternal soul: Wrath!
    Then, I opened one green soul: Sentinel Harpy!
    I filled vortex today and got 25 gunner/assassin souls and there he was: the Prisoner with Death Dog, Ass. Cor. Ox Cultist, Gunner Golden Son and my 2nd GCR.
    Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Now, I only need a ton of skillshards and evo shards.
    Pepp-7418, daily player using all troopers daily

OS
    iOS
    Congratz to all who got new characters out of this event.

I used up my trooper badges and made two exalted sacrifices, which gave me in total 45 G/A souls. I pulled 4x 4* dupes out of it and rest 3*. Went to vortex again.
    Pack of 10 anni souls gave me a 4* whatever dupe (went into exalted sacri mentioned), got 2 missing 3* holiday characters which is only good for my collectionist mind. I did not feel the 2x rate, but I am generally not that lucky.

Seems Cyborg will avoid me at all cost. Same for CG, CRE, Assassin Troll and W CotD. I am curious just how many more thousand souls I have to dump into the book to get them and how much time it will take.

To be honest, I think the anni event has both great and bad parts. Several aspects of the game giving extra is great (sacrifice, precious souls, daily rewards, 2x chance at summon), but the anni souls and the mythic soul pack are something I do not understand.

The new missions are a great distraction for a while, but I do think lots of players can just go through them in a week (LoL class constraints), then we are back again to troopers + arena. While I am waiting BNW release with many others, I do not think it will materially change the gaming experience, but will more likely be like LoL. Interesting while it's new, but then it will be another grind.

A suggestion would be to make a daily dungeon of some sort, where we can get soul and skill shard fragments with additional chance to get the souls/shards themselves, something like a harder Gold/Soul Cache & Hoard. That would give core players something to play with and collect those fragments. And with the constant changing of characters, I do not think anyone feels they have abundant skill shards, even if they accumulated 50+. That amount is still good for close to nothing. Not to mention people like Silentknight and myself, the collectionists, whose final goal would be to have all available characters maxed (lvl 100, sharded). For that, we need close to 1,500 shards

I still vote for Immortal Event being the best one so far. Maybe Halloween too, that was fun and rewarding as well though not to the extent of Immortal.

I think many people are losing interest and don't feel entertained, I hope this will change in the future. NF is heading the right afterall, but until the bugs are fixed, people won't be that happy as they could be.
    Enti-2694

OS
    Android
    I've pulled so many awesome characters from this event. It's led to many sacrifices, new toons, exciting dupes (handful of GCR's) and a good amount of skill shards (ult. sacrifice gave 6!).

My long-anticipated toons still elude me. Aces High Eddie, Coalgiver, Prisoner, Cyborg... but that's ok. The more Eddies I get in my collection, the more chance I have of getting dupes. Nature of the beast. And hey - if they just handed out these toons to everybody, then we'd all have them already and they'd lose their appeal. So I get it.

Thank you NF for this event, and congrats on a year of churning out exciting content and events, characters, and dealing with the wrath that comes from producing a great game for the masses. Up the irons!!! \m/

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Enti View Post
    Congratz to all who got new characters out of this event.

I used up my trooper badges and made two exalted sacrifices, which gave me in total 45 G/A souls. I pulled 4x 4* dupes out of it and rest 3*. Went to vortex again.
    Pack of 10 anni souls gave me a 4* whatever dupe (went into exalted sacri mentioned), got 2 missing 3* holiday characters which is only good for my collectionist mind. I did not feel the 2x rate, but I am generally not that lucky.

Seems Cyborg will avoid me at all cost. Same for CG, CRE, Assassin Troll and W CotD. I am curious just how many more thousand souls I have to dump into the book to get them and how much time it will take.

To be honest, I think the anni event has both great and bad parts. Several aspects of the game giving extra is great (sacrifice, precious souls, daily rewards, 2x chance at summon), but the anni souls and the mythic soul pack are something I do not understand.

The new missions are a great distraction for a while, but I do think lots of players can just go through them in a week (LoL class constraints), then we are back again to troopers + arena. While I am waiting BNW release with many others, I do not think it will materially change the gaming experience, but will more likely be like LoL. Interesting while it's new, but then it will be another grind.

A suggestion would be to make a daily dungeon of some sort, where we can get soul and skill shard fragments with additional chance to get the souls/shards themselves, something like a harder Gold/Soul Cache & Hoard. That would give core players something to play with and collect those fragments. And with the constant changing of characters, I do not think anyone feels they have abundant skill shards, even if they accumulated 50+. That amount is still good for close to nothing. Not to mention people like Silentknight and myself, the collectionists, whose final goal would be to have all available characters maxed (lvl 100, sharded). For that, we need close to 1,500 shards

I still vote for Immortal Event being the best one so far. Maybe Halloween too, that was fun and rewarding as well though not to the extent of Immortal.

I think many people are losing interest and don't feel entertained, I hope this will change in the future. NF is heading the right afterall, but until the bugs are fixed, people won't be that happy as they could be.
    Ditto!!! Event doesn't even come close to Halloween or Immortal! Thot this was anniversary...smells like divorce! Won't even bother as I have no room, 143/150...sacrificing is a pain in the ass!!! Also the pathetic drop from my 1st ultimate sacrifice has turned me off anything they have to offer!!!
    Those that can...do
    Those that can't...teach
    Silentknight-4997, # of times laid since July/16...lots!!!
    Hahahaha, pathetic that some have to sell themselves as troopers

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Kardas View Post
    The only thing I'd suggest is that maybe don't have special event souls so soon after another. I'm sure some people who blew everything on Seer Souls are bummed now that they can't participate in this.
    yep this was very bad timing i think. two different souls to purchase in two different week is kinda lame, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparton_LOTB View Post
    Well, that's the thing. The players with six figure Iron Coin reserves are also the players who are typical repeat visitors for Eternal and King divisions, which means they already are getting a dozen or so more Skill Shards than the average player... and also fairly engaged/hardcore players (by virtue of the weekly reset rewards). Doubling that massive advantage would definitely feel rewarding for that subset of players, but it risks creating even more of a divide that I don't think we're comfortable with.

Which isn't to say we won't make a package like that like that in the future, or other deals like the one-time Eternity Soul, but I don't think we'd add something like that as a routine purchase.
    the real divide is the talisman situation. those with immunity/shells are having and unfair advantage (like myself) against others without them. this is a gap which has to be closed asap i think.

i see your point in the skillshard problematic but the hardcore guys have sharded most toons they need anyway. everything else is just a bonus for fun purposes. and the hardcore guys have much more toons anyway and 50 skillshards for 100k coins would be enough for 2 eddies. so not thaaaat huge of an unfair advantage if you ask me. or 10 for 20k like nicko suggested would'n hurt anyone at all.

that said maybe it would be better to make some kind of legendary pack lets say 10 for 20k coins would be a possibility.
    once you have a decent roster legendaries are not that impressive anymore since 5* are also hard to get with them, so i cannot see a reason to be so scrooge about them.

i would let players buy them weekly, that would motivate many guys to grind more and earn more coins. and let's be honest most drops from legendary souls are crap anyway, so also beginners wouldn't get too much of a early game braking advantage very often.

same thing with the g/a souls. you could easily implement them to the store for a once per week purchase or also with a pack like 40 for 20k.

that said:
    a grinding for skillshards event in the lol would be a huge ironit burning fest. i hope you guys consider this as an option :-)
    Last edited by slauki; 07-03-2017 at 03:46 PM.

don't be a mofo and join the mofos.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.

OS
    Android
    I don't know how you guys doing it. I feel like the most unluckiest player here, I bought anniversary souls and received flicking deers, newborns, 4th pyro soldier and other crap. I spent all my ironite (2 left) and basically I have the same stuff I had before. Even bloody precious souls are giving me useless gold idols and * hearts. Don't know what's going on. My account must be cursed I think. I like this game and I'm playing every day since almost a year and it really annoys me when I see how the other players have a luck getting crucial toons so easy and quick.
    I have checked history payments in the google store (ironite, special event souls etc.) and blimey, almost had a heart attack. Didn’t realise how quick several small transactions on the mobile phone game will exceed over £200. As if I could back in the time, NF would not get any penny from me and from now on never will.
    Luckily Blizzard released mini expansion pack for Diablo3 (for the price of small ironite pack here) with new GUARANTEED character and others stuff. GUARANTEED - word not listed in NF vocabulary.
    I’m not quitting LOTB, I’m just changing my status to casual. New season in Diablo3 starts soon, so I will play LoTB very occasionally, for sure I will use my 50 troopers every day and maybe will play few pvp battles and that’s it.
    Daily player ...

Current champion - Iron Maiden Eddie

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris-0707 View Post
    I don't know how you guys doing it. I feel like the most unluckiest player here.
    I've definitely had my share of those moments as well. Even just this weekend, at one point I opened 10 anniversary souls and got all 3* crap. I excitedly opened my Legendary soul from the arena on Friday, and it was my 4th pyro soldier. I felt the way you did, I'm sure. Got lots of pumpkins and stuff I'll never use, but I won't get rid of. But then I landed my Corrupt Harpy, which I really wanted badly... and that was super exciting. it ebbs and flows.

I also bought the anniversary package. Half as a thank you to NF, and half because I wanted that loot. My Mystical Soul pulled a dupe Pharaoh Eddie, I was kind of bummed... but I powered him up and he helped me hit my ultimate sacrifice (along with that pyro soldier) and therefore carried his weight.

You may have shit luck today, and great luck tomorrow. That's RNG. But ff you look at that Pyro as a means to another end, it helps it seem less unlucky.

I hope you get some really kickass guy that you've waited for soon. I'd gift you a soul to open if that was a feature (Sparton... feature idea? ability to gift souls to troopers?). In the meantime, hang in there. We've all been there! \m/

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by slauki View Post
    yep this was very bad timing i think. two different souls to purchase in two different week is kinda lame, sorry.

the real divide is the talisman situation. those with immunity/shells are having and unfair advantage (like myself) against others without them. this is a gap which has to be closed asap i think.

i see your point in the skillshard problematic but the hardcore guys have sharded most toons they need anyway. everything else is just a bonus for fun purposes. and the hardcore guys have much more toons anyway and 50 skillshards for 100k coins would be enough for 2 eddies. so not thaaaat huge of an unfair advantage if you ask me. or 10 for 20k like nicko suggested would'n hurt anyone at all.

that said maybe it would be better to make some kind of legendary pack lets say 10 for 20k coins would be a possibility.
    once you have a decent roster legendaries are not that impressive anymore since 5* are also hard to get with them, so i cannot see a reason to be so scrooge about them.

i would let players buy them weekly, that would motivate many guys to grind more and earn more coins. and let's be honest most drops from legendary souls are crap anyway, so also beginners wouldn't get too much of a early game braking advantage very often.

same thing with the g/a souls. you could easily implement them to the store for a once per week purchase or also with a pack like 40 for 20k.

that said:
    a grinding for skillshards event in the lol would be a huge ironit burning fest. i hope you guys consider this as an option :-)
    I agree with all Slauki wrote. I think Jofer is a prime example. He has a huge hoard of skill shards that he hasn't spent, yet managed to become Eternal week after week with a limited number of toons. You reach a certain point where everything is icing on the cake. When Caliza and I battled Saturday I can promise you neither of us were doing a lot of - if any - toon switching - that's too slow. You have your core 4-6 and that's what you use when speed matters.

Sharding other characters at this point is simply for fun. I'll NEVER use Rainmaker in PvP but he's been getting one shard a week. More skill shards won't turn anyone into a Jofer or GMAC - quite simply, effort, time, strategy, and stamina are required for that. Giving someone Jofers roster won't make them Jofer.

With that being said, if there is a fun way to put those coins to use looking forward to hearing it!
    Nicko-0517

OS
    iOS
    Quite happy with the event (looks like RNG was on my side). I got enough 4* / sacrificial hearts to do a tier 6 sacrifice. Which gave me 15 G/A souls. Filled the Vortex at the same time and got bunch of skill shards + legendary soul + 5 G/A :

new Eddies:
    - Vampire Hunter Eddie
    - Navigator Eddie
    dupes worth mentioning:
    - Rainmaker Eddie
    - Alliance General
    - Corrupt Ox Cultist
    - Golden Son x 2

(I'll level + sac the dupes this week)

angelkelly
    Is there any way you guys would be willing to increase the amount of skill shards you get from a tier 6 sacrifice. Only receiving 2 skill shards was a bit disappointing and very frustrating.

Besides that I finally manage to pull Mystic Eddie and a lot of other key toons. Now all I'm missing is Sentinel Harpy and The Prisoner.
    Last edited by angelkelly; 07-07-2017 at 05:18 PM.