Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    OS
    iOS

An Anniversary Thank You

With the one year anniversary of LotB here, I wanted to officially thank Nodding Frog for all they’ve done right. There has been a lot of negativity on these forums at times – some of it deserved, some of it not – but there is a lot to be said for how they’ve handled some things.

PvP and the Prisoner Issue. My impression is that when Roadhouse designed this game, PvP wasn’t top of mind – if it was even on their minds at all. It arrived - and it's been a lot of fun. Those early days however made it obvious there was a difference in experience based on which side of the Prisoner divide you fell on – and that was a tough situation. I think it was handled really well. The talismans – the nerf – all of it. And I don’t think that was an easy situation to handle – so kudos.

The new talismans and meta changes. Things HAVE to evolve – otherwise they’d get stale. I hate having toons nerfed as much as anyone – but we all adapt – and change keeps things stimulating – and stimulating keeps things fun. I've personally had a lot of fun navigating and adapting to things like Strike talismans and the new (and altered) toons.

The Events – I thought I’d NEVER complete my Eddie collection – those Assassin and Gunners were always so dang rare – but the Immortal soul event – as well as some of the others made it possible. It’s equalizing the divide between more recent players and those of us who have been along the full year - and that’s a good thing. The elephant in the room is obviously no new content, so it’s great that these events are happening to at least give us reasons to play.

Sacrifice – finally a use for those dupes! – and a skillshard bonanza when you had as many as I did.

Developer interaction – Sparton and Kaz listen – and respond. It’s really appreciated.

The Forum Members - If it wasn't for the social side of this game and all the cool people here, this would be a much different experience. I think it's what's kept me here more than anything else.

I hope others continue to add to this list. We gripe – we occasionally bicker – and some have even left – but for those who are still here – thanks to the NF team and looking forward to great things to come!
    Nicko-0517

OS
    iOS
    Well said, Nicko!

Glad to count you as Trooper.

OS
    Android
    Diplomatic, as always! But yeah, still gunna bitch,lmao!
    Those that can...do
    Those that can't...teach
    Silentknight-4997, # of times laid since July/16...lots!!!
    Hahahaha, pathetic that some have to sell themselves as troopers

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Silentknight View Post
    Diplomatic, as always! But yeah, still gunna bitch,lmao!
    Nah - just a glass is half-full type

And no diplomacy involved - I believe everything I wrote. Not to say there aren't issues - there are - but for me they're far outweighed by the pluses.

With a year under the belt - all in all it's been a pretty fun ride...
    Nicko-0517

OS
    Android
    I second all of this. Despite all the griping that occurs, the game has come far. Very far.

As I was playing some levels for the Missions I was suddenly remembering some annoying bugs for instance, that have been mercifully patched out of the game.
    Like endless Extra Turns. Or Reflect Shield loop. Or Magus CotD Blizzard Shield hangs. So happy those aren't around anymore!
    Soldier blue in the barren wastes
    Reflecting and shielding's a game
    Wrecking the Axis and wasting the dogs
    The only good demons are tame

Kardas-1158. Retired

OS
    iOS
    I respect this post, Nicko and would like to echo your gratitude before embarking on this long post.

Since we're talking about what was done well with the game, I'd like to discuss a lot of what went badly. For those who left, and those still playing, this post is for everyone's sake.

PvP and the Prisoner Issue – [...]
    We both remember the early days of the arena quite well, Nicko. One ultra rare character made all the difference there - those who were lucky to have this character would excel and those without would struggle week in, week out to maintain a good place.

The fact that this character was left untouched for so long is inexcusable - a character that was essential to get to the high ranks. Thousands of players were left feeling frustrated, waiting an age for either the inevitable balancing to come or to get lucky one day and summon the prisoner - whichever would come first. I cannot get behind the team's decision of taking until April to finally adjust the prisoner.

The Events – [...]
    How many events have been released in the past year that weren't simply a limited time purchasable soul with "special offers" on bundle packs costing €50? Do you remember the leading up to the Christmas event, where everyone had high hopes of a new, fun, rewarding event as a thank you for playing so long? Only to be slapped in the face with yet another limited time store deal telling us to pay them as a thank you reward.

The majority of events released thus far have been unfulfilling for a lot of players, with a lot of forum members showing their disgust publicly. The potential and opportunity to create something challenging and rewarding was always there but it seemed to always cross the developer's minds until just recently.

Remember this thread?

http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/sh...uspect+general

Back in mid-January Sparton promised players would have a say in character tuning in the future. That all changed very quickly leaving us forum members feeling yet again, betrayed and disappointed. It truly gave me a sense then that our voices, no matter how loud and important we might think they are - were actually just mutterings of a tortured little community.

Perhaps we shouldn't blame Sparton and the team for all of this - since what goes on in the game is being controlled by a higher power. But I must ask, if the devs really value our suggestions and criticisms that are found all over this forum on certain issues like; releasing rewarding events, addressing overpowered teams/strategies in the arena and controversial character tuning, couldn't they have done much more in the past year to make certain our voices were heard loud and clear?

That all being said, I would like to support everything Nicko said in his original post and thank Nodding Frog for taking over a game I have thoroughly enjoyed playing everyday for nearly a year now. I hope the future holds fun, exciting things and brings you continued success.
    mammy-7388

OS
    Android
    There is nothing I can add to this; very well said, sir. \m/

OS
    iOS
    Well said Nicko! Glad to be part of this community which without NF would have never existed. Up the Irons and loooking forward to next year's anniversary event !

P.S.: gods of RNG do not leave Nicko alone and give me Eternity Eddie so that I can (re)join the full Eddies list club ��
    All Eddies Collected and Maxed

Up the Irons Blood Brothers

Follow me on instagram for my concert pictures: http://instagram.com/beattheriff

Visit my concerts photography Facebook Store on: https://www.facebook.com/pg/beattheriff/shop/

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrice-1201 View Post
    Well said Nicko! Glad to be part of this community which without NF would have never existed. Up the Irons and loooking forward to next year's anniversary event !

P.S.: gods of RNG do not leave Nicko alone and give me Eternity Eddie so that I can (re)join the full Eddies list club ��
    It's a pretty lonely club right now
    Nicko-0517

OS
    Android
    Nice post, can't have said it better
    "Nothing lasts forever but the certainty of change"
    -Bruce Dickinson

(English is not my first language)