"You are 1 runes(s) over your inventory limit and cannot do quests"

Just started getting this message and it's preventing me from playing quests. I've got a ton of runes but I've just deleted a lot to no avail. I made sure no rune was at 99 anymore too. Anyone else have this issue or have a workaround?

You have to free at least a slot, sell all the runes of a "box", like 99 of the same kind.
    QED-6465 (Daily player, I rotate my shared characters).

OS
    Android
    The total amount of all your runes is +1... sell a full stack

Did you mix up rune and shard?

Do you keep stacks of the same rune? If yes, delete duplicated stacks.

if you go to where you see runes you can buy more slots. You can do the same with characters, shards and talisman.

Quote Originally Posted by Qed View Post
    You have to free at least a slot, sell all the runes of a "box", like 99 of the same kind.
    Fixed. You guys are awesome, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by daisu1-4294 View Post
    if you go to where you see runes you can buy more slots. You can do the same with characters, shards and talisman.
    Tell me where because as far as i know you can only buy slots for characters and talismans. Better check before talking.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by daisu1-4294 View Post
    i think its only possible to expand on characters and talismans and not runes or shards, at least i havent found a way
    Dutch-2701

5* Lvl 100 Champions all maxed talismans (If on my trooper list, let me know if you need me to change my current Champ)

* Grim Reaper (Champ)
    * FOTD
    * Carriage Rider
    * Warrior Troll
    * Warrior COTD
    * The Nomad

OS
    iOS
    Just an update, I got the message "You are 1 shard(s) over..." ...and yes, you need to free a box, but its better to find a box that has 1 shard or rune than 99 shards...so I sold 1 shard and freed the box, now game works again