Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    LOTB Producer

August 9 - Server Update

Hi Everyone.

As you've no doubt noticed, we did a server update this afternoon. the intent of this update was to lay some groundwork for the upcoming Time Rift Dungeons game client update.

As many of you have also clearly noticed, this server update included a significant number of tuning changes. You can find the list posted below.
    • Alliance General HP Increased
    • Child of the Damned (Magus) DEF and HP Lowered
    • Comet and Meteor Talisman Tuning and Balancing
    • Cyclone Shield tuned to match description.
    • Rapid Fire ability damage increased, but Extra Turn Chance lowered.
    • Wickerdog King Skill trigger chances increased. Mid-to-late game damage increased.
    • Wickerdog Queen basic attack made into AOE
    • Scramble Cost Lowered
    • Target skill made AOE with higher trigger chance.
    • Updating Ravage effect trigger chance.
    • Skewer now 100% Accuracy steal chance.
    • Lowered cost of Sever.
    • Mad Dance, Scald, Fire, and Break Skills all now have Permadeath.
    • Void Shield reflects both Physical and Magic damage as true damage back to all enemies with a chance to remove beneficial effects.
    • Bury now properly scales off of Magic and HP instead of ATK and HP
    • Chomp now stuns enemies below 30% HP
    • Thieve Skill Positive Effect Steal Chance increased to 100%. It now also DEF breaks.
    • Agony Skill now has a final hit AOE
    • Reave is now AOE
    • Rise has a chance to grant an Extra Turn, but enemy cost increased by 1. Rise Damage also lowered.
    • Disquiet replaces Reave on the Pharaoh's Spirit (Warrior) due to incompatible stat scaling on Reave.
    • Mourn Trigger chance increased to 50%.
    • Mummy Eddie late game HP and SP scaling increased
    • Decay skill is now AOE
    • Cast is now a multi-hit Skill. Fix for Cast DOT not dealing damage.
    • Ravage DEF break chance increased. Ravage is now multi-hit.
    • Fix for Cripple scaling the wong effect. Cripple is now multi-hit.
    • Pharaoh Eddie Fury Ability made AOE invincibility
    • Pharaoh Eddie DEF scaling increased.
    • DEF Scaling increased on Ruin and Slave to Death abilities.
    • Tuned the drop rates of items in the main campaign to have more emphasis on Rune drops.
    • Twist of Fate ability now deals True Damage.
    • Demon Golem (Fight and Gunner) Atk and Magic stats increased.
    • Onslaught type talisman now have 3 stat types
    • Bulwark and will talisman now have comparable stat numbers

Additionally, you will start to see the Newborn of Light advertised on the loading screens - this advertisement is slightly premature - this character (and his sibling, the Golden Son) will begin dropping from the Book of Souls as soon as our new game client goes live.

Furthermore, some of you have noticed that we have capped maximum stamina at 80. This is part one of a two part bug fix. The second part is that we will be capping player Rank at 50 in a future update. It was a bug in the game that allowed players to proceed ranking up beyond level 50 in the first place. To be completely honest with you, though, I had planned for this change to be implemented with our next update, or I would have communicated this to you in advance.

Otherwise, this server update was a little bumpy on our end, so we are on the lookout for newly introduced bugs. If you do find some, please let us know. I've created a bug report thread in the bugs forum for you to collect them.

Cheers,
    -M

Edit - One More Thing...

This server update does not fix the major progression or blocker bugs that you have been seeing over the past couple of weeks. Those ought to be fixed in the forthcoming game client update.

Mummy Eddie late game HP and SP scaling increased

Thank you!

OS
    Android
    While Most tweaks are positive (and thank you for those)-- the level cap/nerf is not is not going to be one of those with the current drop system being broken on the later Madness levels.
    Could you leave that one out until the drops are re-balanced and said change receives mostly positive feedback for a week?
    The stamina recharge that comes with ranking up is one of the big reasons why I've gotten so far despite the brick wall that is the 3* to 4* level up and the gorge that has to be crossed to do the same for the 4* to 5* level up.
    Auto-grinding 13, 14, 15, 16 times in a row hitting the xp limit and repeating the grind before letting the clock recharge the meter is only way I have scored enough 3* evo shards to upgrade even two of my characters to 5*.
    Hilariously enough, they are the one character I never used before then (Soldier Eddie) and the support/healer/tank character (the green Allied Soldier).
    Last edited by Jessiah; 08-10-2016 at 05:49 AM.

OS
    iOS
    Hello Matt,

Thanks for given us the details, I have no issue with most of the chances but what irks me is the proposed level cap. Why cap this at all? I can live with the 80 cap on sands but player rank is all that seems to be left when it comes to a sense of achievement, I don't see why this should even be capped at lvl 100, it sets standards amongst competitive players and reaching a new level has its perks for everyone as in, its a free refills of sands, so why not change and lower the exp earned on player rank per map/battle?

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt_LOTB View Post
    • Tuned the drop rates of items in the main campaign to have more emphasis on Rune drops.
    Can you confirm that 3* evo shards do not drop anywhere anymore?

Click on Drop menu, no more 3 star
    Beeboo-9833 Level 98

OS
    iOS
    it only ever showed 3* in the main world drop info, as soon as you went into a map and hit drop info it only stated 2*, but so far since to last update im getting far less drops of everything, just as well i have a stack of 3* evo shards, this chance has been set up for the new time rift release, so i guess no more 3* drops or maybe theyve changed the drop rates to a ridiculous amount
    Dutch-2701

5* Lvl 100 Champions all maxed talismans (If on my trooper list, let me know if you need me to change my current Champ)

* Grim Reaper (Champ)
    * FOTD
    * Carriage Rider
    * Warrior Troll
    * Warrior COTD
    * The Nomad

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    Hello Matt,

Thanks for given us the details, I have no issue with most of the chances but what irks me is the proposed level cap. Why cap this at all? I can live with the 80 cap on sands but player rank is all that seems to be left when it comes to a sense of achievement, I don't see why this should even be capped at lvl 100, it sets standards amongst competitive players and reaching a new level has its perks for everyone as in, its a free refills of sands, so why not change and lower the exp earned on player rank per map/battle?

Caps are usually implemented to keep endgame content challenging and interesting to players, instead of turning it into a quick farm. It also ensures that players don't just rush through new content, which will be balanced around that cap and an eventual increase in cap.

All in all, this update look a bit like the monetization managers' forecast for MTX sales was a bit below target. "Make them buy more booster packs!" - because boosting a single class for the cost of a full price PC game is so massively enthusing... At least according to player reports on 3* drops, that's where we are right now. This will hopefully change a bit with the time rift dungeons, but they probably have their own purchase incentives...
    Last edited by Mendo; 08-10-2016 at 07:41 AM. Reason: Quote was missing

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendo View Post
    Caps are usually implemented to keep endgame content challenging and interesting to players, instead of turning it into a quick farm. It also ensures that players don't just rush through new content, which will be balanced around that cap and an eventual increase in cap.

All in all, this update look a bit like the monetization managers' forecast for MTX sales was a bit below target. "Make them buy more booster packs!" - because boosting a single class for the cost of a full price PC game is so massively enthusing... At least according to player reports on 3* drops, that's where we are right now. This will hopefully change a bit with the time rift dungeons, but they probably have their own purchase incentives...
    Yes, like i said, i dont have an issue with the 80 cap at all, even if i lost 15 sands because of it, thats 3 runs so hardly makes a difference, i have an issue with the player level being capped at lvl 50, it kind of brings the game to a halt for me, as atm im just farming which is kind of boring and all im looking forward to is levelling up, it keeps the game interesting
    Dutch-2701

5* Lvl 100 Champions all maxed talismans (If on my trooper list, let me know if you need me to change my current Champ)

* Grim Reaper (Champ)
    * FOTD
    * Carriage Rider
    * Warrior Troll
    * Warrior COTD
    * The Nomad

You are releasing content, you are doing rebalances to characters and skills and ofc all these past weeks you offering stuff and events like 2x gold, various bundles in discount and etc while a LOT of people getting locked outisde of the game with their accounts. I believe your no1 priority should be to release the new client and bring back all these accounts. And start from there, but nope you just release other stuff and upgrades which cause even more people to having their accounts bugged and lost (just check the new entries in fb loop thread and in various threads around teh forumz)... Sorry to say this but It feels like WE ARE TESTING this game now and it only fortifies my thoughts that this game wasn't ready to be released. On the other hand, great balance changes as most people say because i cant play for the last 13 days :P ETA for the new client ?
    Atheist-5225
    Daily Player - Using all my troopers.... Sharing a powerful Nomad! and more.... but my Nomad is the best!
    Add me now!!!! (....if you want.... :P )