Page 12 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by BillLion View Post
    2. Just communicate even if you don't know much -it means more than you know
    This... A simple "We are working on it" makes wonders and takes 30 seconds tops.

LOTB Producer
    Ok, everyone. Here's where we've landed.

Something is wrong. (duh). We haven't yet been able to diagnose the underlying cause, but we know that something that went out in the Android client we released yesterday is causing our sever connections to overflow, and that's causing our servers to reject new connections (which is why you end up seeing server connection failures). Because our servers are shared between the iOS and Android versions of the game, users on iOS are being refused connections too, even though they don't yet have the new client update. We've pursued several leads over the course of the day today, each time thinking we had nailed down the source of the problem, but everything so far has turned out to be a dead end. For whatever reason, our load testing QA pass didn't reveal this issue - we suspect that our testing ran just below a threshold at which this issue occurs, and so it wasn't exposed until a substantial number of real users were pushed into the app.

Our plan had been to launch the iOS client update today, but it is very likely that doing so will make this problem even worse across the board, so obviously that's not an option at this time.

We have got a band-aid fix in place on our end which should keep the game alive and mostly playable over the weekend, but you may see sporadic disconnections and server errors though this period. We have also made some changes to how our automatic error reporting is working so that we better identify the code that is causing the problem. With luck, we'll find a clear answer over the weekend and can move ahead with repairing the problem.

Sorry I haven't got better news.

Thanks for your patience,
    -M

OS
    iOS
    thank you for the update Matt. hopefully this is resolved soon. maybe the metal gods are telling us to go out over the weekend and get some drinks ..

OS
    Android
    Thanks for the heads up!

OS
    iOS
    Ditto -we appreciate the communication. Hope you nail it soon!

Hi everybody, idk if the issue that the devs are working are affecting me but when i enter to a fight most of times the game closes suddently, only 1 of 6 or 7 times i can play only one battle after if i want continue to other fight again the game closes, this star to happpend to me after download and install the update of the game, i was playing "normally and fine", i also made a post in bug section because i looked and i think that i am the only one who has this problem, waiting for a fix i dont want miss the new content but for me the game now is unplayable.

OS
    Android
    Mine is working as it should be yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Yeah, I know that you're gonna scratch me, maim me and maul.
    You know I'm helpless from your mesmerizing cat call.

Keep your distance, walk away, don't take his bait.
    Don't you stray, don't fade away.
    Watch your step, he's out to get you, come what may.
    Don't you stray, from the narrow way.
    Go ahead and use my Eddie in any way.
    Add BobASmith-6226 if you want to play him.

OS
    iOS
    Hello saw that the Apple update was pushed back any idea when it might go live for us? Also wanted to thank the devs for all the hard work on trying to get the game stable again.

Eagleknight
    iOS
    Lvl 82

LOTB Producer
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagleknight View Post
    Hello saw that the Apple update was pushed back any idea when it might go live for us? Also wanted to thank the devs for all the hard work on trying to get the game stable again.

Eagleknight
    iOS
    Lvl 82
    Once we firmly understand the source of the problem, and have resolved it sufficiently to confidently release the iOS version without causing further problems. Monday (Pacific time) at the earliest.

-M

OS
    Android
    It's like 5 steps foward, three back, right on to a rake only to take two steps forward into a second one. *The Dev team by now probably feels like Sideshow Bob* The update fixes many of game-breaking bugs-- (the infinite reflect/miss bug, for one) only to insert some additional errata and made some of the ones that still persist worse.

It's an improvement, but the problems it introduced/made-worse are obnoxious. Load times have at a minimum increased by three times.
    Some levels are locked-- Like Road to Ruin and the other two levels on that node in Underworld Normal and some difficulties are actually locked on previous worlds (The workaround for this glitch to replay any levels whose completion data got hosed).
    The inventory error/ fail to save glitch has actually been made worse. I'm keeping my runes and shards at 40 and below to avoid it.

Thanks Matt_LOTB for the updates of the cause (The android update creating a server FUBAR Convention--
    thank goodness the iOS update didn't drop at the same time.) and the ETA for the new content being unlocked.

Is is possible for the dev team to insert some dedicated evo shard drops and bonus gold into the 3-Star unlock (Secret) levels until this is fixed and time rift dungeon goes live?