Page 22 of 33 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
    OS
    iOS
    I guess. Just thought there would be some kind of update by now.

LOTB Producer
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagleknight View Post
    I guess. Just thought there would be some kind of update by now.
    Ask and ye shall receive.

The Time Rift isn't opening today. WE did one final localised playtest of the dungeons this morning as we were getting ready to turn them on, and encountered a serious ability interaction bug that would lead to a hang in the warrior dungeon when players use certain specific, but fairly common party compositions.

To properly fix this will require us to push a new client, however the affected dungeon won't become active again until Tuesday of next week, so we have a day or two. If we can't push that hotfix in time, we have a temporary fix we may be able to push with a server in the mean time.

Other than that, we think the dungeons are probably ok to go, but given the last minute appearance of a blocker bug this morning, we want to take an additional day to test through all the other dungeons, and make absolutely certain there's nothing else hiding in the wings. The team will get back together in the morning to make the call on the roll out plan. I know that the wait is a pain, but we'd rather do our due diligence on this than take the risk of something hidden cropping up again.

I have talked to the design team about adding evolution shards back in to the loot tables for the campaign in the intervening time, but unfortunately, the changes needed would require a couple of days testing to be confident in, and that's really no better than the wait it will take to get Time rifts off the ground.

Please bear with us a little longer, we'll get them open as soon as we can.

-M
    Last edited by Matt_LOTB; 08-17-2016 at 12:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt_LOTB View Post
    Ask and ye shall receive.

The Time Rift isn't opening today. WE did one final localised playtest of the dungeons this morning as we were getting ready to turn them on, and encountered a serious ability interaction bug that would lead to a hang in the warrior dungeon when players use certain specific, but fairly common party compositions.

To properly fix this will require us to push a new client, however the affected dungeon won't become active again until Tuesday of next week, so we have a day or two. If we can't push that hotfix in time, we have a temporary fix we may be able to push with a server in the mean time.

Other than that, we think the dungeons are probably ok to go, but given the last minute appearance of a blocker bug this morning, we want to take an additional day to test through all the other dungeons, and make absolutely certain there's nothing else hiding in the wings. The team will get back together in the morning to make the call on the roll out plan. I know that the wait is a pain, but we'd rather do our due diligence on this than take the risk of something hidden cropping up again.

I have talked to the design team about adding evolution shards back in to the loot tables for the campaign in the intervening time, but unfortunately, the changes needed would require a couple of days testing to be confident in, and that's really no better than the wait it will take to get Time rifts off the ground.

Please bear with us a little longer, we'll get them open as soon as we can.

-M
    thanks Matt, i know it suckjs for yall and us to have to wait but i do appreciate yall wanting to make sure things go smoothly as possible.
    ShadowRising-6281

OS
    Android
    No comments about all the people unable to log in and possibly loosing their accounts????

Edit: Here's a crazy thought... Can't you go back to a previous build? From my experience in this game so far, Time Rifts won't happen any time soon.
    And I guess that the "ability interaction bug" has something to do with Reflect Shield (wild guess), if this is the case, this has been happening since day 1!!!!
    Last edited by Gonzo; 08-17-2016 at 01:02 AM.

Will the dungeons include Evo runes as well? Just wondering as the drop rate now for 3 stars is abysmal.

Take your time, if you fail in this patch is almost game over for your team on this project so I can understand the need to be sure everything will go nice and smooth.
    QED-6465 (Daily player, I rotate my shared characters).

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    No comments about all the people unable to log in and possibly loosing their accounts????
    i agree .. what about us who cant even start the game ? nothing is being done there ???

OS
    iOS
    Thanks for the update Matt. The wait is easier when we know what's happening.

LOTB Producer
    Quote Originally Posted by maxdeviations View Post
    i agree .. what about us who cant even start the game ? nothing is being done there ???
    We are aware of the problems and are working to fix them. I haven't got anything more to report on it.

I realize that being shut out of the game by these bugs is frustrating - let me assure you that there is no one more frustrated by them than me. Generally speaking, if an issue is fundamentally negatively impacting the functional health of the game, you can assume that it is top of mind for the development team. We want you to be playing it and enjoying yourself problem free.

-M

Quote Originally Posted by Vaseodin View Post
    Will the dungeons include Evo runes as well? Just wondering as the drop rate now for 3 stars is abysmal.
    I certainly hope so. Can't upgrade characters or talismans at the moment. No point in playing other than trooper points.