Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    OS
    Android
    You got a point. Game going stall > forum negativity > bad image > less new players > game goes stall.

It's a bit too simplistic, misses some factors, but you get the idea.

More importantly: The easier one aspect affects the next, the faster it goes down the spiral.

Hence we, the vocal minority, have some responsibilities in this. This is not to say we should excuse everything but I, for one, adjusted my "negativity" slider way lower than I usual have it. Part of the reason being Iron Maiden, another being I don't believe NF to be solely made of money hungry marketers.

Regarding BNW and NC, I'm no NF staff but I can assure you they are being worked on. They said first half of 2017 last time they gave an ETA and are late, but it's coming.
    While searching the forum extensively for minor stuff that are being worked on, I came across several references to those new areas.

Regarding current event, I'm not a fan of this type and I'm glad they not holding one for a toon everyone would use (diversity).
    RETIRED - Lulero-2041 - Cyborg Ed.
    "Time you enjoy wasting isn't wasted time" - B. Russel

Toons I maxed after Cyborg, chronologically ordered:
    Allied Bomber Boy, Pyro Soldier, Corrupt Rescuer, The Nomad, Wrath
    Run to the Hill Ed., Grim Reaper Ed., Angel of Fear, Soulless Demon
    Desert Marauder, Undead Rescuer, Pharaoh Dog, Death Dog
    Corrupt General

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by slauki View Post

and oh well, at least two guys from the list are still there tom and me...that makes us big mofos i guess
    Yep, you two and eagleknight's been around casually. Haven't seen him on the forums though. Magus cotd is one of the coolest looking characters, but sadly pretty useless. Maybe this time we'll get a buff after the event instead. There's some positivity for the forum.
    MrFreeze-6530

Quote Originally Posted by JJJ428 View Post
    We shouldn't rag on every event like this. We have to remember there are a lot of casual players as well and some of these "lesser" events help them too. We have had something every week for awhile now not every event can be an Oh my god block buster event. We all know immortal soul event was great and I think the anniversary week was great too. We can't have mega events every week or some players won't have the resources to partake in them and then people would bitch about that too. If the event isn't for you don't participate in it, its as simple as that.
    I tend to agree with this. We've had an event for the past 3-4 weeks now which is better than 3-4 weeks with no new content & radio silence which we encountered frequently in the early months of the game. The fact that new content (BNW, Night City, whatever else) is not here means it's either not done or there's some sort of different timeline for releasing it, both issues in their own right considering how long the community has been waiting for new meaty PvE content, but having only one half of the story, we can only speculate.

I think it's disappointing to those of us who look forward to each new week with hope that we'll have exciting new content, but I would rather have some event going on than nothing. I think some sort of daily dungeon with rotating enemies & rotating challenges could help keep things fresh in the meantime, but the simple fact is that hardcore players are going to devour any content created faster than they can make it.
    Last edited by Coletrain; 07-16-2017 at 04:24 PM.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Coletrain View Post
    I think it's disappointing to those of us who look forward to each new week with hope that we'll have exciting new content, but I would rather have some event going on than nothing. I think some sort of daily dungeon with rotating enemies & rotating challenges could help keep things fresh in the meantime, but the simple fact is that hardcore players are going to devour any content created faster than they can make it.
    What if they made it so players could create content? Was thinking about something like that earlier today. Something like a turf game mode with its own currency. You get to pick the stage, the sound track, the toons. You get more of the related currency raiding others' turf, you spend it unlocking more options. Including (limited) modifiers to turn bad toons into bosses. Fun being the focus here, winning or losing shouldn't matter a lot. Since you wouldn't get much from doing this, a run should cost at most 3 SoT, be limited per day, and be a nice place to run troopers for cheap if only that.

How would NF profit from this? It would be an incentive to develop fun rather than good toons, throwing resources at them.

If I find the time to put together a few mockups I'll post that suggestion.

Sorry this was waaay out of topic
    RETIRED - Lulero-2041 - Cyborg Ed.
    "Time you enjoy wasting isn't wasted time" - B. Russel

Toons I maxed after Cyborg, chronologically ordered:
    Allied Bomber Boy, Pyro Soldier, Corrupt Rescuer, The Nomad, Wrath
    Run to the Hill Ed., Grim Reaper Ed., Angel of Fear, Soulless Demon
    Desert Marauder, Undead Rescuer, Pharaoh Dog, Death Dog
    Corrupt General

OS
    Android
    Would have been happy if it was the warrior or the assassin one.. still miss those two & they could be usefull in pve for new players..
    The magus one is pretty useless even with the last buff..
    Tridimension-1303

OS
    Android
    I agree it seems the wrong character to have an event for, I've sacrificed a few and the one I'm keeping has never seen anything other than the bullpen. Still plan to grab a couple for the pit.

I'm hoping that maybe next week brings something new. End of the tour event or new content? Part of their release schedule is tied to contractual obligations, so could be something in the works.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Coletrain View Post
    I tend to agree with this. We've had an event for the past 3-4 weeks now which is better than 3-4 weeks with no new content & radio silence which we encountered frequently in the early months of the game. The fact that new content (BNW, Night City, whatever else) is not here means it's either not done or there's some sort of different timeline for releasing it, both issues in their own right considering how long the community has been waiting for new meaty PvE content, but having only one half of the story, we can only speculate.

I'm sure the endgame players will blow through BNW pretty quick, but I want to farm it. Out of the roughly 100 maxed characters I have, I only have enough maxed talismans for about 15 of them. It's a never ending talisman rotation for me when trying out new characters. I'd be pretty content with BNW for a while if it means being able to level all the talismans I have sitting at lv1 in my inventory.

The events are, sorry to say it, but kinda sad. I've played a number of mobile games over the past five years, and I'm really not trying to be mean, but these are the weakest events I've seen in any of them. This game is miles ahead of some of those games I played in the past, but these events don't really compare. Where are the event maps? What about tower events where you can utilize your whole team. What about limited pvp arenas for specific rewards. How about introducing a new character for shard events like the one coming up. How much more excitement would it generate if it was a sentinel cotd up for grabs next week. A lot.
    MrFreeze-6530

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by MrFreeze View Post
    I'm sure the endgame players will blow through BNW pretty quick, but I want to farm it. Out of the roughly 100 maxed characters I have, I only have enough maxed talismans for about 15 of them. It's a never ending talisman rotation for me when trying out new characters. I'd be pretty content with BNW for a while if it means being able to level all the talismans I have sitting at lv1 in my inventory.

The events are, sorry to say it, but kinda sad. I've played a number of mobile games over the past five years, and I'm really not trying to be mean, but these are the weakest events I've seen in any of them. This game is miles ahead of some of those games I played in the past, but these events don't really compare. Where are the event maps? What about tower events where you can utilize your whole team. What about limited pvp arenas for specific rewards. How about introducing a new character for shard events like the one coming up. How much more excitement would it generate if it was a sentinel cotd up for grabs next week. A lot.
    With the new missions they did introduce the gunner pharaoh dog with fragments. I'd rather they put their resources towards BNW if that's what's next. Keep your fingers crossed that'll be end of tour event.

OS
    iOS
    I've got a bad feeling about this.....

This event would explain how I got my first one last week and the 3 POS dupes as well. Matter of fact #2 & 3 were back to back drops of it. With the way this rng is going I totally expect it to drop me a unicorn before any useful toons!! LOL
    ​Sunlight, falling on your steel,
    Death in life is your ideal,
    Life is like a wheel

BG840-9659

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Lulero View Post
    You got a point. Game going stall > forum negativity > bad image > less new players > game goes

Hence we, the vocal minority, have some responsibilities in this. This is not to say we should excuse everything but I, for one, adjusted my "negativity" slider way lower than I usual have it. Part of the reason being Iron Maiden, another being I don't believe NF to be solely made of money hungry marketers.

Regarding BNW and NC, I'm no NF staff but I can assure you they are being worked on. They said first half of 2017 last time they gave an ETA and are late, but it's coming.
    While searching the forum extensively for minor stuff that are being worked on, I came across several references to those new areas.

Regarding current event, I'm not a fan of this type and I'm glad they not holding one for a toon everyone would use (diversity).
    I've been on on here long enough at this point to remember we had a vocal majority at one point that did speak up, hell the community as a whole were almost screaming, yet the dev team chose not to listen. That has gotten us here along with the revolving door of long time players walking away because this is the very state they warned would happen. I really hate to say and didn't think I would see this game push me to the point of ever thinking about quitting. Even though I don't really have the toons to compete in pvp like I did I do it with what ive got. I have noticed past 3 weeks ive been able to hover where I used to, so incentive there, but i do not get the rewards that i should due to being unable to achieve rank. It just really saddens me that for the effort the devs put into "new" content every week it only draws out further all the rest of the broken things. Basic things that should have been fixed long ago, that is my idea of game improvement not constant change to toon abilities. I guess when you have to relearn how to play according what abilities are nerfed/buffed in updates could be lumped into new content category (sarcastically typed). Well off my soapbox for now to go grind this useless blue thing up in case a buff comes along. Peace
    Last edited by BG840; 07-16-2017 at 07:03 PM.
    ​Sunlight, falling on your steel,
    Death in life is your ideal,
    Life is like a wheel

BG840-9659