Poor evolution rune drop rate since update?

Is it just me or is the drop rate for evolution runes worse since the update? I've been farming underworld madness and it seems like the drop rate for 3* evolution runes, especially the rainbow ones, has decreased. In fact I haven't received a single rainbow 3* rune since the update. This seems a little strange considering the devs stated the update changed the drop rate to focus on runes since evolution shards will be dropping in the dungeons now.

OS
    Android
    Yes. I've also noticed this. Devs said that drop rates would be more "rune oriented" although the rate seems to be a lot lower than before.

I haven't seen any real issues here...only thing I notice is the utter lack of shards. Which makes sense with the upcoming dungeon. Though removing the shards this far in advance of the dungeon kind of sucks.

This is unfortunate considering most of a character's power comes from upgrading runes. At this rate it will take over a week of farming to upgrade a single talisman to 5*, and that's only if I start getting 3* rainbow runes. And rainbow runes should be more common than other colors since you need them to upgrade all talismans. I guess I'll be ok since I've already upgraded so many talismans, but this may turn away a lot of new players that will get frustrated. Having a 5* character doesn't matter if you only have 3* talismans. Trystangst, have you had a decent amount of 3* rainbow runes drop since the update? You need 9 to upgrade a single talisman to 5*, not to mention another 6 3* runes of a specific color. If the drop rate remains this low the game will require even more grinding than before, even with the dungeons.
    Last edited by Kraznoff; 08-11-2016 at 10:06 PM.

I honestly haven't been paying close attention.

I'm sitting on over 100 1* and 2* rainbows, as well as 26 3* rainbow.

I'll keep a count as I run thru my Troopers in a few hours and see.

So in 20 runs tonight of Underworld Madness, I got:
    70,570 gold
    10 Sands of Time
    4 Ironite
    9 2* Souls
    6 4* purple exp runes
    3 4* green exp runes
    3 3* purple exp shards
    3 3* blue exp shards
    3 3* green exp shards
    3 3* red exp shards
    2 3* green evo runes
    2 3* purple evo runes
    1 3* blue evo rune
    1 3* orange evo rune
    2 3* rainbow evo runes
    2 2* orange evo runes
    4 2* red evo runes
    1 2* Paralysis Talisman (Overwhelming)
    1 2* Ascension Talisman (Ward)
    6 1* purple evo runes
    3 1* orange evo runes
    6 1* Resistance Talismans (Shield)
    2 1* Warp Talismans (Bulwark)
    1 1* Warp Talisman (Onslaught)

I also got another 5 3* Rainbow evo runes while grinding Troopers this evening in about 50 Sands of Underworld Madness.

even before i can't seem to find any to get my 3 star chars past 3

never mind post was about talismans, but still ugh

Thanks for the info Trystangst! Definitely looks like drops are worse. Before I could get enough resources to at least upgrade 1 talisman to level 5 in a day of farming, now it seems like it'll take 3-4 days. Hopefully we can get 3 star evolution runes from the dungeons.

My latest experience since patch is lack of 2* rainbow evo runes dropping. I have done countless runs on all maps @ hard/madness and have maybe gotten four in the last 4 days of grinding. Lots of 1*/3* though. I've had matches where a 1* + 3* have even dropped but next to no 2*. I have all these damn talismans that req evolving but can't, due to what i'm finding as this near non existent drop rate. Anyone else having same experience??