Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Deserving of a 4.6 out of 5 rating?

I'll admit, early on I gave this game a 5-star rating on the Play Store because I liked the concept, the gameplay and the graphics style.

I just re-rated it, giving it 1 star, why?

Let's face it. The latest app updates have contained bugs, some annoying, some frustrating and some even game-breaking, that easily would have been spotted by a team of professionals, by a team that cares.

I am a software developer myself and I daily make use of tools that automate testing so that I with a click of a button can run dozens or hundreds of tests to make sure that my recent code changes haven't negatively impacted the project. And when all those tests show "green" I still need to actually use the software to fill in forms, click buttons and whatever else I need to do in order to make sure behaviour is according to specs.

And as a developer I also know that any non-trivial software project will contain bugs no matter how hard you try to find and extinguish them. But if you use the testing tools that are part of a programmers toolkit those bugs will, hopefully, be of a more "exotic" nature and not of the "developers-didn't-bother-running-the-app" nature. I can't see that Roadhouse Games invested professionalism or care into this project.

So, is "Maiden: Legacy of the Beast" a near-perfect game as a 4.6 rating would suggest? I don't think so. Not currently. It's current rating is unfair and does not reflect the the quality of the app. I urge you to give the game a proper re-evaluation and give the game the rating you feel it deserves (whatever that might be).

Link to Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ousegames.lotb
    Link to iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/se/app/iron...098307964?mt=8

PS.
    I hope that in the coming weeks and months the game gets all the love it needs to be a stable, fun experience.
    DS.

OS
    Android
    Same here downgraded to 1 star until it is playable, stable and the bugs are worked out. I understand that bugs will occur with new apps and there are always growing pains but the current downward spiral is not encouraging to say the least.
    “Seven deadly sins, seven ways to win, seven holy paths to hell, and your trip begins..."

OS
    Android
    I dunno; I think if they'd known that this update was going to break the app for so many they would not have released it. Yes, you're right, there could have been more testing, but given the variety of devices and platforms this game runs on...
    It's been less than 24 hours since the update; I'm going to hold fire on a 1* review for a couple of days.

most new apps will be glitchy on all devices except the high end current gen ones.

OS
    Android
    Choose 100 players, beta test.

They clearly don't test and don't play their game.
    It's not about how much time you need to solve some problems but why you release an app that is broken. Test it before the release, this game shouldn't be released at this state of development. This is worse than an alfa.
    They decided instead to launch it and make the customers being the testers. This can be understood for hidden minor problems but here you can't even start the app. Can't the devs try to start the app they're publishing before the publication? Too hard i guess. A well deserved one star rating.
    QED-6465 (Daily player, I rotate my shared characters).

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    Well, yes. But clearly they didn't. Or if they did then the variety of platforms and devices was not remotely covered. But I suspect they are learning this lesson now; the people on this forum are a tiny fraction of actual players, and there's going to be a LOT of angry people out there if we are in any way representative...

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    Yes, three months ago.
    QED-6465 (Daily player, I rotate my shared characters).

And how many players are going to go back and re-rate it when it gets fixed? They won't, because they either quit or are too busy playing. So the ratings are skewed either way. It's why I don't pay attention to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennie-5128 View Post
    Well, yes. But clearly they didn't. Or if they did then the variety of platforms and devices was not remotely covered. But I suspect they are learning this lesson now; the people on this forum are a tiny fraction of actual players, and there's going to be a LOT of angry people out there if we are in any way representative...
    This is my fear. If people on the forums are overwhelmingly frustrated and many have quit the game already, how many casual players just quit without saying anything? My guess is a whole bunch. The longer this goes on, the more people they will lose. And the way games work, once a person leaves a game they are usually gone for good. Losing players due to stale content would be one thing and happens to every game. Losing players in droves on your first month of release due to bugs? Well, that's quickly becoming a requiem.