Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by bort View Post
    That logic doesn't hold - there are tiers where double the minimum puts it over or close to over the top end requirement.

I'd guess that under 50% is one reward, under ~66% is two, and over 66% is three. Thats *if* its function based and not a hard coded value. If my guess is correct, the amount you'd need for two rewards on a tier VI sacrifice would be >35k. I can already hit 31k, so I should be able to confirm this by friday.
    Well good luck with that. Trying to save you some grief. Your missing the fact that I did a tier 6 sacrifice with over 40,000 essence and got one reward of 15 rare g/a souls. If you're lucky you'll get that or the 50 rare souls, if not then you get 2 skill shards for the effort.

Not sure why you think that the numbers work that way. Try it on tier one. 100 essence gets you one reward, break 200 and you get 2 rewards, break 300 and you get 3, break 400 and you get 4, at 500 you hit tier 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Askora View Post
    Well good luck with that. Trying to save you some grief. Your missing the fact that I did a tier 6 sacrifice with over 40,000 essence and got one reward of 15 rare g/a souls. If you're lucky you'll get that or the 50 rare souls, if not then you get 2 skill shards for the effort.
    Yes, I am missing information that I did not have.

Quote Originally Posted by Askora View Post
    Not sure why you think that the numbers work that way. Try it on tier one. 100 essence gets you one reward, break 200 and you get 2 rewards, break 300 and you get 3, break 400 and you get 4, at 500 you hit tier 2.
    Well, when you start multiplying the bottom requirement and apply it to all tiers, it doesnt work.

Tripling tier 3 (2000-5999) puts you into tier 4 (6000-8999).
    Doubling tier 4 (6000-8999) puts you into tier 5 (9000-19999).
    Tripling tier 5 (9000-19999) puts you into tier 6 (20000-49999).
    Tripling tier 6 (20000-49999) puts you into tier 7 (50000+).

A function based approach makes more sense because it can be applied to all tiers equally without having to hardcode individual values. While 2x/3x is function based, it doesn't hold to all tiers, so it falls through.

Percentage based makes sense as well, and holds through the first two tiers (though so does 2x/3x).

The important thing is, however, that we'll never know unless we figure it out, since NF doesn't seem to want to make this information transparent.

Good news/bad news -

I tested >35k sacrifice and got one reward. I'm not interested in "I told you so"'s, because i'm going to keep repeating tests until I've verified all the tier rewards.

Side note of good news, it dropped 50 rare souls.

Drops include:

AoS
    Pharaoh Dog
    Wicker Man
    Magus CoTD x2
    Magus Corrupt Rescuer
    Mystic Eddie

With the slew of extra characters, I was able to test some more sacrifices. From what I can see there are one of two possibilities:

1) The tiers are hard-coded and the upper tiers do not give multiple rewards. It is possible that more essence will scale the *amount* that a particular award gives you
    2) When receiving your rewards, items that roll to the same value are combined in the same reward. The 2-reward 5k sacrifice I did gave two multi-rare soul rewards, and the 8k sacrifice I did gave 7 rare souls in a single reward.

If anyone could replicate my results that would provide encouragement.

I'd also like to hear the rewards for putting in the minimum amount in tiers 4+
    Last edited by bort; 07-26-2017 at 10:12 PM.

I've just verified that tier 3 will not give three rewards.

I've done sacrifices with 4k, 5k, and 5999 essence, each giving two rewards.

I don't believe that the rewards are stacking, as the 4k sacrifice gave me two rare souls in two separate badges.

EDIT:

I just did a 415 essence sacrifice and received 4 rewards. This so far holds true that multiplying the tier minimum multiplies the rewards.

It also means:

Tier 3 has a maximum of two rewards
    Tier 4 has a maximum of one reward
    Tier 5 has a maximum of two rewards
    Tier 6 has a maximum of two rewards

If this is true then there is no reason to put more than the minimum requirement per tier since you can repeat that sacrifice and get the same total number of rewards. I personally think that its a terrible rewards mechanism, because it does not reward additional essence values - anything over the minimum is essentially wasted.
    Last edited by bort; 07-30-2017 at 08:55 PM.

OS
    iOS
    Thanks for the info bort.

OS
    Android
    Name:  Screenshot_20170801-165422.png
Views: 199
Size:  1.68 MB

Reward was ONE (1!) Legendary soul, out of which came a 4* chicken.

Really sucks for a Tier VI sacrifice, really really!
    ̶T̶i̶c̶k̶l̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶O̶d̶i̶n̶ Baphing Bashomet in CaesarsLegion

Thx Leviathan for @ritchbe

OS
    iOS
    That really sucks man. Sorry. I'm sitting on a level 6 myself at the moment. Hesitant to do because of drops like this. Devs if you are reading, please make some adjustments to this?
    Last edited by T-Man; 08-02-2017 at 01:04 AM.