Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    OS
    iOS

Time to say goodbye

Hello my fellow Troopers and forum mates,
    Well, it has been a nice ride for nearly a year, but it is time to call it quits. I may return back, and possibly for a short while when BNW is released, but for now I need to focus back on my real life and stop playing this game so much.

While there are bugs and RNG crap luck for sure, that is not why I am leaving this game...wanted to be clear on that. I achieved Top 25 for the first time this past week and it was certainly not easy...major respect to all of you who achieve top 25 & 50 so regularly, much less Top 10 and Eternal (Gmac and Jofer are crazy beasts indeed). I am happy with what I have achieved and know that I cannot hope for anything higher without giving up my Saturday; that comes at the expense of my family, so I am not willing to do that.

I love the Band and do love this game despite the bugs, I just have got addicted to it (especially PvP) and need to rein it back. I played all my troopers everyday during the 2 weeks when I had gone on vacation, even though all of you good buddies were so gracious and kind to tell me not to worry about it. I just couldn't bring myself to let you guys down, and even if I do automate the trooper usage via emulators, it doesn't change the fact that I will end up spending the time gained on PvP.

So that being said, I want to thank each and every one of you who make this forum so much fun and such a tight-knit community of blood brothers in Iron Maiden. You guys rock and are one of the primary reasons that I have stayed so long and enjoyed my time here so much. Thank you also to a few of you who have been instrumental in helping me get high in the ranks...you know who you are. Lastly, thanks to all of my wonderful and loyal troopers...you are DA best I could have hoped for.

I will play today after the reset to get my Rare G/A soul, play all my troopers today and tomorrow, and then call it quits.

Cheers guys, it has been a blessing and an honor to get to know and become friends with so many of you .

Up the Irons! \m/

Godspeed,
    Ice

OS
    Android
    Totally understandable I hope the best for you and your return when new content is released.

OS
    Android
    Enjoy the time away! Hit me up if u return. 1 word 4 u...Transformers!
    Those that can...do
    Those that can't...teach
    Silentknight-4997, # of times laid since July/16...lots!!!
    Hahahaha, pathetic that some have to sell themselves as troopers

OS
    iOS
    While we aren't troopers, I see you here and in the Arena. The Arena has become a real chore to place in the top 25 even. Congrats on placing. I was 20 this week myself.

My best were 5, and 9. I played over 800 matches to place 9th and don't want to do that again. It took 500+ to place 5th, but that was when the arena was still a bit young and fresh.

It's much harder now. I took a break just playing free SoW for a while. Even the top 25 takes some hours of play on Saturday now. It can start to feel like a chore. Good events do help the motivation.

Anyway, best to you. Maybe we will see you again down the road.

OS
    Android
    Aw man, that's a shame. Sad to see you go IceManFerrar, but I always liked reading your posts on the forums. I wish you the best in life
    Soldier blue in the barren wastes
    Reflecting and shielding's a game
    Wrecking the Axis and wasting the dogs
    The only good demons are tame

Kardas-1158. Retired

OS
    iOS
    You've been a great asset to this community - I always enjoyed both your posts and your positive attitude.

Best of luck with everything and there will always be a Trooper spot open for you should you return!
    Nicko-0517

OS
    Android
    everything said dear iceman, enjoy your free time with your family and a really hope to see you back one day

best wishes man

don't be a mofo and join the mofos.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.

OS
    iOS
    Only wish you the best, good luck IceMan! Regards
    yojo-5182

OS
    Android
    Grats on your ranking but sad to see you go. But addictions are good to take care of. Hope you enjoy all the extra hours each day with family now
    Browno-3535
    Fully sharded Eddies:
    Aces High, Cyborg, Tailgunner, Navigator, Soldier, Pharaoh, Viking, FOTD, Vampire Hunter, Rainmaker, Eternity, Samurai, Shaman, Trooper, 7th son,Grim Reaper, Edward the great, Mystic, Carriage Rider, Run to the Hills, Mummy

OS
    Android
    Enjoy your time away man and let me know when you decide to come back. Keep in touch in real life metal brother.
    Chaosego888-9998