Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Holy Smokes!

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMurray View Post
    lol you got all those from 20 rare souls? I didn't even manage to take a 5* from 10 legendary ones.
    That bad design on supposingly rng is killing it.
    When the event started i opened 36 rare souls at once and got 35 3* and a pharaoh dog..
    Yeah, one drop, 20 rare souls at once. I really did start laughing when I saw it. Ridiculous.
    MrFreeze-6530

OS
    Android

5* Rare Soul

I pulled a Viking Eddie from a rare soul today. Is that normal? Have there been other instances? Is there such a thing as a "sweet spot" for dropping souls into the book in relation to time of day? Just wondering...
    kkkreg5-6767

_________| CLAN |_________

👹 The Mofo Cult 👹

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by kkkreg5 View Post
    I pulled a Viking Eddie from a rare soul today. Is that normal? Have there been other instances? Is there such a thing as a "sweet spot" for dropping souls into the book in relation to time of day? Just wondering...
    In my experience the book of souls is very streaky. It gets hot and cold.
    For example a few weeks ago I think I pulled a CG, Prisoner, Nomad, Desert Maurader, and a red troll over the course of around 4 days. Probably dropped 20 souls to get all those.
    Another example - this afternoon I saw the other side of rng. Dropped 10 rare souls, a rare magus soul, and 30 rare G/A souls. Not one set of red eyes, all 3 star dupes.

So I've learned to play the book like blackjack, bet big when the book is hot, and sit things out when it is cold. Needless to say I won't be dropping any souls for at least a week!
    Last edited by Ezz; 07-29-2017 at 01:26 AM.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezz View Post
    In my experience the book of souls is very streaky. It gets hot and cold.
    For example a few weeks ago I think I pulled a CG, Prisoner, Nomad, Desert Maurader, and a red troll over the course of around 4 days. Probably dropped 20 souls to get all those.
    Another example - this afternoon I saw the other side of rng. Dropped 10 rare souls, a rare magus soul, and 30 rare G/A souls. Not one set of red eyes, all 3 star dupes.

So I've learned to play the book like blackjack, bet big when the book is hot, and sit things out when it is cold. Needless to say I won't be dropping any souls for at least a week!
    You know what, I kind of noticed the same thing, I know it's supposed to be random, but certain days no matter how many souls of same or different types you drop on it you get only crap, almost no red eyes at all, other days you drop one or only a few and get more red eyes than usual, it even seems that certain character types are more likely to show at a certain timeframe and those keep repeating, so you get many dups of the same character , it's really weird in that way, I don't know if there is some algorithm or seed depending on daytime that influences, maybe it's just luck but it sure kinda feels like hot and cold as you say.
    Last edited by Blacksteel; 07-29-2017 at 05:18 AM.
    *Somewhere in time*
    Blacksteel-8432

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksteel View Post
    ...it even seems that certain character types are more likely to show at a certain timeframe and those keep repeating...
    100% on that, there is definitely a trend on specific chars being pulled within timeframes. My sons have accounts (so I compare between the 3) and 95% of the time we pull the same characters in the same timeframe. Obviously 'super rares' are not applicable here, but we all landed the green bat over the same couple days when previously not getting one for over 3 months. 3*Warrior Undead Axis Gunner was not to be found for months. Then he shows up once every 12 basic souls over a 2 month span. Now barely at all again.

I've also seen the hot and cold trend when opening, many times. I used to think the chars/souls were issued when you got the souls. There's now another theory that they are issued when you open - someone opened a Magus they had for weeks, and pulled a Mystic Eddie (when they couldn't have possibly pulled him had they opened the soul prior, because he wasn't in the game yet).

I think Ezz's "bet big when the book is hot" is an outstanding plan of attack. Good call guys.
    This is what not to do if your bird shits on you.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by kkkreg5 View Post
    This crazy pull was between 7-7:15 est (about 60-45mins before reset). I'd be amazed if that has anything to do with it though. I think I just got really lucky there.

I also think overall I've gotten more 5* from rare souls than legendary, but I never kept track so I might be wrong about that.

I posted this to show that something like this can actually happen, but the chances must be ridiculously low.
    MrFreeze-6530

OS
    Android
    MrFreeze did you put together that team of 3 CGs? I'd be curious to see it after this new buff for him comes out.
    This is what not to do if your bird shits on you.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Mariner-1212 View Post
    I used to think the chars/souls were issued when you got the souls. There's now another theory that they are issued when you open - someone opened a Magus they had for weeks, and pulled a Mystic Eddie (when they couldn't have possibly pulled him had they opened the soul prior, because he wasn't in the game yet)
    Yeah the devs stated back at the beginning of the game that it's determined when it hits the book of souls. There's been a lot of debating since but that info came from LotB Matt (roadhouse), so it's probably true.
    MrFreeze-6530

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Mariner-1212 View Post
    MrFreeze did you put together that team of 3 CGs? I'd be curious to see it after this new buff for him comes out.
    Theyre at 100. My original is sharded but not the other 2. I tried them against my own defense and it sucked. We'll see how they work after the update, but they may be going to the slaughter.
    MrFreeze-6530