Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    OS
    Android

Who to focus on?

I've popped a fair few soul crystals and I seem to have a good bunch of toons to choose from - what I'm wondering is:
    a) Who is Great, Good, and Trash so I know who I can safely sacrifice
    b) Who should I focus on to develop
    c) What team(s) would work well overall or for particular content

Eddies:
    5* - Pharaoh, Shaman
    4* - Carriage Rider, Soldier
    3* - Mummy, Run to the Hills, Wicker Man, Speed of Light

Other Souls
    5* - Allied General (S)
    4* - Rocket Dog (W), Allied Soldier (M), Golden Son (S), Harpy (S), Golden Son (M), Corrupt Rescuer (M), Hellhound (W)
    3* - Allied Soldier (S), Axis Soldier (M), Harpy (M), Newborn of Light (M), Golden Son (W), Allied Bomber Boy (G), Possessed Rockets (G), Undead Allied Soldier (G), Axis Soldier (A), Desert Rider (A), Undead Axis Gunner (A)

I'm planning to take up the Gunner Bomber Boy because a friend has a max 5* one who just does massive damage, but I'm a little unsure what to do with the rest of them - especially whether the other 3* are worth evolving; and I'm unsure on really making effective teams...

Thanks in advance.

OS
    Android
    for pve or pve?
    I play all troopers all days.

OS
    Android
    best priority for me:

-->pvp--> Pharaoh, Harpy (S), Corrupt Rescuer (M), Hellhound (W)
    -->pve --> Carriage Rider, Soldier
    I play all troopers all days.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by blade685 View Post
    for pve or pve?
    Ah - probably mostly PVE but would probably be interested in pushing Arena more in the near future

OS
    Android
    1)Pharaoh
    2)Sentinel Harpy
    3)Hellhound

Good for both pvp and pve
    Now I am cold but a ghost lives in my veins,
    Silent the terror that reigned-marbled in stone
    Shell of a man God preserved-a thousand ages
    But open the gates of my hell-I will strike from the grave.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by PantherusNZ View Post
    I've popped a fair few soul crystals and I seem to have a good bunch of toons to choose from - what I'm wondering is:
    a) Who is Great, Good, and Trash so I know who I can safely sacrifice
    b) Who should I focus on to develop
    c) What team(s) would work well overall or for particular content

Eddies:
    5* - Pharaoh, Shaman
    4* - Carriage Rider, Soldier
    3* - Mummy, Run to the Hills, Wicker Man, Speed of Light

Other Souls
    5* - Allied General (S)
    4* - Rocket Dog (W), Allied Soldier (M), Golden Son (S), Harpy (S), Golden Son (M), Corrupt Rescuer (M), Hellhound (W)
    3* - Allied Soldier (S), Axis Soldier (M), Harpy (M), Newborn of Light (M), Golden Son (W), Allied Bomber Boy (G), Possessed Rockets (G), Undead Allied Soldier (G), Axis Soldier (A), Desert Rider (A), Undead Axis Gunner (A)

I'm planning to take up the Gunner Bomber Boy because a friend has a max 5* one who just does massive damage, but I'm a little unsure what to do with the rest of them - especially whether the other 3* are worth evolving; and I'm unsure on really making effective teams...

Thanks in advance.
    First of all, sacrifice nothing but dupes. It's not worth it. On that note, Soldier and Wicker Man eddies are gotten through the story, as it is you can't get them back if you sacrifice them. I expect it will be fixed somehow, but probably not anytime soon.

Among what you drew, here are the ones I'd consider over the others:

Pharaoh - Great to have in your roster
    Hellhound (W) - A great toon to have on PvP offense, even unsharded, against teams without prisoners. Especially if they use Soulless Demon (S) or the like. Not that great PvE.
    Corrupt Rescuer (M) - Has been nerfed, but is still scary with good odds to steal beneficial effect and power move that is quite reliable at freezing.
    Harpy (S) - I don't use mine, but can be considered a PvP staple. Immune to about everything and able to silence.
    Allied General (S) - I believe you meant "Alliance", anyway I'm experimenting with him lately, sure is fun to build around and farm with. Not really good at PvP and probably not worth outside of places where you can have 3 allies (Lord of the Light).
    Possessed Rockets (G) - Who's the guy running this one in defence at the moment (I think Ovy but not sure)? A do-or-die defense setup, this morning I went first against it and lost before the end of my own turn haha. Looking at the skills is sure look like a good toon to farm PvE with as well.
    Last edited by Lulero; 07-25-2017 at 09:59 AM. Reason: PvE / PvP
    RETIRED - Lulero-2041 - Cyborg Ed.
    "Time you enjoy wasting isn't wasted time" - B. Russel

Toons I maxed after Cyborg, chronologically ordered:
    Allied Bomber Boy, Pyro Soldier, Corrupt Rescuer, The Nomad, Wrath
    Run to the Hill Ed., Grim Reaper Ed., Angel of Fear, Soulless Demon
    Desert Marauder, Undead Rescuer, Pharaoh Dog, Death Dog
    Corrupt General

OS
    Android
    What's so good about the Sentinel Harpy? I don't quite understand why she's considered so good?

OS
    Android
    If you aren't using effects like stun, freeze, silence on offense versus her (she'd be able to ignore those, save for the stun induced by explosive set), all is left is a (usually) strike equiped pure area damager (ignores void) able to silence. Still not bad!

That being said, again, I don't use mine either.

But she been in some eternal defense setup, or at least one that I can remember.
    RETIRED - Lulero-2041 - Cyborg Ed.
    "Time you enjoy wasting isn't wasted time" - B. Russel

Toons I maxed after Cyborg, chronologically ordered:
    Allied Bomber Boy, Pyro Soldier, Corrupt Rescuer, The Nomad, Wrath
    Run to the Hill Ed., Grim Reaper Ed., Angel of Fear, Soulless Demon
    Desert Marauder, Undead Rescuer, Pharaoh Dog, Death Dog
    Corrupt General

OS
    Android
    So her value is primarily around her immunities, and then the ability to silence? Hmm...OK thanks for that.

Didn't really consider the rockets much - I used to use a 3* Warrior version and while they could do good damage, the timing of their attack was faster than most so I kept missing the Perfect, and they would die very quickly...

OS
    Android
    I'd go for Sentinel Harpy and Magus Corrupt Rescuer as well. Harpy hits for 1002 pts of TRUE damage maxed at level 100, there's not many toons that can claim that. Most sentinel toons aren't known for their hitting power but Harpy is an exception, can do quite a lot of damage to Magus toons especially. Only needs 4 skill shards to make it hit all the harder as well. As for MCR its power skill of freezing has gotten me out of near death situations several times over. Again it doesn't need many skill shards to maximise its effectiveness.
    "Handing out the oranges in JomsVikings"

thealchemist-3575.