Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by kkkreg5 View Post
    Lulero,

I think your idea of "one touch" badges to my Troopers is a solid one, but if I understand this correctly, when all (optimistically) my 50 Troopers press their "one touch" button wouldn't I get my 1250 badges for that day as well, theoretically? The devs wouldn't go for this because there is no SOT used. No refills to purchase.
    You'd be missing out on half your badges then. As stated in the part you quoted, you get nothing from pressing that button, only your the troopers on your list do.
    You still have to run your troopers for the other 1250 badges.
    Same as it is now, except that if you don't do the later (or only partially), you only limit yourself not some of the people on your list (in a mostly arbitrary way).

If 1250 isn't enough of an incentive, you can tweak the ratio a bit. "Send all" for 10 badges each, run for 40 each. 500 & 2000. But I believe it would work just fine with 1250 & 1250, as it is today.

I'm alright with "frustration" being a lever to encourage players spending ironite. However, with "guilt" I'm not, if you see what I mean. Not only from an ethical viewpoint, also from a business one as this kind of practice can easily tick some people off and have them quit.
    RETIRED - Lulero-2041 - Cyborg Ed.
    "Time you enjoy wasting isn't wasted time" - B. Russel

Toons I maxed after Cyborg, chronologically ordered:
    Allied Bomber Boy, Pyro Soldier, Corrupt Rescuer, The Nomad, Wrath
    Run to the Hill Ed., Grim Reaper Ed., Angel of Fear, Soulless Demon
    Desert Marauder, Undead Rescuer, Pharaoh Dog, Death Dog
    Corrupt General

OS
    Android
    Wouldn't it just be easier to take 2 troopers per mission, but only if you have finished the main campaign, on Madness with all 3 skulls on every quest. This way, players still doing the campaign do not get an unfair edge - they can use one trooper per mission like before, but those of us who have exausted the PvE content can make grinding through troopers a bit less of a chore.
    Ian-5547
    I used to play all my troopers every day
    All grind and no respite makes me sad
    One day, I may return

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Lulero View Post
    You'd be missing out on half your badges then. As stated in the part you quoted, you get nothing from pressing that button, only your the troopers on your list do.
    You still have to run your troopers for the other 1250 badges.
    Same as it is now, except that if you don't do the later (or only partially), you only limit yourself not some of the people on your list (in a mostly arbitrary way).

If 1250 isn't enough of an incentive, you can tweak the ratio a bit. "Send all" for 10 badges each, run for 40 each. 500 & 2000. But I believe it would work just fine with 1250 & 1250, as it is today.

I'm alright with "frustration" being a lever to encourage players spending ironite. However, with "guilt" I'm not, if you see what I mean. Not only from an ethical viewpoint, also from a business one as this kind of practice can easily tick some people off and have them quit.
    So basically some sort of "bank" that releases the badges to you after you play that particular Trooper. I wonder how much programming that would require...
    kkkreg5-6767

_________| CLAN |_________

👹 The Mofo Cult 👹

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Wouldn't it just be easier to take 2 troopers per mission, but only if you have finished the main campaign, on Madness with all 3 skulls on every quest. This way, players still doing the campaign do not get an unfair edge - they can use one trooper per mission like before, but those of us who have exausted the PvE content can make grinding through troopers a bit less of a chore.
    2 Troopers per mission is also a good idea.
    kkkreg5-6767

👹 The Mofo Cult 👹

OS
    Android
    Lots of good ideas here. I like the one-button send and play to acquire the best. I've gotten 3 or 4 errors during farming the past day or so - so some of my Troopers got screwed from that (not even sure who, but Rene you were one of them... sorry brother!). The one-button send eliminates that.

I also noticed from being on vacation that the errors happen most based on spotty wifi /mobile connection. Particularly if you were connected to wifi, and then leave during something... you're guaranteed an error at the end, and Troopers get screwed.

At minimum, I'd like the ability to 'try again' with a Trooper if you don't successfully get them their badges. Like a skull quest, if you don't complete it, you can play it again until you do. Same should go for Troopers.
    This is what not to do if your bird shits on you.

OS
    Android
    About the multiple troopers a run suggestion, it been suggested by Chaosego page 1 of this thread and in many others, too. According to Slauki, Sparton commented it was being investigated several months ago.

Anyhow, IMO it addresses a different issue tied to the trooper system: the time-consuming part. I detailed that part more in my answer to Chaosego page 1, please do read that if you want to keep discussing it.

Quote Originally Posted by kkkreg5 View Post
    So basically some sort of "bank" that releases the badges to you after you play that particular Trooper. I wonder how much programming that would require...
    What bank? I don't get it.

At the moment: You do 50 runs, each runs earns you 25 badges (out of thin air) and send 25 badges to each trooper you ran.
    What I'm suggesting: You press a "send all" button, all your troopers get 25 badges. You can do up to 50 runs to earn 25 more badges (out of thin air) for each.

Same amount of badges sent, received and created.

@Mariner: Glad you like the suggestion and seem to understand what I'm saying haha. My English not as good as I'd like to be ... Sorry for that.

EDIT: Edited OP with, I hope, a clear explanation of what I'm suggesting. Doesn't mean we can't discuss other issues to the trooper system and suggestions.
    Last edited by Lulero; 07-31-2017 at 03:52 PM.

Corrupt General

OS
    Android
    Lulero,

I'm not trying to be argumentative.

This is what I'm thinking... I'm not very imaginative I apologize ahead of time. So EVERYONE has a button they can click on to pass along 25 badges to each of their Troopers. If each of my 50 Troopers has the same button and clicks to send their 25 to me, theoretically, I wouldn't have to play my Troopers because my 25 badges from each would be waiting for me when I login. Thus, Troopers are not played at all. The burden falls on each of my Troopers to fulfill their obligation to me by reciprocating. Does that seem correct? Another suggestion was to select the number of Troopers you want to send badges to, but still, no Troopers are actually played.

The "bank" would come into use to force me or my Troopers to play the character in order to release the 25 badges when the character is used. This puts the burden back on me to play my Troopers to get my badges. If I wish not to play all 50, it's on me. No guilt because I am only hurting myself.

Again, not trying to be argumentative. One click for 1250 badges is the easiest and fastest.
    kkkreg5-6767

👹 The Mofo Cult 👹

OS
    Android
    @kkkregs5:

Yup I got that you weren't trying to argument, we just can't seem to understand what the other is saying. I'm still puzzled!

This is how it works at the moment: When you run a trooper, you send 25 badges to them, but you also earn 25 badges from thin air. A total of 50 badges per trooper, 25 sent/received and 25 created, 2500 total.

What I suggest is what you said, a button to send all badges in one click. If everyone click that button everyday, all get 1250 badges.

No buffer/bank, badges are sent straight away as it is the case already (or am I missing the point and you are suggesting that "bank" on top?).

But you still need to run your troopers to get the other 1250 badges (the created ones).

See the example I added to the opening post and the listed pros after it.
    Last edited by Lulero; 07-31-2017 at 05:50 PM.

Corrupt General

OS
    Android
    So... after re-reading your initial post, we are in agreement.

Basically what we would be doing is playing for our own 25 badges x50. 1250 sent with one click then you play your Troopers for what you want to receive. There is no need for storing or banking badges as I suggested because, again, you're playing for your own.

"I see" said the blind man...
    kkkreg5-6767

👹 The Mofo Cult 👹