Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Browno View Post
    I got place 222 and usually get in top 250 each week without any extra sow spent.
    I had a hold rate of 24% vs 32% the week before this. I do not believe it got worse from videos since nobody seem to encounter me here
    I did change def team however. I do not have gcr or wrath so a decent def is still managable without those toons.
    once you get in the range of ranks between 50 and 10 things will change a lot. defenses of even 50% and more are possible when you are at rank 500 with a good defense. but when you are in the topspots things will change a lot and your def will go down extremly fast.

i usually start with ridiculously high defense stats in the first 2 days because also lowranks can attack me. from midweek on it will get worse, when get too far ahead of the lowranks...on saturday i barely see a hold at all sometimes....

don't be a mofo and join the mofos.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Tridimensionale View Post
    Glad to see you are ok Askora!

Rank 98 here.. i barely played this week so thats good..
    Thanks Tridimensionale! I'm holding up, one more trip and hopefully back to 98%.

Quote Originally Posted by slauki View Post
    once you get in the range of ranks between 50 and 10 things will change a lot. defenses of even 50% and more are possible when you are at rank 500 with a good defense. but when you are in the topspots things will change a lot and your def will go down extremly fast.

i usually start with ridiculously high defense stats in the first 2 days because also lowranks can attack me. from midweek on it will get worse, when get too far ahead of the lowranks...on saturday i barely see a hold at all sometimes....
    I second that! Defense at the beginning and end of the week are entirely unrelated. Even at rank 100 it's a pretty big change in hold rates as your defense then gets attacked many times by higher ranked players.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Browno View Post
    I got place 222 and usually get in top 250 each week without any extra sow spent.
    I had a hold rate of 24% vs 32% the week before this. I do not believe it got worse from videos since nobody seem to encounter me here
    I did change def team however. I do not have gcr or wrath so a decent def is still managable without those toons.
    Yes a defense is manageable even if you don't have GCR, Prisoner or Wrath (Wrath to a lesser extent as most are kind of squishy, still dangerous), but is more difficult to be effective, also the higher you get on the ladder the more your defense is tested and hold rate gets affected as everyone and their dogs attack and revenges on your team.
    *Somewhere in time*
    Blacksteel-8432

OS
    Android
    Small tip to everyone- what I do to make sure I have accurate attack stats is to make a screenshot just before or after making my last attack for the week.

Anyway onto my stats:
    Tier: Warlord I
    Attack Wins: 199/213 (93%)
    Defense Wins: 32/189 (17%)

I am very pleased with this outcome. Making it all the way to Top 50 with only one Guard set, and only two Immunity sets! And without spending ironite on refills either! Though it helped that I Sacrificed a bunch of Common Soul stacks this weekend and ended up with 16 extra SoW. Which was nice, but I did that just before going to bed and had to stay up another hour to get through that stack. So that's a lesson for next time: don't Sacrifice before going to sleep!
    Still, it was a good week: I finally maxed my Wrath and set him on the defense, completed 1 Enduring and 3 Guard sets, and stumbled across some form of speed team that will probably lose relevance once the next update comes through.
    Regardless, top 50 is nice, and about where I'd want to be. I'd be very happy if I can continue reaching the top 50 with minimal investment. Even then, top 100 isn't so bad either.
    Soldier blue in the barren wastes
    Reflecting and shielding's a game
    Wrecking the Axis and wasting the dogs
    The only good demons are tame

Kardas-1158. Retired

OS
    iOS
    I finished 50th last week. I was playing for fun, but when I hit the 70's, I thought I may as well grind for the extra loot. My defense didn't hold after 100, and tbh, my win rate was probably my worst ever. Also, seems my ratio of attacks to defense was weird.
    Attacks 421
    Defense 298
    Generally they are at least 90%.

The videos are fun, and though some feel it hurts their defense, really, its just hard to hold above two hundred. I imagine most of us hold up there for one of two reasons- offense lost coin toss, or someone is messing about trying a new offense. I've started using my Shaman with explosives on offense, and it's fun, but... he isn't sharded, and it's no bueno sometimes to have used him.

Can't wait for new content. I only play the worlds now for my troopers. I love the arena, I'll never take the time to try for eternal probably, but I play it all the time because it's the best part of the game imo. I love seeing creative toon pairings that aren't just three sets of counter strikes.

Congrats on another win Gmac!

Cheers
    Eskiggalu

OS
    Android

I'm tired, taking a little break from Arena

Hi guys

Thanks everyone that congratulated me

Attacks: 700+ (did not take a pic this time)
    Defenses: 417

My defense drooped 5 basis points. Interesting enough, my offense dropped 1 base point too.

Best defense out there: Buttons gone missing. Man I hate when that happens, had a few this past week. (Jokes a part I'd say Kamuz and Lulero's are the best I faced this week)

Like Nicko pointed out, you need specific teams for special situations (in his example, my team). And It's hard when you are trying to clear lists fast, you need to make these changes rapidly. If we could have like favorite toons, so we could make changes faster, that would be great. It would be perfect if we had quick selection of teams, two or three pre selected squads.

It takes a lot going for Eternal. I slept very few hours from Friday to Saturday. After Arena closed I was a wreck, totally exhausted. I need a break, so I'm not going for Eternal this week.

Cheers
    gmac
    Last edited by gmac; 07-31-2017 at 07:15 PM.

OS
    Android
    Congrats on yet another Eternal, gmac!
    This is what not to do if your bird shits on you.

OS
    Android
    I can't remember my attack count.
    Defense was at 43/233 (19%), not bad considering I got 30 extra SoW early in the week from sacrifice and been facing nothing but the top.
    Ended 48th with no refills.

Congratulation Gmac! Also my greatest achievement ever in this game is probably your mention to my defensive lineup, much appreciated! I'll go enlarge it, print it, frame it and put it on display!

On a last note, if you never tried at least for top 10 seriously, it's hard to picture how stellar is Gmac repeated performance.

EDIT: Forgot a thing I wanted to add, DrivenByFate. He's been pointed as a possible invisible, I've seen him in both my attack and defense list, although not as much as some others, and his defense was very legit (and impressive given his level).
    Last edited by Lulero; 07-31-2017 at 05:51 PM.
    RETIRED - Lulero-2041 - Cyborg Ed.
    "Time you enjoy wasting isn't wasted time" - B. Russel

Toons I maxed after Cyborg, chronologically ordered:
    Allied Bomber Boy, Pyro Soldier, Corrupt Rescuer, The Nomad, Wrath
    Run to the Hill Ed., Grim Reaper Ed., Angel of Fear, Soulless Demon
    Desert Marauder, Undead Rescuer, Pharaoh Dog, Death Dog
    Corrupt General

OS
    Android

Who's the next Eternal?

First, gratz Gmac for the Eternal reign. If you really take a break this week, that's gonna open it up for a new champ to take the crown. Who's it gonna be?

Me? Hell no! I'm burnt from finishing in the Top 100 last week and currently sit ranked #1455...

Last Weeks Top 3 (If no Gmac)
    1. Kamuz
    2. Carlos
    3. Nicko

To early to tell this week but only about a 320 point difference between Eternal and Top 20.

Good luck with the run guys!
    If you're gonna die, die with your boots on
    mjmxiii-1619

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmxiii View Post
    First, gratz Gmac for the Eternal reign...
    Hey mjm!

Thank you for keeping this tradition alive, great job

And yes, I've made my mind, not going this week.

Cheers
    gmac