Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    OS
    Android

The Iron Maidens

Anyone hear the Iron Maidens yet?!?
    They're an all female tribute band, and do a hell of a job. Excellent musicians and the singer fuckin nails it! Would be great to see live. I think I want to be their groupie...
    https://youtu.be/XebvpPtebaI

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by 7son View Post
    Anyone hear the Iron Maidens yet?!?
    They're an all female tribute band, and do a hell of a job. Excellent musicians and the singer fuckin nails it! Would be great to see live. I think I want to be their groupie...
    https://youtu.be/XebvpPtebaI
    Yep, they are amazing musicians and performers & pretty good looking too
    Tridimension-1303

OS
    iOS
    So, I'm kind of a snob about covers. Especially if the original is in my top 20 songs or so. Wasted Years is in my top 5 all time songs. Checked them out, played Wasted Years by them. Expected to be pissed, lol. They were great. Superb musicians. Her voice was solid. Thank you for the recommendation!
    Eskiggalu-8063

OS
    Android
    Nita Strauss, now in Alice Cooper's band, came from the Maidens. She played Davey's parts. She's an awesome guitar player...
    kkkreg5-6767

_________| CLAN |_________

👹 The Mofo Cult 👹

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by kkkreg5 View Post
    Nita Strauss, now in Alice Cooper's band, came from the Maidens. She played Davey's parts. She's an awesome guitar player...
    Love her playing. Awesome indeed! Isn't John Petrucci's wife in the Maidens? Watched some videos some time ago and they are good.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Man View Post
    Love her playing. Awesome indeed! Isn't John Petrucci's wife in the Maidens? Watched some videos some time ago and they are good.
    Ooo, not sure about that one... she might be... or been.
    kkkreg5-6767

_________| CLAN |_________

👹 The Mofo Cult 👹

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Monte47 View Post
    So, I'm kind of a snob about covers. Especially if the original is in my top 20 songs or so. Wasted Years is in my top 5 all time songs. Checked them out, played Wasted Years by them. Expected to be pissed, lol. They were great. Superb musicians. Her voice was solid. Thank you for the recommendation!
    Yeah Monte I know what you mean about covers. Too many bands ruin great songs trying to leech off someone else's fame.
    I dont feel that at all with these ladies. They're just doing a heartfelt tribute with a cool twist. Some say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, or so I believe it in this case.
    A friend turned me on to them about 6 months ago, and blew me away. Was so cool hearing a chick belt out Bruce's vocal range. Figured what better place to showcase their badassness.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Man View Post
    You got me curious, so I did a little cross referencing.
    Petrucci's wife Rena Sands plays guitar for a Priest cover band aptly titled "Judas Priestess".
    Wow, I had no idea of all the feminized metal bands lol!!!
    I'll check em out later when I'm in the mood. I'm not a huge Priest fan, although I may or may not have hit the bong and blasted the Screaming for Vengeance album more than once as a teen

OS
    Android
    I had heard of the Iron Maidens but the only youtube video I had seen before was one from NAMM featuring one of the guitarists. Not normally into tribute bands or too many covers in a live setting because its usually a tough act to pull it off. But they do it and do it well. Do they have a mascot Edie (instead of Eddie) though? As Maiden don't tour OZ all that often I'd pay to see these ladies do a set of Maiden covers
    "Handing out the oranges in JomsVikings"

thealchemist-3575.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by 7son View Post
    Yeah Monte I know what you mean about covers. Too many bands ruin great songs trying to leech off someone else's fame.
    I dont feel that at all with these ladies. They're just doing a heartfelt tribute with a cool twist. Some say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, or so I believe it in this case.
    A friend turned me on to them about 6 months ago, and blew me away. Was so cool hearing a chick belt out Bruce's vocal range. Figured what better place to showcase their badassness.
    They were great. Would be interested in them with original material as well.
    Eskiggalu-8063