Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 104
  1. #11
    Senior Member Nicko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Chicago
    OS
    iOS
    Posts
    1,308
    Quote Originally Posted by slauki View Post
    you know i love needeling a bit it's not so broken like in early days for sure, but it's still kinda broken . pretty simple rule of common sense "if you cannot counter it, with all available tools it's broken".
    i never think it's the fault of the player if the system is wrong so it's a really smart setup which i like too. would i use a similar defense if i was able? hell yeah i would .
    all in all i don't expect too much of a difference after the BNW update aside the energy and the void shields. not sure if the explosives are on the radar of the devs, so i could imagine this team will still be very good for a long time. and it's really screwed, that such crucial talismans are only available for a few guys, at least this will come to an end soon.

    but now i predict this following circle:

    this setup will become more popular --> we will se more 2 wrath combos with similar setups --> it will kill the divesity of pvp and devide the players into "haves and not haves" and the complains will rise --->it might take some weeks or some months till devs realize this and then --> the inevitable nerf will come :P

    hope they will find a better way, but i would place a 10$ bet on this i like he 90% perfect hit idea and the selectable powermove idea too, but this might take a while, i'm afraid...
    Disagree . I've faced a couple 2-Wrath defenses; they often aren't difficult. I had to try many combinations this week before this current configuration - SSD, Clairvoyant, Nomad, Shaman Eddie, VHE...

    All of them were better than my last weeks dismal Hold percentage - which was below 20% - but it took the DM to give it some consistency (just as it did in my beta defense) - I don't think the difference maker is the second Wrath. When the energy talismans get adjusted I don't think you'll see 2 Wrath defenses unless combined with TWO toons who can feed him power (AG? Cyborg?) - and even then you're depending on the cards to fall in a very particular way.

    My win rate this week so far is 98% - if we all had that then by definition defensive Hold rates would be 2%. I haven't faced Kamuz once - because the cards so often fall the same way when I face him - Wrath goes first - steals energy and removes buffs - Nomad power move - no energy to heal and facing a Beelze with Strikes. I faced him two times last Saturday and when the cards DIDN'T fall that way it was a fairly straightforward win. When these Talismans get adjusted I won't sweat facing him at all. I would imagine right now his Hold percentage is better than mine - it's mechanics are no different but it can win going second (mine doesn't have a prayer if it doesn't go first).

    Our win rates will rise. Hold rates will fall. And people will gripe about not being able to Hold...
    Last edited by Nicko; 08-04-2017 at 02:14 PM.
    Nicko-0517

  2. #12
    Senior Member Nicko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Chicago
    OS
    iOS
    Posts
    1,308
    And to support my theory Slauki - I've see more DMs today than ever before...
    Nicko-0517

  3. #13
    Senior Member Bradata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    USA
    OS
    Android
    Posts
    420
    Glass cannon but if starts first it's just killing it! I had a few wins against it before but today it got me twice
    Good thinking, Nicko! I tried with 3 Wrath team and didn't like it and now I'm pissed that I sacrificed the 2 extra Wraths I had, not too long ago. I never thought of using the Marauder for this.
    No we're not in paradise
    This is who we are
    This is what we've got
    No, it's not our paradise
    But it's all we want
    And it's all that we're fighting for
    But it's not paradise

  4. #14
    Senior Member Nicko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Chicago
    OS
    iOS
    Posts
    1,308
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradata View Post
    Glass cannon but if starts first it's just killing it! I had a few wins against it before but today it got me twice
    Good thinking, Nicko! I tried with 3 Wrath team and didn't like it and now I'm pissed that I sacrificed the 2 extra Wraths I had, not too long ago. I never thought of using the Marauder for this.
    Well you modeled it close enough cause yours just got me! I went second and two of my guys were down from Explosives.

    I'll keep telling you guys - it's not the second Wrath...
    Nicko-0517

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    OS
    Android
    Posts
    695
    I managed to win one battle yesterday even going second, but had 3 losses before that one, always when one wrath goes first stealing energy the other one goes second with power move then either DM or navigator finishing my team without power to heal or revive.

    If energy talismans weren't broken, it would be another history, I think it only happens because of that and i don't know why devs made an update some days ago and didn't include a fix for that.
    Last edited by R1ck; 08-04-2017 at 05:24 PM.

  6. #16
    Senior Member Bradata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    USA
    OS
    Android
    Posts
    420
    I'll tell you one thing guys, if anyone has a nose to smell the broken talismans and the toons to put them on it's Nicko. I've been playing PVP when it was still beta and he would always be the first to come up with some new and creative defense... and then we all follow in his footsteps
    My defense rate just went up 2% since I put the Marauder there.
    No we're not in paradise
    This is who we are
    This is what we've got
    No, it's not our paradise
    But it's all we want
    And it's all that we're fighting for
    But it's not paradise

  7. #17
    Senior Member slauki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Germany
    OS
    Android
    Posts
    2,187
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicko View Post
    is the second Wrath. When the energy talismans get adjusted I don't think you'll see 2 Wrath defenses unless combined with TWO toons who can feed him power (AG? Cyborg?) - and even then you're depending on the cards to fall in a very particular way.
    it's a combination of wraths and explosives and energy for sure, as i stated before. explosives are equally crucial in the system so as stealing energy. we won't see 2 wrath defenses a lot because most doesn't have 2 wraths. but i can name you 4-5 guys who already copied part of the defense. and it will get more very week.
    so part 1 of my prediction become reality much faster than i anticipated

    Quote Originally Posted by Bradata View Post
    I'll tell you one thing guys, if anyone has a nose to smell the broken talismans and the toons to put them on it's Nicko. I've been playing PVP when it was still beta and he would always be the first to come up with some new and creative defense... and then we all follow in his footsteps
    My defense rate just went up 2% since I put the Marauder there.
    that's definetly true man, seems like a secret talent... nicko is one of the smartest players out there his defenses were always extremly solid. will never forget the legendary tailgunner, gunner golden son, desert marauder, prisoner defense. legendary as fuck and yeah everyone followed after some days.
    Last edited by slauki; 08-04-2017 at 07:04 PM.


    What you see is not real, those who know will not tell
    All is lost sold your souls to this brave new world


  8. #18
    Senior Member gmac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    OS
    Android
    Posts
    443

    Best Defense EVER!

    Quote Originally Posted by slauki View Post
    that's definetly true man, seems like a secret talent... nicko is one of the smartest players out there his defenses were always extremly solid. will never forget the legendary tailgunner, gunner golden son, desert marauder, prisoner defense. legendary as fuck and yeah everyone followed after some days.
    That was the best defense this game has ever known and probably ever will. It was so broken that Nicko even stopped using it in respect to other players. (don't actually think he should, it was not his fault, but that goes to show his character).

    Yeah, good memories

    But did not lose to Nicko yet... Others I have, eight times so far. Best one? Buttons gone missing of course, four times, impressive! (Devs, could you look into this?).

    Glad I'm enjoying Shaolin x Carlos battle from the sidelines. Hope Kamuz, Nicko and others will join.

    ***gmac grabs popcorn***

  9. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    OS
    iOS
    Posts
    454
    Quote Originally Posted by gmac View Post
    That was the best defense this game has ever known and probably ever will. It was so broken that Nicko even stopped using it in respect to other players. (don't actually think he should, it was not his fault, but that goes to show his character).

    Yeah, good memories

    But did not lose to Nicko yet... Others I have, eight times so far. Best one? Buttons gone missing of course, four times, impressive! (Devs, could you look into this?).

    Glad I'm enjoying Shaolin x Carlos battle from the sidelines. Hope Kamuz, Nicko and others will join.

    ***gmac grabs popcorn***
    Gmac- were u able to beat Nicko's defense going second?
    I'd love to hear from you or anyone else who has. Out of respect please do not disclose the team used if u have, I am just more interested to hear if it's possible!

  10. #20
    Senior Member gmac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    OS
    Android
    Posts
    443
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezz View Post
    Gmac- were u able to beat Nicko's defense going second?
    I'd love to hear from you or anyone else who has. Out of respect please do not disclose the team used if u have, I am just more interested to hear if it's possible!
    Yes, I think I battle him 4 times, and I went second on 2 ocasions. Definitely possible

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •