OS
    iOS

Please explain the purpose of "Waves"?

So I've done a search of the forums and perhaps I didn't use the correct search term because I couldn't find the answer to my question.....

What are "Waves", and why would I pick wave I vs Wave V? For instance in the new Brave World Dungeons I can conquer the Wave V enemies, so is there a benefit to choosing a lower level wave since the SOT used are the same?

Yes, I realize this may be a stupid question and maybe I'm missing the obvious, so now that we have that out of the way please school me on what I'm missing!

Thanks!
    Add XVX-2243 - Daily Players and will use your trooper.

5* Mystic Eddie (LVL 100), 5* Pharaoh Eddie (LVL 100), 5* Samuai Eddie (LVL 100), 5* Grim Reaper Eddie (LVL 100), 5* Soldier Eddie (LVL 100), 5* Aces High Eddie (LVL 100), 5* Fear of the Dark Eddie (LVL 100), 5* Rainmaker Eddie (LVL 100),
    5* Viking Eddie (LVL 100), 5* Carriage Rider Eddie (LVL 100), 5* Warrior CoTD (LVL 100), 5* Angel of Fear (LVL 100)
    Etc....

UP THE IRONITES!!!

Just to be clear, you're talking about when you click a level (say brave new world level 2) and then you see the waves of enemies? If so, that is just a preview of what's to come so that you can plan accordingly. You still have to face them all.

OS
    iOS
    Name:  IMG_7418.JPG
Views: 204
Size:  115.6 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by Coletrain View Post
    Just to be clear, you're talking about when you click a level (say brave new world level 2) and then you see the waves of enemies? If so, that is just a preview of what's to come so that you can plan accordingly. You still have to face them all.
    I've attached a picture of what I mean. At least I hope I have. My phone isn't making the task ready.

If I beat wave V, I've cleared that level and don't appear to have to clear I-IV to get to that point. Does that help at all?

5* Mystic Eddie (LVL 100), 5* Pharaoh Eddie (LVL 100), 5* Samuai Eddie (LVL 100), 5* Grim Reaper Eddie (LVL 100), 5* Soldier Eddie (LVL 100), 5* Aces High Eddie (LVL 100), 5* Fear of the Dark Eddie (LVL 100), 5* Rainmaker Eddie (LVL 100),
    5* Viking Eddie (LVL 100), 5* Carriage Rider Eddie (LVL 100), 5* Warrior CoTD (LVL 100), 5* Angel of Fear (LVL 100)
    Etc....

UP THE IRONITES!!!

OS
    Android
    You have to beat all waves no matter what.
    That display is just so you can check before going in what is in each wave.
    You can't bypass the first 4 and go straight to 5.
    RETIRED - Lulero-2041 - Cyborg Ed.
    "Time you enjoy wasting isn't wasted time" - B. Russel

Toons I maxed after Cyborg, chronologically ordered:
    Allied Bomber Boy, Pyro Soldier, Corrupt Rescuer, The Nomad, Wrath
    Run to the Hill Ed., Grim Reaper Ed., Angel of Fear, Soulless Demon
    Desert Marauder, Undead Rescuer, Pharaoh Dog, Death Dog
    Corrupt General

OS
    iOS
    I think that I am not asking my question correctly. Either that or I am totally not understanding the answer given.

The picture that I posted is from Garden of Fear Level II. As the Brave New World area was just released yesterday, the screenshot was taken as I entered that level for the very first time. As you can see from the screenshot I can in fact play Wave V and have not yet played Waves 1-4. The same can be said for Lord of Light Dungeons as each level has waves I-III available to play. My characters are strong enough ti play the hardest wave in most cases, so I go that route. I am unsure if there is a hidden benefit to playing the other waves that I am missing.

I would think there was a thread or guide on the forum that includes this information but can't seem to find it. If there is one, can someone please direct me there. If there isn't, a further explanation would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Etc....

UP THE IRONITES!!!

OS
    Android
    I think you don't understand my previous answer haha.

Thing is you don't get to choose anything, you will fight all those waves.
    If a battle has only one wave, it means you will only fight that one.
    If a battle has 5 waves, it means you will have to fight those 5 in order and you can check before going in what's in each wave.
    If you "select" wave 3, you will still have to fight waves 4 and 5, but you get to see what foes are in wave 3.
    RETIRED - Lulero-2041 - Cyborg Ed.
    "Time you enjoy wasting isn't wasted time" - B. Russel

Toons I maxed after Cyborg, chronologically ordered:
    Allied Bomber Boy, Pyro Soldier, Corrupt Rescuer, The Nomad, Wrath
    Run to the Hill Ed., Grim Reaper Ed., Angel of Fear, Soulless Demon
    Desert Marauder, Undead Rescuer, Pharaoh Dog, Death Dog
    Corrupt General

OS
    iOS
    Oh!!! Thank you!!! That makes total sense to me now! Wow. I can't believe I didn't think of that before.

I seriously appreciate you taking the time to answer not just once, but twice in a different way I so I could understand.

As always, this community kicks ass!

Etc....

UP THE IRONITES!!!