Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
    OS
    Android

Garden of Dismay strategies

strategies for Garden of Dismay
    I play all troopers all days.

OS
    Android
    GRE/Navigator/Eternity - Golden Pharaoh Dog/Sentinel Corrupt Droid - Gunner Dog - Clair/Sentinel Undead Rescuer
    Now I am cold but a ghost lives in my veins,
    Silent the terror that reigned-marbled in stone
    Shell of a man God preserved-a thousand ages
    But open the gates of my hell-I will strike from the grave.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Lulero View Post
    Beat all three dungeons \m/

Life was slooooow and more likely than others to bug out.

Imho Dismay > Life > Fear.

EDIT, some tips:

Pharaoh Dog is my MVP and the only toon I used in all three.
    Damage reduction passive, healing, immunity in one package.
    Bring one or two energy sets and bosses are only a matter of time.

To avoid the game hanging bug, use the left side of screen for tempo taps.
    What happened to me is that after pressing a skill, the skill buttons would come back instantly.
    Pressing one of those before they disappear (after the current skill is resolved) leads to force close the app.

The waves with 3 foes including one bigger than usual can be cleared by killing that one only (as for campaign bosses with minions).

Even unsharded, Gunner Dog is invaluable for Dismay. 6 Hits with 25% of extra turn helps.
    Also decent damage wise since he deals random damage, and the boss converts magic and physical to a fixed (based on max health) amount of pure damages.

Grim Reaper Eddie rips through Fear. Don't forget his fury hits 6 times, make use of it.
    Special call out and thanks to Lulero for the advice and tips in his posts above. Really helped me beat Dismay Level IX and X, thanks to the Gunner Dog tip. I don't have my Pharaoh Gunner Dog maxed, but used my Sentinel Droid for Immunity and Force Shield. I did have my regular Gunner Dog maxed and applied some Boost, Health, and Strength Talismans in him, and he did quite well, even completely unsharded as Lulero mentions.

Was able to complete all Gardens and all levels, and only had to revive in Life level X, but that was my first Garden and I made some mistakes in my team setup and usage...did not take anything for Immunity and learned my lesson. Had to revive for 50 Ironite in Level X Life (was too lazy and too far along in damaging the Boss to have to replay the game from the beginning ).

Btw, Navigator Eddie is great as well, since he hits multiple times.

This may be a newbie observation and the top players know about it already, but could be useful for others (including myself, who figured it out much later, lol):
    - the solid shield is depleted based on damage done, so you need to use the heavy hitters when that shield is active (Wrath, Aces High Fury, Nomad, etc.)
    - the dotted shield is depleted based on number of hits, regardless of damage, so use multi-hitters when that shield is active (Navigator basic, power, fury; gunner dog; Aces High triple shot power skill; GRE slash; etc.)

For Dismay Levels IX and X, I used Pharaoh Eddie's Fury for the team Invincibility, because those darn Assassin Buzz dudes get so many extra turns and can absolutely destroy your Eddie. So I used Aces High's roulette to quickly build Fury and kept it ready for when I faced the Assassin Buzzes, switching to Pharaoh when I arrived at that wave.

Hope that helps some of you. A BIG THANK YOU again to Lulero, cheers bud!
    Last edited by IceManFerrar; 08-10-2017 at 04:51 PM.

OS
    Android
    The real challenge for me started on level IX which i anyway passed at the second attempt.
    But what was really hard was obviously the last stage: at first i thought of bringing al those characters who could deal more hits at once to quickly get rid of that damn shield, but it wasn't enough as i had to waste some moves to protect my team from the boss attacks.

At first i also used the Pharaoh Eddie to use its invicibility, but 2 turns weren't enough and couldn't generate the fury fast enough, so i came up with the idea that i rather needed a normal char who let me be safe for a while, so that then i could use all of my "firepower" to concentrate on the enemy:
    I used the sentinel corrupt droid (his force field was very useful, protecting up to 3 attacks), and it worked! For the record the other chars i used where:
    • Wrath, (for high damage and marks)
    • Clairvoyant (to revive if needed and for her fury which heas and cleanses)

and as Eddies:
    • Eternity Eddie (for the same reasons as the Wrath, they deal huge damage together, plus if you're lucky he triggers several attacks in a row)
    • Grim Reaper Eddie (for its fury multiple hits and one more chance to revive allies)
    • Pharaoh Eddie (just in case, plus high hp, but actually i didn't even use him)
    Last edited by Ancient Mariner; 08-11-2017 at 11:10 AM.

OS
    iOS
    For me the working line up was Navigator as his fury does multiple hits, gunner dog for the multiple hits, GCR to protect and revive and Nomad with Echo Talismans for the kill.
    All Eddies Collected and Maxed

Up the Irons Blood Brothers

Follow me on instagram for my concert pictures: http://instagram.com/beattheriff

Visit my concerts photography Facebook Store on: https://www.facebook.com/pg/beattheriff/shop/

OS
    Android
    I am able to autofarm until level 5, anyone able to autofarm above levels? Would mind to share your team?

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by R1ck View Post
    I am able to autofarm until level 5, anyone able to autofarm above levels? Would mind to share your team?
    I haven't tested it too much yet, but I've got a team that's working on VII. It's so slow you can do the dishes while waiting for it to be over. I was trying to do it with an all sentinel team, but I couldn't get past the boss's shield without the gunner dog.

Pharaoh Eddie - not sharded. 2 health, 4 guardian

Sentinel Harpy - sharded. Strike set, 2 health, 1 random yellow

Gunner Dog - not sharded. Thief set, 2 health, 1 random red

Sentinel Allied Soldier (yeah, this turd) - not sharded (of course). Thief set, 2 health, 1 random blue

I'm gonna try switching out the AS with some others, but the heal comes in handy. It's really slow and ugly but it's working so far
    MrFreeze-6530

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by MrFreeze View Post
    I haven't tested it too much yet, but I've got a team that's working on VII. It's so slow you can do the dishes while waiting for it to be over. I was trying to do it with an all sentinel team, but I couldn't get past the boss's shield without the gunner dog.

Pharaoh Eddie - not sharded. 2 health, 4 guardian

Sentinel Harpy - sharded. Strike set, 2 health, 1 random yellow

Gunner Dog - not sharded. Thief set, 2 health, 1 random red

Sentinel Allied Soldier (yeah, this turd) - not sharded (of course). Thief set, 2 health, 1 random blue

I'm gonna try switching out the AS with some others, but the heal comes in handy. It's really slow and ugly but it's working so far
    Thanks trooper, really appreciate it.

OS
    Android
    I'm on X right now and, while I didn't have to revive on IX, the King's force shield still was irksome for me to handle. But I'm currently grooming my Assassin Axis Soldier for the task because his basic hits 4 times with a 15% chance for an extra turn. I figure that since I can give him my Echo set, that force shield would be alot less troublesome. Since I'm already using Eternity for his triple hit basic that also works as marking, and assassin Golden son to prevent dying, and the club favorite, Golden Pharaoh dog for healing and immunity.

Am I missing someone?
    Fearless leader of the Jomsvikings

OS
    Android
    Finally took a look at the higher levels of BNW and figured out that invisibility talismans make all levels a cake walk. Used the following team and each char has a set of the aforementioned invisibility talismans..

Navigator - vampiric set works best to keep his HP from draining
    AGS x 2 - assassin or any maxed purple set will work
    GPD - energy talismans will keep your power moves going

Use the AGS and GPD power moves to stay alive and immune to negative status effects... easy breezy japanesy
    If you're gonna die, die with your boots on
    mjmxiii-1619