I use:

Tail-gunner Eddie (with Echo set for multi-hits) - max shards -- or --
    Grim Eddie - max shards -- or --
    Navigator Eddie- 3/4 shards

Then.....
    Assassin Corrupt Droid - max shards
    Clairvoyant - max shard
    Gunner Dog - max shards

The droid is a take it or leave it. It helps, but any multi-target hard hitter works. The heal ability it has can be helpful though especially since it also casts a void shield.
    Clairvoyant can be replaced with something that removes negative buffs or has Cleanse ability --- needed because of how the beast casts so many debuffs.
    The Gunner dog just chews up that shield on the beast.... I don't think I've run a BNW level without it since I leveled it up. And really, it's about the only thing I use the dog for.

Navigator Eddie means I have to watch the beast battle. It's possible to lose Navigator Eddie there if you stick to strict autoplay. But, to be fair my Navigator Eddie is the only one without maxed out shards and talismans. All other charters can't go any higher.

the big thing I focus on are multi-target hitters. This makes it much easier to clear the battles and doesn't matter on "the beast".

To get past that droid on lvl X with Quake, I stock Visions Eddie just for that battle, build fury so going into the third battle fury is full.. then hit the other side with Vision Eddie fury first thing.... they are stunned.... I take out the Droids.. works most of the time. Not always though or.... use any character to cast Cleanse on your team first thing in that third battle. Cleanse will clear the stun. So I do also use the Clairvoyant to cast her fury first thing as well.
    Last edited by Yup; 11-14-2017 at 11:00 PM.