Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    OS
    Android
    Nice post, was farming GoF IX t'll I got blue Valkyrie.. Now it's X
    Came independently to similar conclusions, then GMAC told me about this post...
    Been using a very similar team than the one discussed here, just exchange the Pharaoh dog for a WuR & before pulling her, a magus allied solider (LVL IX)
    Now with her X is a breeze, she seems built especially for it..

Still working on Dismay X.... IIX 100% IX 90% & counting..
    "Nothing lasts forever but the certainty of change"
    -Bruce Dickinson

(English is not my first language)

OS
    Android
    Takes so long to autofarm that I might as well play manually - just cannot rely on AI to use the team in the right order against the Dragon King, but they shouldn't lose much. My team for GoF consists of (all fully sharded):

Gunner Dog
    Wrath
    Grim Reaper Eddie
    Clairvoyant

Reserve Eddies (optional):
    Tailgunner (for extra turns, multiple hits)
    Rainmaker (for damage charge, extra marks)

Gunner dog's 6 hits and extra turn chance takes the shield down easily plus he can also heal in emergencies, and Grim reaper can help on shields too, or switch him for Tailgunner and use triple-shot. Wrath and Clairvoyant remove buffs on the run through to the boss, where wrath can consistently mark him once shields are down before Eddie or Clairvoyant can do massive damage with standard moves (I've tried allied soldier and Magus CR here but Wrath is just too useful placing marks). Clairvoyant fury keeps everyone healed and cleansed against the boss; don't even need her revive.

Works for me anyway.
    Ian-5547
    I used to play all my troopers every day
    All grind and no respite makes me sad
    One day, I may return

OS
    iOS
    I tried it on auto, with some talisman differences (no shield), and failed. That blue " lady of dubious nature" really kicks some ass in the fear dungeon though. It's much quicker than what I was using. I put a chance set on her for more damage. I use her with GRE, MCR and clairvoyant, and it's easy on manual. No go on auto though.
    MrFreeze-6530

OS
    Android
    I've did - with the same team configuraton (GRE + Claire + Kari + GPD) some more runs on auto on GoF IX & X levels and got a loss in level X, so I can't say that its 100% safe, at least for me. I'm starting o think that maybe the A.I. is improving somehow during our gameplay, or that modifiers from the GoF X had something to do.

Anyway, the game has started to freeze for me even in GoF and when it doesn't, I've got some server error, but the drops weren't available after game rebooted...
    I wish for a talisman type converter

OS
    Android
    I did 15 runs on level VIII today and not a single red talisman. Frustrating as I was chasing a 3rd strike talisman to complete a set. Grrrrr

OS
    Android
    Update. Run 22 finally yielded a Thorn Talisman.

Senior Member The Educated fool's Avatar
    OS
    Android
    Yeah, the drop rates in BNW are kind of... ridiculous, frankly. I'm closing on 40 runs of GoF X with 0 Rage talis (which I'm after) or Echoes to show for it.

My (bad) luck is legendary, but still, frustrating.
    EducatedFool-1193

MOFO 4 LIFE!

You know it's not only madmen who listen to Fools

OS
    Android
    I've gotten a couple Thorn talismans in my latest runs here. I took Kulimar's advice and crafted his team and I can auto up to IX without having to worry. I tried doing X last night but the game hung itself when the Dragon King was about half health. Takes a long time though, but it's reliable.
    Fearless leader of the Jomsvikings

OS
    Android
    Want to autofarm GoF on level X?
    do this:
    Grim Reaper Eddie, Clairvoyant, Golden Pharaoh Dog, Pharaoh Dog King.
    GRE: Life, Health and Power sets.
    Clair: Energy/Freeze.
    GPD: Energy/Immunity/1 assassin.
    PDK: 2 Paladin sets/Warp.

Yes drop rates are low, on X thorns, explo and strike are the easiest to get, but I haven't seen one single echo,meteor or rage since launch's first run and I have played it almost every day multiple times (and freezes at least 2 times a day BTW which sux NF).
    Last edited by Blacksteel; 10-10-2017 at 08:33 PM.
    *Somewhere in time*
    Blacksteel-8432

Senior Member The Educated fool's Avatar
    OS
    Android
    I'm curious... Sparton or Kaz, can you give me an approximation of how often the top rarity talismans should drop in their various dungeons? I'm not asking for anything exact, but a ballpark number? Let's say for Rage talis... 1 in 100? 1 in 250? 1 in 500? 1 in a 1000?
    EducatedFool-1193

MOFO 4 LIFE!

You know it's not only madmen who listen to Fools