Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Lubbock, Texas
    OS
    Android
    Posts
    868

    Askora checking out

    The time has come and gone that I should have stopped playing. It's finally reached the point where I have absolutely no desire to play. I'm trying to play through the end of the week and as of this moment have played nearly all my troopers since reset, but now is the time to seek a new trooper. A few have been with me for quite a while, a few for only a short time. Thank you all for the badges, the competition, the camaraderie here in the forums. It's been a pleasure.

    It's no longer fun, and the long awaited BNW is an epic joke with the flurry of new and old bugs it's brought. Visually it's great and it does provide more of a challenge than the regular dungeon levels, but the bugs and the cost/reward ratio make it a failure. Don't get me wrong, even had BNW been great I'm still at a point where I'm ready to take a break. I started playing December of 2016 and have played every day religiously which is a lot of time to donate towards a game.

    I'm not sacrificing my roster, so there will always be a chance I can come back but for now I just need time away to do things I enjoy. The direction of the game is also not one that I care to follow. There was a time that I believed in it, but with the current direction I'm appalled. It almost seems as though NF is doing their best to drive long time players away, it makes sense as new players won't know that the game was ever anything more than a money grab with no rewards.

    You know why they won't tell you drop rates? Because of how horrible they are. A quick one for you, in BNW Fear Level 10 each drop (65% chance of 3, 35% chance of 2 and 15% chance of 4) you have a 3% chance for a chance of a talisman. From there it's still a 28% chance you only get gold and with 12 talismans in that group you have to be really lucky to build a set in any remotely reasonable amount of time. The thing you're most likely to get farming that level is 4 3* Red Runes per drop. For the time investment and the ironite investment that's pathetic. I've done the research and unless there is some other weighting factor those numbers are accurate. As a side note, it really is a 50/50 coin toss going into pvp and yes the defense gets a hefty buff on effects proc'ing.

    Up the Irons!

    Askora-8071 (Kevin)

  2. #2
    Senior Member Zerynx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Dallas Texas
    OS
    iOS
    Posts
    238
    Thanks for all the badges, and I get it. I've only been playing since April, and I'm starting to wonder how I'll keep up with 50 troopers a day and no SOT refill on level up, when I hit level 100.

    Anyway, it was good to have a fellow Texan on the team and I'll keep you on for sure.
    Zerynx-2164

    Lost to Apathy - Retired

  3. #3
    Senior Member Crazypants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    The Dark and Bloody Ground State, USA
    OS
    iOS
    Posts
    231
    Damn man another trooper gone. You echoed a lot of complaints most of us have. Hate to see ya go but you gotta do whats best for you. Take care of yourself Brother.

  4. #4
    Senior Member slauki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Germany
    OS
    Android
    Posts
    2,187
    have a good time aside the game askora, sad to see another forum member loses his interest, but well, most of us understand the issue. it takes them 1 year to release BNW and they did some real basic mistakes, that chases players away. hope this will be adresses asap, otherwise we will see many more of these posts.

    best wishes man


    What you see is not real, those who know will not tell
    All is lost sold your souls to this brave new world


  5. #5
    Senior Member blade685's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    france
    OS
    Android
    Posts
    1,856
    Good job dev team, you're in the right way....we are losing all players
    I play all troopers all days.







  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    OS
    Android
    Posts
    309
    See you Askora and hope all goes well for you, maybe see you back some day if all things align, thanks.
    Devs your work was nice in concept and content, if a bit delayed, but, the character bugs, reward vs cost ratio which is kinda bad after the first run and all the freeze and crash make it suck, I recommend to be more careful in the future, good players are leaving.
    *Somewhere in time*
    Blacksteel-8432

  7. #7
    Senior Member gmac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    OS
    Android
    Posts
    443
    Sorry to see you go :/

    Good luck and let us know if you ever come back!

    cheers
    gmac

  8. #8
    Senior Member blade685's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    france
    OS
    Android
    Posts
    1,856
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksteel View Post
    See you Askora and hope all goes well for you, maybe see you back some day if all things align, thanks.
    Devs your work was nice in concept and content, if a bit delayed, but, the character bugs, reward vs cost ratio which is kinda bad after the first run and all the freeze and crash make it suck, I recommend to be more careful in the future, good players are leaving.
    we told them since a long time but they don't or want understand
    I play all troopers all days.







  9. #9
    Senior Member kkkreg5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas
    OS
    Android
    Posts
    1,153
    Quote Originally Posted by Askora View Post
    The time has come and gone that I should have stopped playing. It's finally reached the point where I have absolutely no desire to play. I'm trying to play through the end of the week and as of this moment have played nearly all my troopers since reset, but now is the time to seek a new trooper. A few have been with me for quite a while, a few for only a short time. Thank you all for the badges, the competition, the camaraderie here in the forums. It's been a pleasure.

    It's no longer fun, and the long awaited BNW is an epic joke with the flurry of new and old bugs it's brought. Visually it's great and it does provide more of a challenge than the regular dungeon levels, but the bugs and the cost/reward ratio make it a failure. Don't get me wrong, even had BNW been great I'm still at a point where I'm ready to take a break. I started playing December of 2016 and have played every day religiously which is a lot of time to donate towards a game.

    I'm not sacrificing my roster, so there will always be a chance I can come back but for now I just need time away to do things I enjoy. The direction of the game is also not one that I care to follow. There was a time that I believed in it, but with the current direction I'm appalled. It almost seems as though NF is doing their best to drive long time players away, it makes sense as new players won't know that the game was ever anything more than a money grab with no rewards.

    You know why they won't tell you drop rates? Because of how horrible they are. A quick one for you, in BNW Fear Level 10 each drop (65% chance of 3, 35% chance of 2 and 15% chance of 4) you have a 3% chance for a chance of a talisman. From there it's still a 28% chance you only get gold and with 12 talismans in that group you have to be really lucky to build a set in any remotely reasonable amount of time. The thing you're most likely to get farming that level is 4 3* Red Runes per drop. For the time investment and the ironite investment that's pathetic. I've done the research and unless there is some other weighting factor those numbers are accurate. As a side note, it really is a 50/50 coin toss going into pvp and yes the defense gets a hefty buff on effects proc'ing.

    Up the Irons!

    Askora-8071 (Kevin)
    This is really disheartening to read. You have been the biggest proponent of patience with NF. You seem to have the best grasp of their business model. Your loss coupled with Mammy's is a tough one. This makes 5-6 senior members in the last few weeks. Apparently, NF feels that enough "new suckers" are joining that they can get by. I will not use really money again on this game. Thanks Nodding Frog.
    kkkreg5-6767

    R. Garcia

    It never ends...

  10. #10
    Senior Member Mariner-1212's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    OS
    Android
    Posts
    515
    Going to miss seeing you around here, Kevin. Best wishes brother, take care of your health and enjoy your life. If you wander back and want a Trooper (and if I'm still here), send me a request \m/
    Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •