Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Watchman View Post
    Bonus round - The worst song (in my opinion of course): The Assassin
    worst song? Good idea, if i had to choose id say: The apparition, ive tryed listening to it over and over again but instead of making me like it more i hated it even more, it never got me and will never.

Ive got a feeling many will choose the angel and the gambler as the worst but atleat that song can be listened to and has good parts, the angel and the gambler is repetitive with using the same phrase 726 times, the apparition? Its just dull and boring
    Opinion ofc

OS
    iOS
    Foreword: Back in Junior high when I was a metalhead, I recall setting my VCR to record a heavy metal documentary on Mtv. It was a great documentary and it featured interviews with everyone from the Scorpions, ACDC, Ozzy, Dio... etc... I don't recall the name of the documentary, but it was important enough at the time for me to want to tape it. Immediately after the documentary, a live concert began with an ominous tone rumbling and Churchill's speech began. There was enough room on the VHS tape so I figured, why not. It then exploded with Aces High and I was never the same after that. It was from the World Slavery Tour, and from that moment on I was a Maiden fan.

The first chance I got I made Somewhere in Time my first Maiden album (which at the time was the latest release) after which I bought everything from Number of the Beast on... I was obsessed. They instantly became my favorite band. I remember when Seventh Son was released and I really enjoyed that album. After that, my interests in music shifted and I didn't revisit them much until about 7 years ago.

I personally feel that the albums Number of the Beast, Peace of Mind, and Powerslave are masterpieces. There's not a bad song on any of those three albums (maybe the worst song being "Quest for Fire", but even that's not too bad). It was hard for me to make this list, but here is my top 20:

Number of the Beast
    Children of the Dammed
    Hallowed be thy Name
    Powerslave (one of my favorite guitar solos of all time)
    22 Acacia Avenue
    Flight of Icarus
    Revelations
    Still Life (suprised not to see this on many of your lists)
    Aces High
    The Trooper
    Rime of the Ancient Mariner
    Wasted Years
    Infinite Dreams
    Die with your Boots On
    Moonchild
    The Clairvoyant
    Can I Play with Madness
    Seventh Son of a Seventh Son (the chorus is a little weak but the solos are epic)
    Empire of the Clouds
    Coming Home
    Last edited by OpticSugar; 08-15-2016 at 03:37 PM.

OS
    iOS
    The educated fool is right, its a real challenge to decide the best songs, but imo the one song everyone is gonna probably put in theyre list is obviously: hallowed be thy name, its just too great to not be on anyone's list.

Hey is just me or is the trooper based off hallowed be thy name??? I feel like it has the same tune.

Pretty hard question... Argh... my mind is going to blow.
    here's 10 of my favorite songs but so much more deserve a place here
    Blood brothers
    Flash of the blade
    Hallowed be thy name
    Empire of the clouds
    Seventh son of a seventh son
    For the greater good of god
    Children of the damned
    Caught somewhere in time
    Afraid to shoot strangers
    Ghost of the navigator

OS
    iOS
    Ye its hard to choose songs, cant fit them all in a top 10 list.
    Nekroliun-3119 - Rainmaker Eddie/Nomad, prob both pretty bad

Free your soul and let it fly! Give your life to the lord of light! Keep your secrets and rain on me, all i see are mysteries!

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekroliun View Post
    Ye its hard to choose songs, cant fit them all in a top 10 list.
    yeah, that's why I made a top 20 list.

OS
    Android
    Thank you so much for sharing the list of the songs. I was looking for something to listen to. In my turn, I would want to leave this here: http://bigpaperwriter.com/blog/the-r...-mariner-essay You will be amazed.

OS
    iOS
    Das the story for the rime of the ancient mariner? Its one of the reasons i like that song, its a great story, a good story too is the dance of death which is my fav song, a guy gets kidnapped while drunk by something and participates in a dance of death, if u dunno what a dance of death is search it on wikipedia, actually here it is https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danse_Macabre. Great song

OS
    Android
    The Wicker Man and Phantom of the Opera have been alternating as my ringtone since forever, so any top ten would have to include those. The other 8 would change daily I reckon.

Topical ref for Phantom is this great Lucozade ad from when I was a kid featuring one of GB's greatest ever Olympians:

https://youtu.be/D4YTB5FZeHQ

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennie-5128 View Post
    The Wicker Man and Phantom of the Opera have been alternating as my ringtone since forever, so any top ten would have to include those.
    If you can have a song as your ringtone for that long and not be sick of it - then it has some serious lasting power.

I'm actually a little concerned about some of the music that they have in this game, because you hear it looped so frequently - I fear I will start to burn out from hearing it too much. And I don't want to get sick of this music! I've been listening to a lot of Maiden live shows on youtube instead of the in-game audio as a result.