Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by thealchemist View Post
    I can confirm the next toon is Gunner Golden Son. Hmmm do I need the essence that much?
    Thanks for the heads up! "Starts soon" usually means in the next 1-3 days. It would be interesting if this event was made to overlap with the current Rescuer event, as usually events don't overlap. But, that could just be a side effect of pre-planned Gunner Golden Son timing overlapping with the delayed Rescuer timing.

In any case, it makes me think we might see the LoL dungeons stay open on Thur and Fri, which would also help those farming LoL for Regular Souls for the Rescuer event (unless the Golden Son event begins today).

In terms of the character choice, he stays in line with the pattern I noted in my first post. I like him quite a bit and actually have two at 5*. I'll try to get 2-3 from the event for the Altar. As explained in a recent excellent post by Amarthir, these events are some of the most efficient ways to hit high-level Sacrifice Tiers for a chance at other Souls and Skill Shards.

Also, if the pattern holds for the Assassin, that would mean we'll see Corrupt Rescuer, Artillery Dog, or Corrupt Harpy.
    Last edited by druid138; 09-11-2017 at 04:35 PM.
    druid138-6195
    Sunrise Senjutsu Eddie
    Pity me none
    at the gates of our hell

OS
    Android
    Good guessing Druid! I guess we all owe you a beer or something. On my part I'm mostly happy that they're actually doing the Gunner and Assassin characters.

Hopefully the Assassin one will grant Death Dog, Corrupt Rescuer, or Astra, because I'm still missing all of those

Quote Originally Posted by scott-5496 View Post
    I never really use him much but he has helped early on in certain levels of story so I can see why he might help non-end gamers a bit as he is decent enough. I may check it out but I have him so no real drive to try for him other than if I am doing LOL anyway for upgrades - he can be sacrificed I guess!
    How's your farming team Scott? Because in my experience, Gunner Golden Son is the best character to come out of these fragment events yet. He's an excellent farming toon, and cheap to shard. I even bring him to PVP occasionally!
    I suggest giving him Chance Talismans to really wreck things, though you can't go wrong with any 3 purple / 3 yellow Talisman combo
    Soldier blue in the barren wastes
    Reflecting and shielding's a game
    Wrecking the Axis and wasting the dogs
    The only good demons are tame

Kardas-1158. Retired

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Kardas View Post
    Good guessing Druid! I guess we all owe you a beer or something. On my part I'm mostly happy that they're actually doing the Gunner and Assassin characters.

Hopefully the Assassin one will grant Death Dog, Corrupt Rescuer, or Astra, because I'm still missing all of those.
    Thanks! I'm glad they stuck with the pattern - it's a pretty reasonable one. Astra would be awesome, but I'm not hopeful since Kari already had an event. Death Dog would be cool. He's one of my favorite characters, and I'd love to see him get some attention.
    druid138-6195
    Sunrise Senjutsu Eddie
    Pity me none
    at the gates of our hell

OS
    Android
    Also, I believe this will be the first time ever that we have a Soul that guarantees a Gunner character (please correct me if I'm wrong). It would be great to have future events that offer generic Gunner- or Assassin-specific Souls.
    Last edited by druid138; 09-11-2017 at 06:51 PM.
    druid138-6195
    Sunrise Senjutsu Eddie
    Pity me none
    at the gates of our hell

OS
    Android
    The October Event calendar lists "Corrupted Fragments" as the next event.

I'm expecting an Assassin CR Fragment Event to begin Saturday or Monday (which would make me 2 for 2 in my original prediction two months ago ).
    druid138-6195
    Sunrise Senjutsu Eddie
    Pity me none
    at the gates of our hell

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by druid138 View Post
    The October Event calendar lists "Corrupted Fragments" as the next event.

I'm expecting an Assassin CR Fragment Event to begin Saturday or Monday (which would make me 2 for 2 in my original prediction two months ago ).
    That would be my expectation too but there is the Corrupt Ox Cultist in the picture which is now giving me pause. Surely they wouldn't give away a strong character in a fragment event....
    "Handing out the oranges in JomsVikings"

thealchemist-3575.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by thealchemist View Post
    That would be my expectation too but there is the Corrupt Ox Cultist in the picture which is now giving me pause. Surely they wouldn't give away a strong character in a fragment event....
    You're right! I didn't see him. That's great news for me, as I have the CR but not him. He's a better fit for the Halloween month anyway.
    druid138-6195
    Sunrise Senjutsu Eddie
    Pity me none
    at the gates of our hell

OS
    Android
    I got my first assassin cr yesterday actually so it would be anticlimactic if they based the event around her, so the ox will do, I'm sort of hoping that they do the event while the assassin and gunner dungeons are open. I excel the most in those two.

On a side note, anyone know any good talisman setups for the purple corrupt rescuer?
    Fearless leader of the Jomsvikings

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Amarthir View Post
    I got my first assassin cr yesterday actually so it would be anticlimactic if they based the event around her, so the ox will do, I'm sort of hoping that they do the event while the assassin and gunner dungeons are open. I excel the most in those two.

On a side note, anyone know any good talisman setups for the purple corrupt rescuer?
    Amarthir

As for the setups... Lots of choices, really - depending on what you want to her to be - 1. ''Purple Tank'' or 2. ''Magic Destroyer''

The key thing the chick is dealing with MAGIC, so... ANY Green (Ward) would be handy as well as Holy, Freezing, Eduring etc...

My setup: 4x Energy (Ward) + 2x Holy (Power) to boost magic - that's for ''Purple Tank''... You could be use 4x Health (Ward) to get her even more tanky...

If you not especially care for durability - skip one green and put 1 blue instead - again 3x Energy (Ward), or Paralysis ones - whatever you wish - just remember to be magic ones + 3x Freezing, Endure etc. In that case she will be well balanced as for her power damage and strenght...

The last option: 4x Magic - might be Life (Power) and so Holy (Power) or 4x Holy (Power) and 2x Greens (Ward) sets - in that case Health to boost the HP... (''Magic Destroyer'')...

I am SURE I didn't write all possible combinations - may some more experienced peps would find even more, but as I said at the start - lots of picks can be used...

Cheers,

W
    Witkacy-2631

In today's event: Flushy Tuesday you may try for one & only 25:

Hallow Ed

Don't worry be harpy

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by druid138 View Post
    You're right! I didn't see him. That's great news for me, as I have the CR but not him. He's a better fit for the Halloween month anyway.
    Its a possibility but far from a certainty. I've been thinking today its a decoy as the Ox is also pictured in the Arena by the looks of it and we know there is an arena event too. NF might be playing their cards close to their chest regarding who the Corrupted fragment event is based around. Personally I don't have any of the corrupt Assassin class 4* toons Harpy, Ox, CR or Droid so will gladly take any of them. Therefore as long its not a new character like an Assassin Corrupt Owl Cultist I'll be happy. Also as long as its not in BNW which is pretty unplayable atm.
    "Handing out the oranges in JomsVikings"

thealchemist-3575.