Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    OS
    Android
    I'm from the eternal city of Rome, ITALY !!!!

I'm a Maiden fan since 1986 !!

OS
    iOS
    Hi!, I´m from Chile, salutes!
    Name:  ironmaidendvdemi600_16558.jpg
Views: 218
Size:  214.8 KB
    yojo-5182

Quote Originally Posted by MoonShadow View Post
    ...One of the best ones released in the 90s (not a good period for metal, IMO)...
    Sorry to continue off topic and a bit late(forgot about this post), but i would disagree with this statement.
    IMO the 90's saw the birth of some of the best albums of metal i have heard till these days. let me name just a few examples: black metal-satyricon,behemoth,dissection,marduk,dimmu borgir,gehenna,bergthron(less famous,but i just love the song "uralte gedanken"!) dare i say Cradle of filth?...for some?
    and from doom metal i'll just mention my two favorite albums ever: Amorphis-Tales from the thousand lakes and Anathema-Serenades

But i'm also glad that there are black metal fans around!

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizrael View Post
    Sorry to continue off topic and a bit late(forgot about this post), but i would disagree with this statement.
    IMO the 90's saw the birth of some of the best albums of metal i have heard till these days. let me name just a few examples: black metal-satyricon,behemoth,dissection,marduk,dimmu borgir,gehenna,bergthron(less famous,but i just love the song "uralte gedanken"!) dare i say Cradle of filth?...for some?
    and from doom metal i'll just mention my two favorite albums ever: Amorphis-Tales from the thousand lakes and Anathema-Serenades

But i'm also glad that there are black metal fans around!
    Marduk is my favorite black metal band, so many great albums. I also love Watain, Deathspell Omega, Cult of Fire and so much more. The US has finally started to produce some good black metal with new bands like Uada, Pale Chalice, Panopticon and Wolves in the Throne Room of course. I got to see Amorphis play the entire 'Tales from the Thousand Lakes' album at Maryland Deathfest a couple of years ago, great experience. I have to check out Bergthron, missed them along the way somehow. Maybe we need to start a thread somewhere so us metal connoisseurs can recommend obscure bands to each other...
    Chaosego888-9998

Banned
    OS
    iOS
    I'd post here but no youtubes/videos allowed

Senior Member Ladyofshadow-6319's Avatar
    OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Jofer16 View Post
    I'd post here but no youtubes/videos allowed
    sorry jofer ,I did not consider activating the video option
    I'll see if I can change that.
    Daily Player

(Now,I only play my troopers five days a week
    Monday to Friday)

Champions:
    Eternity Eddie maxed
    Maxed (skills) Eddie ( Holy Smoke)
    Maxed (skills) Allied Bomber Boy

In progress:
    Pharaoh Dog King
    Warrior Undead Rescuer
    Magus Undead Rescuer
    Angel of Fear

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonShadow View Post
    I'm living in Romania, Transylvania region, the place where vampires dwell and hunt in the night, that place for which our favourite band dedicated a beautiful song on their debut album.

I'm one of them and I'm still hunting for that Vampire Hunter...

Surprised to see that no other romanians are on the board..?!
    Hi Moonshadow,
    I'm not from Romania but my wife is. She's from Cluj, originally from Dej. Where do you come from in Transylvania? Did you see Maiden when they played at Polus a few years ago? I wish I could go there but didn't get free from work back then. We were in Cluj about a week after they played to visit my mother in law. She's living in Floresti, so I could almost walk to Polus from there.
    Greetings from Germany, Pepp

BTW, I got the Vampire Hunter from that Eddie Event a few month ago. He was on the Tour Shirt from Cluj. I wish, I even had that shirt.
    Pepp-7418, daily player using all troopers daily

Banned
    OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Peppoah View Post
    Hi Moonshadow,
    I'm not from Romania but my wife is. She's from Cluj, originally from Dej. Where do you come from in Transylvania? Did you see Maiden when they played at Polus a few years ago? I wish I could go there but didn't get free from work back then. We were in Cluj about a week after they played to visit my mother in law. She's living in Floresti, so I could almost walk to Polus from there.
    Greetings from Germany, Pepp

BTW, I got the Vampire Hunter from that Eddie Event a few month ago. He was on the Tour Shirt from Cluj. I wish, I even had that shirt.
    This is possibly the greatest exchange in LotB forum history. Transylvania?? I'd give Moonshadow my VHE if I could. This is why I stick around, great people's from one stretch of the globe to the other. Brb gonna go drink some blood.

@Chaosego- Haha! no hard feelings about missing Bergthron...they never made it big(think they only made an EP) and the lyrics are in german,dedicated to pagan germanic god Wotan. but as someone on their YT video commented- this is how pagan metal should sound...

OS
    Android
    @Mizrael:
    Well… I have to admit that I was thinking mostly about the end of the 90s, when metal, as a genre, wasn’t as good as it was during the entire 80s, but maybe I shouldn’t compare in that way, as every decade has its own highs and lows. It’s a good subject for debate, anyway, I’ve always liked to discuss about, as I was thinking back then that everything related to metal will disappear someday, due to some disappointments from the favorite bands. For example, let’s take Iron Maiden, as their best albums were released in the 80s and what they’ve released during the 90s wasn’t so convincing as their 80s albums, and everyone expected that they will disband. Or Judas Priest, they’ve practically vanished for the most 90s and they didn’t reach their previous popularity with Jugulator.

Sure, speaking about black metal, that was the period for the genre, lots of bands and great albums, mostly from Sweden, Norway or Finland, but Greece and UK had their own gems, I still enjoy some old Cradle of Filth.

And those two albums you mentioned are still going strong in my playlists nowadays, loved them since their release. I’ve also got the opportunity to witness an Anathema gig in 1993, when Darren White was still their main man, they did an awesome performance, playing most of Serenades…. two or maybe three members were painted as a black metal band and they were storming the stage (I don’t think they’re still the same nowadays).

@Chaosego:
    It would be great to have such a thread here around, I’m always in search for good music. I’ve liked Uada’s debut album, I know about Panopticon & WitTR, but I didn’t listen too much to them, and I’ve heard for the first time now about Pale Chalice... I will check them out asap.

US has some good black metal, lately, aside Uada, there are more bands I currently like: Nightbringer, Pact & Nethervoid comes to mind right now, but there are some more.

@Pepp:
    Hello mate! So glad to hear that, we have beautiful women here, I’m sure you noticed it.
    I’ve been living in Cluj-Napoca, way back at the end of the 90s, but only for a brief beriod. It’s really a nice city and I’m still missing those days. I live currently in a small town near Hunedoara (where the Corvin Castle is located, maybe you heard about it), in the Hunedoara county, that’s located around 150 km from Cluj, maybe sometime when you’ll come to Romania and want to travel around, you may come here in this area, I can glady show you some nice places in this county.

I wasn’t been able to attend that Maiden concert, too, and I’ve been soooo angry for that, as I’ve had to go at a wedding... it was really a sad day for me, but I didn’t have no choice. I haven’t seen Maiden playing live and that was the closest place they’ve played. Life’s a bitch, sometime. Maybe that shirt was special made for that Transylvanian gig...?!

@Jofer:
    Thanks for your kind intention, it would’ve been a pleasure to accept such offer, sadly the devs don’t have the intention to make it happen, I would’ve give you something in exchange, but I don’t know if you need a character from this game... LoL@brb purpose..
    I wish for a talisman type converter