OS
    Android

A Sentinel Compromise? Visions vs Pharaoh

I've been hoping for some time now to pull a Pharaoh Eddie, and have been buying sentinel and legendary souls with every resource I can in hopes of a lucky draw. Well, I just pulled a Visions Eddie off a rare soul, of all things, and am wondering how these 2 Eddies compare. The main reason I wanted Pharaoh Eddie, aside from his strong physical defense (to protect him from warrior characters that would normally be a sentinel's weakness) was to serve as a healer/reviver alongside my Clairvoyant. I think the 2 of them complement each other in a very unique way; The Clairvoyant can group revive and heal with Fury, while Pharaoh Eddie can group revive and heal with power alone; this seems to make them almost impossible to overcome, except by a team that specializes on heal block and permadeath. I can think of a multitude of allies that could go along with this devastating duo, so I had mixed feelings when I saw that Visions Eddie appear. He does have a healing ability, as well as shielding and buff removal (between The Clairvoyant's basic and Vision's future basic, the enemy team should be left with little to no buffs to rely on.

But another thing I really admired about Pharaoh Eddie is his fury move; he can make your whole team INVINCIBLE! That's just ridiculous. Visions' AOE/self stun doesn't even compare in my opinion. I do like that "Equilibrium" move that heals/cleanses your team over time, but I'm still torn on the issue.

Anyway, I was just hoping to hear from some people who have experience with either or both of these Eddies before I invest any skill shards. Can Visions effectively take the place of Pharaoh as a defensive unit? Being that I don't have enough skill shards to max out either Eddie at this point anyway, I'm leaning toward waiting for a shell of a man that RNG God preserved, but maybe there's some skill or advantage to Visions Eddie that I haven't caught. I welcome any input, and my thanks in advance for any knowledge that is shared
    Last edited by HeadOnFire; 08-24-2017 at 02:25 AM.

OS
    Android
    Is this for PVE or PVE?
    There's also an older thread around discussing all Sentinel Eddies together, which you might want to take a look at.

I don't think Visions can take Pharaoh's place as a defensive unit because both operate very differently. Pharaoh does revival and invincibility well, and is better on offense because of his Hunt skill, while Visions is better at buff removal and cleansing. Pharaoh can do okay damage when sharded, but Visions' damage will always stay really bad. For that reason I don't really recommend sharding Visions (Equilibrium is nice to have sharded but it's risky).

One more tip on Visions: because no matter what you do your damage will be pathetic, give him support-oriented Talisman sets such as Energy, Blind, or Immunity (so he can cleanse the rest in PVP).
    Soldier blue in the barren wastes
    Reflecting and shielding's a game
    Wrecking the Axis and wasting the dogs
    The only good demons are tame

Kardas-1158. Retired

OS
    Android
    Okay, thanks a lot. I'll certainly take a look at that thread you linked for me, but you covered most of what I wanted to know. And I mostly had him in mind for PvP, but my 2 Pharaoh troopers have help me immensely in dungeon missions and certain story quests on Madness