OS
    Android

New ideas for a character event.

I just had the best idea for an event. Alright, so it'll be an event for a 5* character where you only find shards in Brave New World, Dungeon X, and you only get 5 at a time, now obviously we don't want them to pop up too often, let's make it about 5 shards every other couple dozen fights. Since this is a 5* character, it's worth more than every other character ever, so lets make it 500 fragments for one soul and this event will last 2 days. Let's have a 18 shard starter pack for 2500 ironite so that they have a head start and the character will be the Pharaoh Dog King. Sounds like the perfect plan, nothing will go wrong.

Seriously though, the events have been getting pretty ridiculous lately, I'm all for a little fun for some new toons, but when it's on a place where you get so little progress over the course of such a long time, it becomes more of a chore. The first few events that came along when I started the game were the PvP event for Nautical Souls and then after that came the Coming Home event, I didn't really partake in the first one because I had other things to do and that was also before I really cared about the game, but I was around for the second one and I thought it was awesome, the rewards were satisfying and I definitely knew that I worked for them and earned exactly what I worked for. And then some time after, came the Eddie event, and I only had enough ironite to give me 2 of them (Viking and Visions) but I still liked it, after that event happened is when I decided to start saving my ironite in case they did it again but instead of something grandiose and exciting, we got NboL, okay well I still brought home enough to make an exalted sacrifice. Then the Magus CotD, well maybe one or two, Sentinel Pyro Soldier, I only have time for one and I'm done, Kari, um, what? why are you doing this now? Magus Undead Rescuer, so we're not even battling for them now okay,

And don't forget the lovely soul events mixed in between them like Seer Souls, BNW Souls, Anniversary Souls, oh here's my favorite, the Mythical Soul, a one time offer that guarantees any 5* soul for the low, low price of $100 dollars, I mean why spend 100 bucks on something like ironite to give you the chance of more than 1 5* and plenty of others to sacrifice, or , you know, spend that on something you need in real life when you can have one of our many 5* characters that only about 3 of which you'll actually use? Best deal ever.

Well, I'm glad they finally gave us compensation for the Rescuer event. I'll be sure to use that 150 ironite on 3 more souls to hopefully finish my first Rescuer soul. After that I'll just be going casual until either I get a new phone, or when the devs make the events worthwhile again instead of forcing you to donate your time and money to characters that you'll only be able to get for the duration of the event. I'll be sure to give my forum friends the badges they deserve but the other ones whom I don't know will just have to drop me.
    Fearless leader of the Jomsvikings

Senior Member Ladyofshadow-6319's Avatar
    OS
    Android
    I love your idea, really great and innovative , I hope devs listen more to players
    Personally I almost did not participate in the events, because with every useless toon I've got I lose faith in the game
    I have spent many SOT and ironites but I do not have what I expected

Maybe it sounds crazy, but I want Iron Maiden as 5-star characters
    Last edited by Ladyofshadow-6319; 09-06-2017 at 10:33 PM.
    Daily Player

(Now,I only play my troopers five days a week
    Monday to Friday)

Champions:
    Eternity Eddie maxed
    Maxed (skills) Eddie ( Holy Smoke)
    Maxed (skills) Allied Bomber Boy

In progress:
    Pharaoh Dog King
    Warrior Undead Rescuer
    Magus Undead Rescuer
    Angel of Fear

OS
    Android
    I hear ya... Personally I haven't finished any of the fragment events, at all. It was obvious that it would take too long, and it would cost some ironite. I just take the free ones and convert them to precious fragments (which by the way, suck for the most part. Of all the precious souls i've used I've only got one 5* heart, all other times its a gold idol - fuck that gold idol. lol)

Anyway, my point is that i'm very picky on "events" I participate in. If it's gonna take me all day every day for a weekend to get a 4* character i'll never use I say F that, do the 50 troopers and log out. I refuse to let them add up my chore list with no "rewards".

One more thing... Every single "deal" I see in the store is a complete rip off. A few skill shards cost more than a new console game...
    Playing since the beginning, and I still DO NOT have these eddies:
    Cyborg
    Shaman
    VHE
    Navigator
    Tailgunner
    Hollowed

Current champ: Trooper.
    Brewtus-1572

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladyofshadow-6319 View Post
    I love your idea, really great and innovative , I hope devs listen more to players
    Personally I almost did not participate in the events, because with every useless toon I've got I lose faith in the game
    I have spent many SOT and ironites but I do not have what I expected

Maybe it sounds crazy, but I want Iron Maiden as 5-star characters
    I usually defend them when some things happen but for what happened this week there's just no good angle for this. I mean, the character himself sounds great, and when you pair him with Kari, they'll probably slay in the Garden of Fear, but fact is, you're giving more than your getting and, while that's an okay thing for when you want the game to be balanced, but when you spend 1500 ironite for 3 four star dupes and one legendary dupe and end up close to the original goal you had planned, and can't finish it because you have no more to give, they're basically twisting your arm to pay for the rest of it. Or when you make a big sacrifice, shoveling out 10 toons, maxed out and sharded, in return for one or two legendary souls or skill shards, that's not a balance, that's literally trading a sack of diamonds for a couple rocks.

But I like the idea of putting the band in the game lol, make them like Eternals but to a higher degree and have all be super op.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Dank Brew View Post
    I hear ya... Personally I haven't finished any of the fragment events, at all. It was obvious that it would take too long, and it would cost some ironite. I just take the free ones and convert them to precious fragments (which by the way, suck for the most part. Of all the precious souls i've used I've only got one 5* heart, all other times its a gold idol - fuck that gold idol. lol)

Anyway, my point is that i'm very picky on "events" I participate in. If it's gonna take me all day every day for a weekend to get a 4* character i'll never use I say F that, do the 50 troopers and log out. I refuse to let them add up my chore list with no "rewards".

One more thing... Every single "deal" I see in the store is a complete rip off. A few skill shards cost more than a new console game...
    Exactly! My first few precious souls were 5* hearts but after getting like, 3 of them. Almost all of my recent ones are 1* gold idols, I'd go for a 5* gold idol right now because I have a gold shortage at the moment but other than that they're useless. I'll only participate in a character event if it's something I don't have and would need but I doubt they'd actually make an event for something useful, last time they did that they nerfed him like a day later because he was dominating with those explosive talismans and his revenge

Senior Member Ladyofshadow-6319's Avatar
    OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Amarthir View Post
    I usually defend them when some things happen but for what happened this week there's just no good angle for this. I mean, the character himself sounds great, and when you pair him with Kari, they'll probably slay in the Garden of Fear, but fact is, you're giving more than your getting and, while that's an okay thing for when you want the game to be balanced, but when you spend 1500 ironite for 3 four star dupes and one legendary dupe and end up close to the original goal you had planned, and can't finish it because you have no more to give, they're basically twisting your arm to pay for the rest of it. Or when you make a big sacrifice, shoveling out 10 toons, maxed out and sharded, in return for one or two legendary souls or skill shards, that's not a balance, that's literally trading a sack of diamonds for a couple rocks.

But I like the idea of putting the band in the game lol, make them like Eternals but to a higher degree and have all be super op.
    Much to give and little to receive in my opinion, since you mention Kari, I wanted to get her really I played BNW but I did not get a fragment for the soul of Valkyrie
    maybe I should have spent my ironite in fragments to have her soul?

I want when I buy a soul I get something good not a dupe of 3 stars
    I've seen that many players really strive to complete the challenges or get the characters from the events, but not me, an example was the Event of Eddie Navigator , I love this Eddie, but unfortunately I did not get him.

I totally agree with you, They would be eternal (much better than the eternal ones we have)
    Also, LOL would be epic to have the game band as characters, who does not want a Bruce of eternity?
    Last edited by Ladyofshadow-6319; 09-06-2017 at 11:26 PM.
    Daily Player

(Now,I only play my troopers five days a week
    Monday to Friday)

Champions:
    Eternity Eddie maxed
    Maxed (skills) Eddie ( Holy Smoke)
    Maxed (skills) Allied Bomber Boy

In progress:
    Pharaoh Dog King
    Warrior Undead Rescuer
    Magus Undead Rescuer
    Angel of Fear

OS
    Android
    Correct me if I'm wrong. Your idea is to get 500 fragments farming BNW X 200-300 battles within 2 days? I'm not counting ironite for refills, but if average fight will take about 3-4 minutes, 300x4=1200 minutes, 20 hours, 10 hours per day .... really?
    Daily player ...

Current champion - Iron Maiden Eddie

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris-0707 View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong. Your idea is to get 500 fragments farming BNW X 200-300 battles within 2 days? I'm not counting ironite for refills, but if average fight will take about 3-4 minutes, 300x4=1200 minutes, 20 hours, 10 hours per day .... really?
    Wait it's still possible to win my event? Maybe I should make it 1 fragment instead of 5... Lol but that's the joke and I wouldn't be surprised if they actually did something like that, from what I've gathered it was already really difficult farming for Kari, and if they plan on putting more events in BNW, then they should really change the rarity or at least general quantity of fragments. That way you're not spending all day fighting crashes for one person.