Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by druid138 View Post
    Thanks for your reply on this and the other topics. The altar definitely does take some of the sting out of getting 10 3*s for 900 Ironite. But, I have to disagree with your "a lot of value" comment. 1700 Essence is less than 2% of a Vortex fill. My particular 10 dupes gave me 10 5* Yellow Runes from the altar. Better than gold, for sure. But, anyway you slice it, 900 Ironite is a big hit for that return.
    That is true, but don't forget there's a lot of factors that'll make getting more than just 1700 essence from a single batch of 10:

• One or more characters are Eddies (much more essence from those)
    • Using XP and/or evo shards to level up and evolve (can easily double essence per character depending on how much you want to invest)
    • One or more characters are Gunner/Assassins (a bit more essence compared to Warriors/Magus/Sentinels)
    • One or more characters are 4 star or 5 star dupes (that can massively boost a single sacrifice to a higher tier, or you can save multiple high-rarity dupes and go for the higher quantities/more exclusive rewards that are available at higher tiers)
    • That sacrifice could reward you back one or more Rare Souls (which effectively is another chance at a high-rarity character, or bare minimum 10% more essence than what a pull otherwise looks like)

Since a lot of long term players are still swimming in Gold and XP/Evo shards (at least the lower tier stuff), a bit of busywork can massively improve your fodder's sacrifice value, which could halve the character investment needed for your next Vortex. It's definitely true that the result still could be a small pile of materials that you don't need, but it could also turn into a Rare Soul that could get you a Valkyrie, or a different Eddie or Ally you don't have.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazypants View Post
    I feel your pain. Spent 3k got none of the new hentai toons and mostly trash but I did get my first Assassin Eddie, storm Eddie. Was able to fill the vortex and got 20 GA souls and 2 skill shards and nothing but junk out of them. Sacrificed everything for 6 more rare souls that gave me more junk. Least i got a new Eddie right? Went to check him out and realized I accidentally sacrificed him. Ugh Fuck my dumb luck.
    Absolute horror story, dude. Now I feel like I don't have a right to complain.
    druid138-6195
    Sunrise Senjutsu Eddie
    Pity me none
    at the gates of our hell

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Thedarkness View Post
    Umm, my game logo makes it look like I have an x rated hentai app installed on my phone
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparton_LOTB View Post

The Valkyries are definitely a bit of a departure from the designs of other characters in the game, but we wanted to push ourselves into a bit of a different territory while still tying into the theme of the Brave New World. Brutal Eddies, evil demons, badass soldiers, etc will still be a mainstay of the game, but as we add more and more characters, we also want to speak to the preferences of all kinds of players, including potential new players. We definitely appreciate your guys' feedback and criticisms, though, and we'll keep that in mind as we continue to add new characters into the game.
    I don't mind playing a game that sexually objectifies half its female characters. I don't even mind The Clairvoyant appearing in all the promo ads with her cloak open to reveal all that extra busty cleavage that totally isn't there in-game. But these "Valkyries" just look so cartoon-ish that it's just creepy. I really hope they get updated, quickly, to look more human or less hentai-sexual.
    Last edited by HeadOnFire; 08-26-2017 at 12:23 AM.

OS
    Android
    < . . . good points about ways to get more than just 1700 essence from a single batch of 10 . . . >
    Fair enough. I've never considered the extra Essence worth powering up characters just for Sacrifice. I'm on a quest to get all but a few characters up to Level 100. So, the XP shards will be valuable for a long time. But, your comments are making me realize the additional opportunity costs of my quest.
    druid138-6195
    Sunrise Senjutsu Eddie
    Pity me none
    at the gates of our hell

OS
    Android
    I am sure its known but want to point out endure, roulette and other not attack moves are still triggering counters.

OS
    iOS
    Just tested the assassin valkyrie of a trooper. Ridiculously OP removing effects and stunning like crazy. She will dominate pvp I'm calling it right now.

Quote Originally Posted by HeadOnFire View Post
    I don't mind playing a game that sexually objectifies half its female characters. I don't even mind The Clairvoyant appearing in all the promo ads with her cloak open to reveal all that extra busty cleavage that totally isn't there in-game. But these "Valkyries" just look so cartoon-ish that it's just creepy. I really hope they get updated, quickly, to look more human or less hentai-sexual.
    I knew something was different! For some reason I never noticed the ads had cleavage and in game she didn't. Then again, you never really go back to relive story moments. I always focuesed on her being 2 feet taller and losing the sleeves for bracers. Hm... In game cutscenes have been replaced with the toon version. She's no longer got spina bifida while carrying the orb.

OS
    iOS
    The Valkyries are definitely a bit of a departure from the designs of other characters in the game, but we wanted to push ourselves into a bit of a different territory while still tying into the theme of the Brave New World. Brutal Eddies, evil demons, badass soldiers, etc will still be a mainstay of the game, but as we add more and more characters, we also want to speak to the preferences of all kinds of players, including potential new players. We definitely appreciate your guys' feedback and criticisms, though, and we'll keep that in mind as we continue to add new characters into the game.
    Thanks for the reply and acknowledging our opinions.

I can deal with the sexualisation of females characters in the game. I think there is better ways to portray female characters in the game but it's not the worst thing ever. But I feel these ones just look bad. HeadOnFire summed up my opinion on it. They look far too creepy as they look for too hentai-sexual. Which not what I associate with this game. The sexualisation of the Clairvoywant was okay because even though it was obvious, it was subtle enough that she still fit in with the theme of the game, the other characters in the game and not all female characters in the game are like that. The Corrupt Rescuers are great because they look like they belong in the game and have that feel of Iron Maiden imagery. To me, esspecially as they aren't strictly related to the game, the Valkyries don't.

Get Eddie back as the app icon though please!

And in your response to Bradata about Skills Shards, I appreciate Skill Shards are one of the ultimate things in the game and you intend to keep them as a premium item, which I agree with. But would a Skill Shard event ever happen? Something like that 5* Eddie event in LoL but for Skill Shards. I think an event like that would be a great event for everyone.

OS
    Android
    Second that, would love to have a skill shard event I could grind for. Feel bad I blew 20+ skill shards on vampire hunter now just to compete in arena only for the extra turn nerf after one week.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezz View Post
    Just tested the assassin valkyrie of a trooper. Ridiculously OP removing effects and stunning like crazy. She will dominate pvp I'm calling it right now.
    I've had a chance to try them all and agree the purple is the most fun.

But dominate PvP is a strong term. It was said before beta about the Gunner CotD - then it was said about GCR - etc.

I think the only toon that had that phrase appropriately applied was the Prisoner - he DID establish a strong line between the haves and the have-nots.

This toon has base 7000ish HP - and typical Assassin low def and mr - she's going to go down easy. And if there's no beneficials on a target - as is often the case after the first round - she won't be effective.

Is she a great toon? Yes - there has to be a "best of the bunch" like Wrath was the best Eternal - but will GMAC or Kamuz be lower in the PvP rankings if they don't have her?

Absolutely not.

In fact I suffered two straight losses to Kamuz - my third and fourth of the week - figuring out a team for her - perfect testing ground cause he has one of the best defenses around.
    Nicko-0517