Thread: Time to Go

OS
    iOS

Time to Go

After playing for a little more than a year, it's time for me to go. Not gonna say "forever," and I am not sacrificing my roster and selling off everything. Over the last couple of months, I have already whittled down my trooper list from a full 50 to only 20.

It's been coming for a while for me, and I am just stubborn enough (especially since I have spent real money on this game) to keep holding on in hopes of some kind of miraculous improvement or addition that would breathe new life into LotB.

I've come to a few conclusions about this game. No doubt NF inherited some shit code when they took over the game. It was a buggy mess before they got hold of it (who else remembers when the server wouldn't remember your talisman leveling up, but sure as shit would remember you spending the gold and runes on it?), and it continues to be buggy even after fixes are sent out (how many attack wins did you have last week?). To me, this means that either the code is so messed up that this is the way things will always be, or NF staff just isn't good enough to fix it.

It sucks if either of those is true.

I also just don't believe that NF knows how to really run a game like this. I say this because there have been plenty of misfires of events (a new store option that costs any kind of currency, real or in game, is not an event, its a sale) and some squandered opportunities.

The worst squandered opportunity to me is the entire Trooper system. A strong Trooper system could make this a far better game. The game became much more enjoyable to me AFTER I dropped my roster down. That seems totally counterproductive to a game that is supposed to be catering to a fan base of a band. No in game chat/messaging to fellow Troopers? How does that make sense? Opening up new areas with SoT costs that make it even harder to meet the Trooper commitments is also a bad design choice.

It should never be a chore to help out your friends, in real life or in a game, yet how many times have players described working through their Trooper list as exactly that?

I would have quit much earlier if it wasn't for my Troopers, and some of the other players in this game. When I saw Maiden this past year, I was reminded that Maiden fans are some of the coolest and nicest people around. And that includes many of the folks that play this game.

So to Nicko, Saulki (your alt was a Trooper for a while, and your dedication to this game can not be overstated), Tom, Tex, Educated Fool, AgeEquillian (always first with the new toons it seemed), Nifelheim (caught the Maiden tour opener with him), caretakerii, Heavy, James, R1ck, and of course yogsothoth (my handle is after Randolph Carter) and the others left on my list and who have been on it before: thanks guys. You made this game much better.

Peace out, and good luck to all ya'll!

OS
    Android
    Agree with all you said, I don't know if this game were on another depeveloper team hands, different would be the story and our enjoyment.

Take care and good luck
    If you come back send me a request.

OS
    iOS
    It sucks to see another trooper quit, but very understandable. I agree with everything you've pointed out and often asked myself why i continue. One reason is i've also have been running with a low number of troopers since january.
    Anyway, thanks for all the trooperpoints during this long run, i'll keep playing your VHE for a while (just in case)

tex \,,/
    Örder of Eld: Sanctuary for players that can live without mandatory Discord-sessions and pow-wows

OS
    Android
    wish you all the best man, hope you will be back one day. the really frustrating thing is that everything you mentioned is well known for months and still no changes in such major issues like trooper usage. this system forces the burnout of many great players and what is more important of many great people.

i really hope they will do something about this soon...OTOH we all know what "soon" means in this game

anyway have a good time and enjoy your break

don't be a mofo and join the mofos.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.

OS
    Android
    It really sucks to see long-time players quitting but frankly everything you put in the OP is how I feel myself, and I'd be gone already if I didn't feel an urge to not let my troopers down.
    Seems like every day it feels more like work and not like play, and I can't be bothered with it much longer.
    Godspeed RCarter, may life treat you well.
    Ian-5547
    I used to play all my troopers every day
    All grind and no respite makes me sad
    One day, I may return

OS
    iOS
    Black Steel said it best when he stated "Every dedicated player that leaves should be seen by NF as a failure and something to think about and fix"

It's the foundation of every successful business - a satisfied customer. A raving fan.

Not being a "gamer" and more just a Maiden fan perhaps that's not the business model mobile games follow. But it's discouraging to see post after post where great long term players are just hanging it up.

We're now seeing several a week.

You were a great Trooper and championed the Prisoner even before he was the single most polarizing topic in PvP. You and he kind of go hand in hand - and that's a pretty cool association

Best of luck!
    Nicko-0517

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicko View Post
    Black Steel said it best when he stated "Every dedicated player that leaves should be seen by NF as a failure and something to think about and fix"
    Hehe, if it hasn't already, maybe this should be added to the looong list of bugs
    Örder of Eld: Sanctuary for players that can live without mandatory Discord-sessions and pow-wows

There's a time to live, and a time to take a break..

Up the irons!