Felt like hitting the keyboard because last week was quite the performance. Many, many thanks to Mjmxiii for keeping this thread going - and stole your revolving title idea . Very much appreciated!

But the real story of the week was the battle for Eternal. Kamuz – an amazing player who’s had some of the nastiest defenses around – darted up towards the end of the week and established a commanding lead. But then Carlos – a beast of a climber – began his ascent and never looked back. Weeks like this are what PvP is about. Kamuz has said before he works some Saturdays – and that may have come into play – but both players deserve huge props for a truly spirited competition.

The arena itself? Yawn. We’re back in Mummy Eddie days. The defense of the day?

VHE – Red Buzz – SSD – Wrath

Over. And over. And over.

Obviously it’s working – cause people are leaving it in – but I can’t believe another meta change isn’t in order. We saw the start with the release of the Valkyries. There’s always one difference maker – and this time she’s purple. My losses this week were generally trying to figure this Purple Valkyrie out. She’s not easy and not I’m not convinced I have her figured out – and that’s a good thing.

People ARE mixing in other toons – but the above defense is far too repetitive.

I have many 5* Eddies – and right now I use one. There’s something wrong with that.

Forum members have said on another thread “Please don’t nerf VHE – he’s too much fun – make the other Eddies better”

I’m fine with that – but honestly? – I can’t see it happening. Too much work for an already overtaxed NF team that has a lot on it’s plate. Pulling out Shaman Eddie – Aces High – Mystic – cause they’re as formidable as VHE would be so cool – but the odds are almost zero. I see NF either releasing another Eddie or two as competition – or making an adjustment on VHE. I’d love to be wrong.

I have a friend who is a great player – very smart and often top 10 – and until yesterday he had a 100% win rate. He ended up losing one battle yesterday – but point being that VHE is making things too easy. We should not be seeing 100% win rates. A new character like the purple Valkyie may get quickly labeled as overpowered – but if she’s taking your wins from 99% to 98%, I think that’s a tough argument to make. We need some challenge. I personally hope more like her come along.

I’m not commenting on bugs – plenty of threads for that though I know it’s affecting people’s experiences. I’d much rather hear thoughts on the current PvP environment.

Should VHE’s dominance be handled?
Are you finding the defenses repetitive?
Suggestions for NF?

Thanks everyone and see you in the arena!