Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    OS
    Android
    I would love this though i think they have to up the amount of fragments for a soul to get that kind of choice for some of these. I still be all for it though.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by JJJ428 View Post
    I would love this though i think they have to up the amount of fragments for a soul to get that kind of choice for some of these. I still be all for it though.
    I would be willing to collect more frags to have the choice of a soul or a char. As it is right now, and I mean, bless my fellow troopers who are trying to keep things positive, its tough to have a sunny disposition when they keep stormy shitclouds over us all...

I believe we would all appreciate more than just a "should I stay or should I go" choice.

We all have stuck by the game because we love Maiden, not because of the lack of options or bugs. Plenty of decent bug free games out there... So many little tweaks they could make to open things up that would be huge for all of us. Doing something like that would reinvigorate the game and make PvP a whole hell of lot more interesting. And if NF reads this, yeah... the game needs something awesome to happen that is more than just event-based collectables.

Make the game the real Beast! We all want to see what this thing is like at full potential! Think about it... its nowhere near its potential and we all play the living shit out of the thing.. imagine how many more people would sign up if it was firing on all cylinders.
    If you're gonna die, die with your boots on
    mjmxiii-1619

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmxiii View Post
    While a 50% price drop across the board would be great for us consumers, I doubt that NF will opt to reduce their earning potential by half. What they should do is give us the option to select characters with fragment claims. They should have two seperate buttons that read "Claim Character" and "Claim Soul" accordingly, that way when we get a required amount of specific frags, we get to pick a char or a soul. I'll break it down...

Eternity Soul Frags
    Select one of the Eternal characters when required amount of frags are collected to immediately join your team.

Immortal Soul Frags
    Select any 5* character (excludes Eternal characters) when required amount of frags are collected to immediately join your team.

Legendary Soul Frags
    Select any 4* character when required amount of frags are collected to immediately join your team.
    Give us the option to claim a legendary soul and take our chances with RNG to get a 5* character of any class. (excludes Eternal characters)

Rare Soul Frags
    Select any 3* character when required amount of frags are collected to immediately join your team. (excludes G/A characters)
    Give us the option to claim a rare soul and take our chances with RNG to get a 4* or 5* character of Warrior, Sentinel or Magus class. (excludes Eternal characters)

G/A Soul Frags
    Select any 3* G/A character when required amount of frags are collected to immediately join your team.
    Give us the option to claim a G/A soul and take our chances with RNG to get a 4* or 5* G/A character. (excludes Eternal characters)

Magus, Sentinel and Warrior Soul Frags
    Select any 3* character of associated class when required amount of frags are collected to immediately join your team.
    Give us the option to claim the associated soul and take our chances with RNG to get a 4* or 5* character of associated class. (excludes Eternal characters)

All the event souls like the "excellent" Blue Undead Turd and Blue Hentai events of the past few weeks would still "work" the same way. I mean if we're talking about them losing half their earning potential, this would be a bit more reasonable for everyone and I think it would help newer players more than it would hurt them. It would also help those of us collectors who have suffered through the terrible RNG finally see the light at the end of this never ending tunnel.
    As much as I like the idea, I can assure you this is not going to happen. If you look into the psychological aspects of (free to play) games you will see that there are several important points you need to consider to get people addicted - or let's give it a nicer name - hooked to a game. The most important ones being:

1. as much physical interaction with the screen as possible. i.e. if a battel is over you touch the screen to see the treasures you won, you touch the screen again to get to the "replay" or "advance" buttons you have to touch the screen to chose from these and than you have to touch the screen to get a trooper on your team and you touch it again to start the battle. All this could be put into two screens. But that would be a "bad" psychological choice. Also these games always have "deep" menus. To improve a Talisman you have to touch your screen 6 times! Any communication expert would go berserk if you had to go 6-clicks deep on a website to find the information you require.

2. appeal to the "hunter and gatherer" within the players. This ancient creatures still lurk somewhere deep within us and by making things based on RNG you get them to continue to gather. If the first bush has enough berries for the tribe you will go back to cave. But if it hasn't you will stroll through the entire plain if necessary.

3. get the players committed to the game. This can best be achieved by creating a sense of "obligation" not to the game but to the community. Since we are Troopers you are this obligation for me and vice versa. We feel the urge not to disappoint our fellow badge hunters and therefore get back into grinding every day.

These examples made, you can tell that NF know exactly what they are doing, which is why the will always appeal to the "hunter and gatherer" in us, by making souls something you might find in front of the cave or on the other side of the valley, hell maybe you will have to leave the fucking valley and join the clan on the other side of the mountains to find a certain character. That's also the reason why there always will be new overpowered characters (purple hentai babe) because that is what keeps those not in possession of these specific characters going. (it's also the reason why playing 10 Troopers at once will never happen but that's not the subject here)

However I think there should be one exception to this rule and maybe NF would consider it: There are several legendary souls and rare souls that can make a difference but with the Eternals, every single one can make a difference and for players in lower ranks it will take two months to get one! Now finally opening your second eternal souls and already having a dupe is not motivating if you think to the future and realise that now it will take you no less then 10 months to get all 4. So why not leave the RNG system in place but say after your 5th eternal soul you can choose? That would keep the hunter going but it would also give him the security that after a long and so far unsuccessful hunt he will eventually be rewarded.
    Inishmore-8627

OS
    Android
    Yeah its about as likely as them reducing their earning potential by 50% but I figured since we were shooting for the stars, why not lol.. ya know what's really weird? If this was not a Maiden thing I would never have downloaded it. Took some time to get into it too as games don't really do much for me...

Now, a year later lol... after sharding GR, FotD and VHE Eds back-to-back and summoning the CG, can say that I'm over many apsects of the game but yet, I still feel obliged to help my troops out. Like so many have said, its now one of the only reasons to continue. So I see what you mean when referencing a hunter-gatherer notion and how they build these games to keep us going for so long. At some point this will be another addiction that gets kicked as well.

Wouldnt mind going eternal before its time to move on but with so many great players in the arena, that may be the greatest challenge the game has left for me ..next to sticking around through all the ups and downs of course. Thanks for the thoughts, well said and a good read.
    If you're gonna die, die with your boots on
    mjmxiii-1619

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Inishmore View Post

However I think there should be one exception to this rule and maybe NF would consider it: There are several legendary souls and rare souls that can make a difference but with the Eternals, every single one can make a difference and for players in lower ranks it will take two months to get one! Now finally opening your second eternal souls and already having a dupe is not motivating if you think to the future and realise that now it will take you no less then 10 months to get all 4. So why not leave the RNG system in place but say after your 5th eternal soul you can choose? That would keep the hunter going but it would also give him the security that after a long and so far unsuccessful hunt he will eventually be rewarded.
    yep i guess you nailed it pretty good. they want to keep us playing and psychology is a big part. so yeah the obligation/the community, the chasing characters part, this all should make us addicted and it works pretty well cannot even blame someone for that, that's the business model and everyone is responsible for himself.

that's why i don't get the demotivational part whick drives us away from the game like the eternal and the sacrifice problematic.

if you punch your players often enough they will quit addicted or not. you have to drop them a bone from time to time.
    so the eternal selection every 5th soul is an awesome idea. i really think it deserves an extra thread. you would take the disappointment of getting the 4th claire in a row much better if you would know that you could select your eternal the next time. this shouls be a win win situatiuon for all.

don't be a mofo and join the mofos.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by slauki View Post
    yep i guess you nailed it pretty good. they want to keep us playing and psychology is a big part. so yeah the obligation/the community, the chasing characters part, this all should make us addicted and it works pretty well cannot even blame someone for that, that's the business model and everyone is responsible for himself.

that's why i don't get the demotivational part whick drives us away from the game like the eternal and the sacrifice problematic.

if you punch your players often enough they will quit addicted or not. you have to drop them a bone from time to time.
    so the eternal selection every 5th soul is an awesome idea. i really think it deserves an extra thread. you would take the disappointment of getting the 4th claire in a row much better if you would know that you could select your eternal the next time. this shouls be a win win situatiuon for all.
    Agree 100%.
    This is what not to do if your bird shits on you.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrice-1201 View Post
    This week the situation has reached new heights with the event bug and the accumulation of so many other little issues that things can only be positive going forward. I believe this was the necessary wake up call for NF and realistically not much has to be done.

Of course the goal of NF is to make a profit and we should not be angry at this. Without profit there is no game.

What should be looked at however is the pricing and way things are done. I am quite sure that by dividing their prices by 2, NF will sell 3 times more and therefore have more satisfied users and more cash in th bank. If things weren't that expensive we would not be complaining this much. What we are all after is value for money.

I also think it is time for NFto make a real gesture towards the community. Release a new Eddie and make him available to all for free, this will shut us up for a while ;-)

Anyway here's to hoping for drastic improvements!
    You are so right, no one spends 100+ dollars on a phone game, be real. 100$ is a lot of money. 'power up your valkarie' €40 and you get 2 skill shards. 2. At LEAST give enough to actually MAX her out. €40 is still a lot of money for what you get in return... Jesus...
    "Undercover of the veil of your disguise
    The men that fear you are the ones that you despise
    No one's certain what you future will behold
    You're a legend you own story will be told"

floki-4148

OS
    iOS
    Anything that would better the chance of getting anything usefull or something i'm missing, will be welcomed. I've stopped buying anything from the store to save myself the dissapointment. I collect various ressources and just to remind me of the state of things, i buy a 10 soul pack at the events and get the same 3* chars as usual. When the red eyes finally appear it's usually a dupe

In a recent thread/post, some true words were written. Something like: I've got money to spend and now you need to give me a reason to do so"

And finally, even with the steady stream of unresolved bugs and doubtful events, i still like the game, even if i sometimes ask myself why i bother to continue \,,/
    Örder of Eld: Sanctuary for players that can live without mandatory Discord-sessions and pow-wows