Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: PvP: Attrition

Banned
    OS
    iOS
    Getting real on this one, the founding fathers are concerned, so I'll give my last heartfelt input.

For me it boils down to 3 main issues, probably in order of importance for why I left and continue to stay away:

1) Arena system is horrible. I don't even need to explain the reasons, they've been discussed ad nauseam, with plenty of quality solutions proposed.

2) Bugs. Also, nothing more to add, it's clear NF will never get a hold on them and limp this game along. It's more important to find and exploit bugs than it is to discover the true meta of the game.

3) Lack of content. People can propose cool ideas all day long, new worlds, awesome new gaming modes, new social aspects, but just like the bugs, it's clear NF can't handle any of this either. See BNW as a Prime case study, most mobile games push out new real content constantly. here? Oh you'll have to wait a year and even then it'll be broke. Again just limping along with cash grab events to distract people that don't know any better.

All of the above are why I switched to a new game, which solves all of these issues for me, if NF could produce quality even for a month I'd be back. I can see why people like MJM like it and continue to stay, cool music and graphics, but the actual game doesn't hold water past collecting stuff anymore. It's built to waste time while you're riding the bus or taking a shit. For someone like me who comes from a gaming background and isnt just a blind Maiden fan, there are just so many better options out there.

I toyed with leaving for months and figured things would get better, course was never corrected by NF so I switched to more satisfying avenues for my gamer side. I'd rather play F2F and listen to Maiden lol. Cool music and graphics just isn't enough for me. I need a game to play that isn't broke, misleading, border line bait and switch.

And meta changes exist in all games, but here it's just way too extreme and frequent, other games do it with much more grace. Unless you're king whale who has every toon imaginable and resources at your disposable this is a model for a pissed off player base. I've played tons of other meta based games for over a decade and what I've seen here is exponentially worse in all aspects. There is no quality testing of decisions made, knee jerk reactions, we are the testers. Despite all the rage, we are still just rats in a cage.

I think they are better off at this point just making cool characters to collect and squashing bugs to keep the Maiden fans happy. They can't handle pleasing them and gamers like me at the same time and just rush shit out so it's a perpetual cycle of broken stuff and disappointment.

Same discussions, same complaints, same responses from NF, month after month with no change. I'm starting to wonder if long standing forum members suffer from amnesia lol The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting different results, I just couldn't take it anymore.

Hope this doesn't classify as a rant Nicko, tried to lay out my honest reasons for leaving and staying away and be as real as I can positive or negative aside. I'd be positive and propose solutions, but they've already been discussed so many times by Tritium, etc there's really no need anymore. Sat on the merry go round for too long, until I see change in the game, and not just words, it'll get my real attention.

Love Maiden, but I have other ways of supporting the band if I desire, and since I'm a gamer who knows better, supporting a broke game isn't it. I can't count how many times I used to end posts with hope or give NF encouragement, but nothing ever changes, again, only action will change my mind at this point.

This game was never ready for someone like me and still isn't, when my passion for Maiden met my passion for gaming. Maidens held a pivotal role throughout my life for as long as I can remember, same with gaming. But I exhausted the game aspect with LotB after realizing there's nothing there. The least I can hope for you guys, because you're all amazing people and deserve some competition, is that until NF can make a real game, someone else with passions for both like myself might come along and spark energy until things are fixed, if they ever are. The players make the game.

For now, I'm tired boss. Like Gmac said, with this game the better you are, the more PvP system and meta changes you'll get slapped with by NF. It's a game for collectors, not gamers.

Hallowed be the name of us gamers, the Sands of Time for us ran out long ago. action is the only resolution now, forum communication is a dead end, Tritium, etc confirmed that. I'm not in the camp of "oh but NF communicates with us so there's hope!". Distraction for fools. I'd say I hope NF is listening, but been there done that, at the end of my rope until I see real change, 5 o clock came, and good friends with the LotB gallows pole...

OS
    Android
    Ditto! Collecting & that's it! Basically farm LoL 4 reg souls & play around with sacrifice...yawn! Still way more fun than freezing! Oh, & troopers too of course!
    Last edited by Silentknight; 09-11-2017 at 02:35 AM.
    Those that can...do
    Those that can't...teach
    Silentknight-4997, # of times laid since July/16...lots!!!
    Hahahaha, pathetic that some have to sell themselves as troopers

OS
    Android
    Jofer, I think no one could said this better.

Even when NF do something, they do it wrong way (BNW, last couple "events" and promos). There is thousands of ideas out here (an arena mode of only 3* toons, "Blue Eyes League" anyone?).

But they can't handle the game.

For me, the game is still something incomplete, since we can't farm souls (nor frags). There so much potencial, and none realized.

Couldn't have said better, bro. But I'm a madman, until some of my other 3 games installed take over me for real.

(I will stay off again here. Hate to post rant n negativeness)
    Last edited by Zapathusara; 09-11-2017 at 03:05 AM.
    In-game nick: Ravy-8961
    Daily PvP player.

"The punishment is death for all who lives."

Se você está lendo esta mensagem, existe uma chance de você ser brasileiro(a). Envie uma mensagem privada para mim qualquer hora. Estamos recrutando...

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Jofer16 View Post
    Hope this doesn't classify as a rant Nicko, tried to lay out my honest reasons for leaving and staying away and be as real as I can positive or negative aside.
    Actually I think it's the best post you've ever written. Thanks for posting.

In fact coming back and reading this thread after being away all afternoon - the effort people are putting into transforming their thoughts into words is inspiring - it shows the passion people have for Iron Maiden - which extends to this game. I hope NF is reading closely. There are a combination of recurring themes and great suggestions - a goldmine for the developers.

Top businesses use surveys to better themselves - and in the process better the experience for their customers.

NF - consider this thread your survey...
    Nicko-0517

Banned
    OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Zapathusara View Post
    Couldn't have said better, bro. But I'm a madman, until some of my other 3 games installed take over me for real.
    Thanks friend, and yes, misery loves company, its the glue that keeps this game together.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Jofer16 View Post
    Thanks friend, and yes, misery loves company, its the glue that keeps this game together.

Can we play with madness?

Lol, agree with Nicko. Your best post, and a hell of survey for free to NF. Dunno what happens with their team (but Michelle is the best)
    Last edited by Zapathusara; 09-11-2017 at 03:48 AM. Reason: Im too dumb to write
    In-game nick: Ravy-8961
    Daily PvP player.

"The punishment is death for all who lives."

Se você está lendo esta mensagem, existe uma chance de você ser brasileiro(a). Envie uma mensagem privada para mim qualquer hora. Estamos recrutando...

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicko View Post
    I’ve said before – I’m a Maiden fan, not a “gamer” – so my experience with this matter is zero. Perhaps it’s simply inevitable – the way these mobile games work – and nothing else to say. But perhaps that’s NOT the case – and what can be done!
    Me too. Big Maiden fan who played this game just because it was Iron Maiden and I had a slight bit of experience in a freemium game before. I feel there is an inevitablity that these games work very similarly but there's no reason to do any anything about it.

My only experience in Freemium gaming was with Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes, which I stopped playing and moved onto this.

I played that from February '16 to August '16 when I quit because of major update I hated and started playing this. But honestly I don't feel there is many differences in how this game goes to my experiences in that, other than one major thing. Content. Lack of content is what is killing this game.

Both game had bugs. Granted this has more, but every update on SWGOH there was a list of bug fixes nearly as long as this and some bugs that took months to fix. Both were made to grind levels to get rewards, both had poor drop rates and both were pay to win. The in game curreny and rewards in LOTB are much more achievable than in SWGOH. You'd be complaining of never having enough gold in that, not too much. Meta changes happened, but never as regularly as this.

But SWGOH had plenty of things to do. Dark and Lightside missions, Arena, Galactic War, Daily Quests, Guilds, Cantina Battles and when I quit, Mods had just been created. Since then even more has been created. You had so much to do but because of that no one character was amazing in all areas. You'd get a deep roster and would get use of lots of characters in a variety of game modes. Not that you could compete in them all though because you would never have enough Gold to power up characters.

This doesn't have that because it just doesn't have enough game content and what game content there is can be achieved with about 10 characters. Could say I'm being geneous there too.

Biggest thing this game needs to do in my opinion is get new content out. New content means more use for all the characters we have and more importantly might get more players. Maybe some old players back too.

Get Night City and more story worlds added.

Create some other competition mode other than Arena to play. Some other reason to grind through levels over and over again to build up toons.

Stop trying to get toons to be great in all modes. One is amazing for PVE but awful at PVP? Leave it at that. Toon not amazing in either? Leave him be and make a new game mode where it and similar toons will be amazing in there.

SWGOH was released in Nov '15 and from then to when I quit there was all those game modes I previously listed. More than enough to keep playing. From when LOTB started to now, there has only been LoL, Arena and BNW added. Yes we've had missions added, but no new ones to do for a while now. But for how long this game has been out there's not enough content to keep people motivated. Grinding over levels in these just to try and compete in the arena will kill peoples motivation eventually. Especially when the top rewards are out of reach for the majority.

Drop rates on this are very similar to SWGOH, in fact maybe even better and so much else is similar too. It's just the lack of new game modes are killing this game imo. Lots of character events are nice and something to do but are just papering over the cracks.

Get new content and new game modes out, more regularly and with less bugs and this game will be much more enjoyable.

Sorry for the ramble. Just my 2 cents on what this game is like compared to my other experience on a similar game. I don't want LOTB to become SWGOH and I'm well aware SWGOH has a much bigger budhet. Just only game I could compre it too.

I think LOTB was on track to be an amazing game, it's just veered wildly off track and I'm not sure if the developers know what to do to get it back on track.
    I shoot the gunner first.
    Aces High, Cyborg, Doomsday, Hallowed, Navigator, Tailgunner, Soldier
    Beast, Eternity, Iron, Killers, Rainmaker, Storm, Vampire Hunter
    Alexander The Great, Coalgiver, Clansman, Eddie, phantom, Run To The Hills, Samurai, Shaman, Trooper
    Bass, Carriage Rider, Crusader, Edward The Great, Grim Reaper, Mystic, Seventh Son, Shadow Wickerman, Speed of Light, Wicker Man
    Benjamin Breeg, Fear of the Dark, Final Frontier, Mummy, Piece of Mind, Pharaoh, Viking, Visions

OS
    iOS
    So many good things laid out in this thread - I agree with most, if not all, of what has been said. This is really the only game a play daily - it helps fill up time and I do still enjoy aspects of it but the key thing all of you are saying is a need for new content. I fully agree. I am not too bothered what this new content is but it has to be more story modes and more variety based. Farming for resources and playing 50 troopers takes way to long and is all auto so no fun there - just pure grind. I get zero enjoyment from that other than helping out troopers and myself to get trooper pints - end game of that is getting more skill shards and that is it. Chasing shards to boost characters. In the end what for I tend to ask myself at the end of every week? I really am not sure. I do not have the time to aim for top 10 PVP so why chase shards as I have a decent enough roster to do OK on all story levels and pretty well in all of BNW levels (though cant auto some of the later levels due to boss shields.....and really think this is just a wasted opportunity for the game - the boss just needs to be ground out to win - it is little to do with skill - it is just another form of grind surely?

I think I am at the point now of my enjoyment of the game waning a lot - I do it because I can play auto everyday - a do not do any manual play unless it is PVP or the odd LOL X or higher up BNW level and I do those pretty rarely. I am so bored in PVP that for months I pick my attack team and it pretty much stays the same for week or months - I never bother swapping much as I cant be bothered, especially with the current VHE focus. The thing that gets me is getting beat in PVP by a team that I then have another go at and flatten in two or three rounds - yet the RNG of the AI can flatten me just as quick. I know I should play a different team more but I just cant be bothered to mess about changing team, talismans etc....yeah I am lazy!

Onto the wider things about the game - I wonder if saturation has now been reached as the Maiden tour closes there will be next to no avenues to promote the game as heavily - surely new players will start to drop significantly now? So they have to move to putting out a lot more new content to keep all the new folk they have happy and especially us end gamers. We need variation. We need less bugs and we need a solution to OP toons that get spammed to death with every nerf or meta change. Maybe new talisman in BNW could help here but I do not have the time or inclination to grind a boss to death over a 10-15 minute time frame - it is just too much surely and with the poor drop rates of these new talisman I am not sure we will ever see these massively effecting teams with the latest combination of go to toons and Eds.

Don't get me wrong I still play and still get something from it - but it is dropping a lot. This Saturday evening on the run up to reset I drank some Trooper beer and my latest crave for Brewdog IPA (Elvis juice is ace) and played Scrabble and Upwords with my better half while listening to a Spotify playlist of my fave 40 Maiden tunes - now that was six hours well spent!

As a couple of others have said maybe thing about taking on board all the great stuff across a plethora of threads and set to the task of making the game more attractive to the fan base. Think about restoring several nerfed toons and Eds to move the meta on from VHE based team ( I don't have one by the way!) as these are way worse/numeric than Prisoner teams or Visions or Mummy etc etc......I am not a nerf fan - just leave things as is but allow for a wider number of choices to circumvent the current OP toons.

Not really been a rant this post, more of I agree with you all kind of thing - I just hope that new content or ways to play are put out with haste as I agree with many that BNW, while diverting for a week, was a missed opportunity and after all the waiting was, for me, a waste of time once the three gardens were beaten.
    "We oil the jaws of the war machine and feed it with our babies" - Two Minutes to Midnight - Powerslave

scott-5496

OS
    Android
    First of all gratz to G, Nicko and slauki, i would like for Nicko to have more time to play between flights to win this one cause he truly deserves to be named Eternal ones, he is Eternal on our hurts though(sorry G but you are used to it ).

Now to the more important stuff, if this thread and what is happening the last 2 months with great players/people leaving one after another is not a wake up call for NF i really don't know what will be.
    A game with so much potential ended up being a bugged sh1t that is running with only one purpose, collect as more money as we can.

I am an addicted gamer, i play games for as many years as i can remember myself, i don't like mobile games though, i like playing on my PC but i am also a huge Iron Maiden fan so LotB was my first serious try on mobile gaming. I also started playing F2F because of the guys there but although i like it a lot i mostly play it for fun and not as hardcore as LotB.

The main problem with LotB for me is that no matter how hard you try, no matter how much you play and sometimes no matter how much you pay you end up right where you started, with nothing. This is not the way games are supposed to work, a hardcore gamer that spends many hours grinding, PvPing etc should be rewarded somehow.
    LotB is completely based on RNG in all it's aspects and that's terribly wrong, for example a newbie that plays for fun with some luck can have better toons than a hardcore player that started playing from day one. G mentioned having 0 vals from 90 souls, i had 0 from 60 but others summoned one of them from one soul, this is ridiculous. Imagine a newbie that plays for 2 weeks f.e. having the purple beast that can beat a whole team alone winning the 11 times Eternal G, i mean come on..

On top of that ofc are the numerous bugs that this game has that completely ruin gameplay and it seems that NF can't handle them. Let's be honest, they try but everytime they fix something more things break, yet they don't stop releasing new things and take some time to concentrate on fixing those problems.

One other thing that this game needs like yesterday is a way for players to communicate somehow through the app.

Last but not least, arena system, one of the worst things in LotB. Nothing more to add than the thousands of posts about that issue.

As i mentioned i played a lot of games in my life but this one got the best community that i ever encountered and it's mostly because of Iron Maiden, most of the playerbase care for the game because they love the band and have great ideas to make it better so it's on NF to make that happen and improve the game. I lately loose hope that anything will change though, unfortunately.
    Now I am cold but a ghost lives in my veins,
    Silent the terror that reigned-marbled in stone
    Shell of a man God preserved-a thousand ages
    But open the gates of my hell-I will strike from the grave.

OS
    iOS
    Congrats gmac, nicko and slauki on the all-star podium.

Not much I can add that hasnt already been said. I hope the devs are listening and take this seriously. It's their approach that's turning me off to the game. We wait months for BNW. Now that it's here I don't even play it because it's so expensive. I can't run 50 troopers in a day and play BNW for 15 SoT without buying refills. I've already blown through a ton of ironite doing that. Sick of it.

Then we have events like the current one. I'm not really doing anything different. I'd like an event to have its own map and something unique to do. Just dropping souls for a chance at a character is a lazy excuse for an event.

I know this is probably too much of a rant, but it's getting so bad, it's hard to give constructive criticism without it sounding like a rant. A fresh perspective by the devs would help. Sometimes I don't think they look at it from a players point of view. They've got some flawed business model they're trying to follow rather than just making the players happy.

This'll be my last post on all this for a while. I'm tired of sounding like a broken record. I hope things change and get better.
    MrFreeze-6530