Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PvP: Attrition

OS
    iOS

PvP: Attrition

I think the best way to describe PvP this week was SLOW

I was travelling and playing my free SoW all week with a refill here and there. It was enough to stay number one most of the week – but of course Saturday changes everything. I was at the airport and saw it was really just me and Alex near the top – so with free Philadelphia airport wifi and a delayed flight I knew had wifi – started playing – but then GMAC appeared! Of course I was interrupted by boarding, deboarding, crappy plane wifi and crashes, cab ride, etc – but the fact that we had even a little bit of a run was fun – because the arena was a pretty quiet spot.

In the end of course he prevailed – as he always does – but there was a little dovetailing while I was playing fast and furious – possibly because my defense had a solid week. In any event, big congrats to GMAC for his ELEVENTH eternal! Now tied with the original king of PvP Jofer!

Slauki rounded out the podium with third – his first time there! His maximized character thread is one of the best resources on this forum, and he always has wise things to say as he helps players here on the forum – so congrats!

Final top 5 were:

1) GMAC
    2) NICKO
    3) SLAUKI
    4) ShaolinLondo
    5) Caretaker

While I usually like to keep these posts process oriented – with a positive edge – it’s almost impossible to do that right now. The reason? Long term player attrition. It’s getting really disheartening.

I’ve said before – I’m a Maiden fan, not a “gamer” – so my experience with this matter is zero. Perhaps it’s simply inevitable – the way these mobile games work – and nothing else to say. But perhaps that’s NOT the case – and what can be done?

The list is long.

Jofer started when he simply got bored and moved on to a game that gave him more rewards for his effort and likely a greater challenge. I'm sure getting four Beelzebubs helped in that decision. But now – looking at a partial list – we have

Jofer
    Osiris
    Witkacy
    Ringe
    BadTaste
    RCarter
    IcemanFerrar
    BillLion
    Hold
    Eskiggalu
    Rygone
    Tritium
    Lulero
    And I’m sure others I’m missing

Canyptian and Tom have become “casual” players – Kamuz and R1ck announced they will be slowing down – SilentKnight has slowed in the arena due to bugs - and then another humdinger – reigning champ GMAC expressed frustration as well with a possible retirement coming. He mentioned 90 event souls and zero Valkyries - I think anyone in that position would be pissed.

These players were great competitors and great forum members – great people – and every one of them stings.

So I ask again – is this just how it is? The natural progression of mobile games? Framing this as a positive – what would KEEP people here?

Of course the obvious things – better drop rates – new content – fewer bugs – more PvP variety without the same toons over and over – have been discussed in various threads. Change MUST happen or this will continue. And perhaps the business model depends on new players and long-term player attrition is just the way it will go until there are not enough Maiden fans to keep this ship afloat and it sinks.

But I’ll end with the fact I always believe people are doing the best they can with the resources they have – and that includes the developers. I DO think they listen and am grateful we have the interaction we have with them. Perhaps Sparton will even pipe in as I know he reads these threads.

I also believe this game is better than it was months ago. So change in some areas IS happening. But that doesn’t change the sting of these long term players hanging up their Eddie…

I would encourage responses to be constructive as opposed to rants. In the end everyone wants this game to thrive - good for newbies and long term players alike.

See you in the arena!
    Last edited by Nicko; 09-10-2017 at 03:43 PM.
    Nicko-0517

OS
    Android
    I really missed your pvp posts Nicko ..
    Congratz to you, Gmac for his 11° eternal (almost crazy if you think about the dedication needed) and of course to Prof. Slauki for the podium !

From the missed guys i can think of Tritium & Lulero.. both clever members & players, but as you say the list is long and many others will follow them
    Tridimension-1303

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Tridimensionale View Post
    I really missed your pvp posts Nicko ..
    Congratz to you, Gmac for his 11° eternal (almost crazy if you think about the dedication needed) and of course to Prof. Slauki for the podium !

From the missed guys i can think of Tritium & Lulero.. both clever members & players, but as you say the list is long and many others will follow them
    Thanks Tri! And added Tritium and Lulero...
    Nicko-0517

OS
    Android
    Nickolas, well said as usual,nothing to add
    _______ 💀 Tom-7714 💀 ___________

___________ | CLAN | __________

👹 The Mofo Cult 👹

OS
    Android
    I couldn't play all day because I was in a family reunion but I logged 5 hour left to reset and saw Nicko and Gmac battling, amazing!!. It looks like Gmac has tied Jofer16 in number of eternals and times on the podium. Congratulations to you Gmac, Nicko and of course to Slauki for the 3rd place well done my friend.

Name:  Winners.png
Views: 771
Size:  16.5 KB
    Last edited by Ubajoa; 10-04-2017 at 08:02 AM.
    Carlos

OS
    Android
    Was 'talking' 2 G 4 over an hour last night & this shit is killing him!!! Don't think NF has any idea just how much this game, Maiden & friends mean to people! He doesn't wanna go anywhere but if things don't change soon it's inevitable!
    Sry G but maybe this will get their attention! Plus it doesn't hurt 2 let others know ur prolly the nicest, most sincere guy I've ever had the pleasure of 'meeting'!!! To those of u who have G as a trooper...that pic, omfg!!! He looks liked he'd eat u 4 breakfast! His words...I'm nice til it's time to not be nice. Fuckin awesome!!!
    Last edited by Silentknight; 09-10-2017 at 06:04 PM.
    Those that can...do
    Those that can't...teach
    Silentknight-4997, # of times laid since July/16...lots!!!
    Hahahaha, pathetic that some have to sell themselves as troopers

OS
    Android
    ty for the kind words dear nicko and others ofc . i'm also unsure if that's the normal development, but i doubt that this nieche game has too many new guys who will start this game so the devs should care a lot for the endgames who are here bacause of the band.

OTOH: most endgames have enough materials, enough strong chars, souls and everything, so not sure if they make much money from us. the newbies might fall into every trap and buy the stupid packages they give us every week, but the more experienced players will laugh and move on.

so maybe all good things have to come to an end. i play many pc games but not many mobile games so no idea how the trend is. i played a browser game shakes and fidges 7 years ago and it still exist so maybe it is possible to create such a longterm motivating environment (i quit after one year because it was too repetitive and many guild members left LOL). really unsure if this game will exist 6 more years, and if this forum breaks and other cool guys stop to play i have no idea why to continue playing...
    Last edited by slauki; 09-10-2017 at 04:02 PM.

don't be a mofo and join the mofos.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.

OS
    Android
    They need 2 slow down on the updates! U just get used 2 things & bam,they change it! Why I'm sitting on 75 skill shards & 160k badges! Well, plus all the freezes!!! All they're doin is introducing new toons/talismans 2 counter the previous ones! Gets old fast!!! What's gunna happen now, can't b many new toons left=boredom! And this shit of introducing OP toons in hopes we all shard em & then nerf em??? Fuck that...not me!!!
    Those that can...do
    Those that can't...teach

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by slauki View Post
    ty for the kind words dear nicko. i'm also unsure if that's the normal development, but i doubt that this nieche game has too many new guys who will start this game so the devs should care a lot for the endgames who are here bacause of the band.

OTOH: most endgames have enough materials, enough strong chars, souls and everything, so not sure if they make much money from us. the newbies might fall into every trap and buy the stupid packages they give us every week, but the more experienced players will laugh and move on.

so maybe all good things have to come to an end. i play many pc games but not many mobile games so no idea how the trend is. i played a browser game shakes and fidges 7 years ago and it still exist so maybe it is possible to create such a longterm motivating environment (i quit after one year because it was too repetitive and many guild members left LOL). really unsure if this game will exist 6 more years, and if this forum breaks and other cool guys stop to play i have no idea why to continue playing...
    For some longterm players it's simply bugs. SilentKnight was a consistent top 10 player - and I think would still be - but experiences a lot of crashes.

Black Steel is one hell of a player - really fast and we had a great run one week - but haven't seen him top 5 since then and I know he's been having issues as well. He's been championing bug reform in a separate thread - one that I hope is getting some attention.
    Nicko-0517

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicko View Post
    For some longterm players it's simply bugs. SilentKnight was a consistent top 10 player - and I think would still be - but experiences a lot of crashes.

Black Steel is one hell of a player - really fast and we had a great run one week - but haven't seen him top 5 since then and I know he's been having issues as well. He's been championing bug reform in a separate thread - one that I hope is getting some attention.
    Fixing bugs & stability issues should b #1!!! This game survived b4 PvP & now it's killing it! They need to get the game working properly b4 introducing new stuff. Look how long BNW was in development...4 what??? Has done more 2 hurt the game than help! New contents nice but it has to work! Although I still have yet 2 have a single freeze in BNW but I'm done with it already! Might farm a bit when bored 4 talismans but that's it!
    By no means am I a techie but I know games!!!
    Those that can...do
    Those that can't...teach