Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by MrFreeze View Post
    A Bonite Cab was my first board. Christmas of 87. I've still got it.
    Nice! That's about the time period I was into it. Wanna share a pic? I wonder if it's the same board I was coveting.
    druid138-6195
    Sunrise Senjutsu Eddie
    Pity me none
    at the gates of our hell

OS
    Android
    So, now I've got this skate bug . . . Thinking about giving it another shot, 30 years later. First, am I crazy? Second, if not, any tips or info resources you could share? I'm sure some things are the same, but I'm guessing a lot of things are different now.
    druid138-6195
    Sunrise Senjutsu Eddie
    Pity me none
    at the gates of our hell

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by druid138 View Post
    So, now I've got this skate bug . . . Thinking about giving it another shot, 30 years later. First, am I crazy? Second, if not, any tips or info resources you could share? I'm sure some things are the same, but I'm guessing a lot of things are different now.
    I was wrong, it was 86 actually. For some reason it keeps failing when I try to upload a pic. I'll see if I can PM it. As far as starting up again goes...well, falling hurts a lot more the older you get. I broke my wrist a few years ago at the age of 40. Ruined my golf game and made life miserable for a while. That pretty much did it for me. With my current job, I can't afford injuries like that anymore. On a rare occasion I might be tempted to cruise around a bit, but tricks are for kids.

Edit: doesn't seem like I can upload into a pm. It's the one with the dragon in the middle surrounded by all the little bats. It's got a signed Natas sticker on it still too.
    Last edited by MrFreeze; 09-13-2017 at 10:11 PM.
    MrFreeze-6530

OS
    Android
    The best advice I can give is take it slow. Lol that's a long time and your body will be a lot different. There are skateparks everywhere now, so it shouldn't be an issue to find something cool not too far (unless you live in the middle of no where haha)

For the most part it's still the same other than board sizes and shapes, however you can still find some old school boards if you look hard enough.
    Playing since the beginning, and I still DO NOT have these eddies:
    Cyborg
    Shaman
    VHE
    Navigator
    Tailgunner
    Hollowed

Current champ: Trooper.
    Brewtus-1572

OS
    iOS
    I see that you're from the Pacific Northwest, druid138, and in my experiences out there, there are tons of great skateparks all over the place with varying degrees of difficulty. I agree that you should definitely take it slow at first, even though it may be tough to hold back at times (but your body will thank you). Lots of new board companies are making old school/cruiser shapes these days, too, so it shouldn't be difficult to find one.

OS
    Android
    Didn't even notice his location... Yeah, if you're in Oregon... You've got skateparks galore.
    Playing since the beginning, and I still DO NOT have these eddies:
    Cyborg
    Shaman
    VHE
    Navigator
    Tailgunner
    Hollowed

Current champ: Trooper.
    Brewtus-1572

OS
    Android
    Thanks for the great feedback! I would definitely be in it more for the cruising than the tricks. Yeah, I'm in Oregon, so it sounds like I've got some good options nearby.

Board sizes and shapes are different now, huh? I didn't realize that.

I'm liking this one.
    Last edited by druid138; 09-14-2017 at 10:01 PM.
    druid138-6195
    Sunrise Senjutsu Eddie
    Pity me none
    at the gates of our hell

OS
    iOS
    Thanks for the great feedback! I would definitely be in it more for the cruising than the tricks. Yeah, I'm in Oregon, so it sounds like I've got some good options nearby.

Board sizes and shapes are different now, huh? I didn't realize that.

I'm liking this one.
    If your just looking to cruise around, pretty much anything would work. I would strongly recommend heading to your local skate shop to make the purchase rather than buying online. Not only can you stand on the decks to see how they feel, but it's important to support those guys. Most shop owners do a lot to help out the local scene. They deserve the money more than some online corporate hacks.
    MrFreeze-6530