Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Demoonchild View Post
    Give me the fuckin' Purple COTD, I don't care if I don't have Pharaoh Eddie or Cyborg after playing daily for more than a year, as long as I can get the Fuckin' Child!!!!

LOL!
    This! I'm still missing this toon after playing from the beginning. I would also take a Nomad.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparton_LOTB View Post
    We will do another fragment event like that eventually I'm sure. Right now the current plan involves some different kinds of ways of getting higher-rarity characters (some existing, some new), but I've been wanting to kick around a few ideas to Kaz about ways we could mix up the usual 4 star fragment events with other kinds of events and kinds of resulting characters (such as one for high rarity characters but focusing on non-Eddies, as JJJ428 suggested, or maybe focusing on a particular theme, such as a Dog Soul).
    i'm sure there is noone in the community who wouldn't agree that the immortal event was the best event ever so far, glad to hear that you are cooking something similar.
    i would love to see something like that again. that was hell of a ride i almost played every single minute available. would have burned my entire stack if i we had more time

don't be a mofo and join the mofos.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.

Banned
    OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by zamasu View Post
    Purple Hentai is NOT overpowered. She is easily countered.
    put some immunity talismans on your characters, bring an artillery or hellhoud, don't have any of those? a GPD! everyone should have one by now.
    He can 1) Cleanse your stunned characters or 2)heal and give immunity to your whole team!
    The game is becoming more about strategy and finding out how to counter XYZ characters, and that's how it should be.
    And no, I do not have her yet.
    I am having more problems with the green general guy with counterstrike, he's a really pain in the butt
    Gonna have to disagree with you based on the fact there's some random I've never heard of in 1st right now with her as his pic lol First time I've checked rankings in forever. Although it is still Friday, players that are actually good (Gmac) might awaken.

OS
    Android
    We will do another fragment event like that eventually I'm sure. Right now the current plan involves some different kinds of ways of getting higher-rarity characters (some existing, some new), but I've been wanting to kick around a few ideas to Kaz about ways we could mix up the usual 4 star fragment events with other kinds of events and kinds of resulting characters (such as one for high rarity characters but focusing on non-Eddies, as JJJ428 suggested, or maybe focusing on a particular theme, such as a Dog Soul).
    A dog soul where with the first soul obtained you get to choose which Dog toon you want would be great. I'm still missing Death Dog, Rocket Dog and Pharoah Dog and I am sure a lot of others would be missing the odd one too. Maybe after the next event, which should be an Assassin toon (Corrupt Droid or Rescuer maybe?), this can be done

I hope the AoF fix works, I just lost in the arena where the opposing AoF had extra turns due to its passive kicking in when it shouldn't have. Grrr pisses me off.
    Last edited by thealchemist; 09-16-2017 at 06:24 AM.
    "Handing out the oranges in JomsVikings"

thealchemist-3575.

OS
    Android
    one thing we didn't discuss yet: the change of thorn talismans.

i think these talismans will be all over the place if they reflect physical and true damage along with removing buffs and causing permadeath. maybe they should only reflect one kind of damage.
    i could imgine them to really fuck up everything and to replace strike talis. i fear they will be way to strong compared to others and they have no counter aside a team which solely does magic damage (lol)....

any thoughts?

don't be a mofo and join the mofos.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by slauki View Post
    one thing we didn't discuss yet: the change of thorn talismans.

i think these talismans will be all over the place if they reflect physical and true damage along with removing buffs and causing permadeath. maybe they should only reflect one kind of damage.
    i could imgine them to really fuck up everything and to replace strike talis. i fear they will be way to strong compared to others and they have no counter aside a team which solely does magic damage (lol)....

any thoughts?
    I was actually happy to see that change. So many true damn chars in the arena because they have no true counter. Finally an answer to that annoying SSD with Strike!

Is there a talisman that does the same but with magic and true damage reflect instead of physical damage? If not, could Cyclone be a candidate for that? That way we can have teams with Void, Thorn and Cyclone shields and no chars will be immune BWAHAHAHAHA!

Was also wondering if a talisman that gives perfect hit status for a turn or two is coming somewhere down the line... Sparton?

Oh btw, I dont think anything could replace Strike. They work too well and proc like crazy!

Edit: thats exactly what they did with Cyclone! Nice!
    Last edited by mjmxiii; 09-16-2017 at 09:52 AM.
    If you're gonna die, die with your boots on
    mjmxiii-1619

Sparton can we get clarification on the mechanics of three effects - advantage, magic penetration, and armour piercing?

I did a field test where a character had both "advantage" and "magic penetration", doing only magic damage. From the descriptions of the effects ("ignore magic resistance", "gain class advantage"), the damage output of that character should have been the same against every enemy.

What I saw was *increased* damage, but wildly differing numbers. It leads me to believe that the penetration/piercing effects only ignore a *portion* of the targets res/def, not the entirety.

I would assume the "advantage" effect does give you what it states, but it would be nice to know if it only gives a modifier instead.

OS
    iOS
    Saw the cost increase on the mark skill, and I agree with it. One question though- will mark skill be fixed to guarantee an extra turn with every use as described, or will it continue to be a scaling % decrease chance for extra turns? I'm good either way - but would like to know definitively so I can strategize accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by mjmxiii View Post
    Was also wondering if a talisman that gives perfect hit status for a turn or two is coming somewhere down the line... Sparton?
    We have Advantage Talismans, but those are an augment, so probably not exactly what you're looking for.

We don't really want to encroach on the territory of the Marksman passive characters too much, though.

Quote Originally Posted by bort View Post
    Sparton can we get clarification on the mechanics of three effects - advantage, magic penetration, and armour piercing?

I did a field test where a character had both "advantage" and "magic penetration", doing only magic damage. From the descriptions of the effects ("ignore magic resistance", "gain class advantage"), the damage output of that character should have been the same against every enemy.

What I saw was *increased* damage, but wildly differing numbers. It leads me to believe that the penetration/piercing effects only ignore a *portion* of the targets res/def, not the entirety.

I would assume the "advantage" effect does give you what it states, but it would be nice to know if it only gives a modifier instead.
    Well, "Class Advantage" means you'll do damage as though you had class advantage. And I don't have the data here in front of my while I'm at home, but I'm pretty sure Penetrating and Piercing do ignore entirely.

The problem is that the currently live version has a bug where when you reapply those buffs, that the skill won't have the benefit of the Advantage/Piercing/Penetrating that was already there. We have a fix for this in the next update, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezz View Post
    Saw the cost increase on the mark skill, and I agree with it. One question though- will mark skill be fixed to guarantee an extra turn with every use as described, or will it continue to be a scaling % decrease chance for extra turns? I'm good either way - but would like to know definitively so I can strategize accordingly.
    I don't think we have a fix for that yet.

Well, "Class Advantage" means you'll do damage as though you had class advantage. And I don't have the data here in front of my while I'm at home, but I'm pretty sure Penetrating and Piercing do ignore entirely.

The problem is that the currently live version has a bug where when you reapply those buffs, that the skill won't have the benefit of the Advantage/Piercing/Penetrating that was already there. We have a fix for this in the next update, though.
    Well, if the Advantage talismen give you "class advantage" and the Penetration talismen give you "MR Ignore", then the very first hit you do with both of these active should do the same damage, regardless of who the target is (provided no shields). This is not the case. Should I post screenshots to follow this up, or is this question good enough?