Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

September 2017 Tuning Discussion - PRELIMINARY

This is the main post to discuss tuning changes that are in an upcoming update.

You can see the details for the preliminary tuning adjustments in the Game Updates forum post.

One thing I'd like to make sure is highlighted here (although we will highlight it elsewhere) is that we are reinstating weekly limits on most items that cost Trooper Badges, most notably Skill Shards and Rare-Quality Souls.

One important thing to note that with the changes to the limits, we have increased the Skill Shard limits elsewhere in the game (the Arena and added a monthly Skill Shard to the Specials Tab for a Gold cost) and so players should be able to earn the same amount if not more Skill Shards on a weekly basis.

That said, similar to the Arena Store, we intend that future valuable items that are added to the Trooper Store Tab will have limits for how frequent they can be purchased, so we want to encourage everyone to spend their reserves of Trooper Badges before those limits are enacted.

The other important subject is the rebalancing of the "less desirable" talisman subtypes: Skilled, Sorcery, and Onslaught.

Ultimately, we weren't comfortable with a tech solution that did something like changed how the damage system worked to make talismans that lacked HP more viable, so we went with adjusting Skilled, Sorcery, and Onslaught to make them more compelling in their own right, and potentially be useful to stack on their own for different characters or different builds for a given character. Please keep this in mind as you collect new talismans and are considering which to sell.

OS
    iOS
    I like it. Addressing a lot of the long time bugs and concerns is great. I also like that the character tuning is limited to fixes and improvements, rather than benching more characters. If you guys can follow up with addressing some of the other major concerns that players have, maybe we can get the morale back on a positive note around here.

MrFreeze-6530

OS
    Android
    This is really exciting! Lots of really good stuff in here.
    druid138-6195
    Sunrise Senjutsu Eddie
    Pity me none
    at the gates of our hell

OS
    Android
    I think we can say message heard.

OS
    iOS
    Yay, a way to plummet my swimming pool of 20M gold into some skill shards for my brand new Vampire Hunter! Thanks devs!
    the local mentally unstable halfwit

DoctorEly-4668: Dark Road Eddie

OS
    Android
    So the solution to the "Trooper Chores" is to limit the amount of items we can purchase with badges in the store? What bullshit!! Oh wait, we can "potentially" purchase more skill shards in the arena store if we play more PVP to earn coins, which requires refills of SOW, which require ironite, which we need to purchase with real money...

... and you're going to keep telling me it's not a "pay to win" game?

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining...
    kkkreg5-6767

_________| CLAN |_________

👹 The Mofo Cult 👹

OS
    Android
    Finally, some sensible usage of gold! Love the additions to the store as well as the sorcery/skilled/onslaught talisman changes

OS
    iOS
    Glad to see Wickerman & Wickerman Eddie get some love! They've been in need of it for a while.

Interesting to see the attempt to breath life back into AoP.

And I'm probably going to be in the minority here, but I'd leave the sorcery, skilled and onslaught talisman as they are and not fiddle with them.
    Jomsvikings/thanos-2148

OS
    Android
    at last aces ed will be of real utility look forward to this update!
    The Mofo Cult (died31-6484).