Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Mariner-1212 View Post
    RE: To use or not use badges...

The best move is to save 30k badges, and spend the rest on skill shards before they become limited. Here's why:

The devs said there will be a ONE-TIME-ONLY Trooper Soul at around 40-50k, and that we'll have ideally 4 weeks to save up for it. If you have strong Troopers from the forum and you play them all everyday, you should be able to average 15k badges a week. That works out to 60k if you don't spend on anything else over that 4-week period.

Soon, you will be limited to 2 skill shards per week, meaning that you'll be spending 10k/week on them and saving about 5k/week. Once they're limited, you will be stuck with your current badges and the extra accumulation of 5k/week... and anything over 50k (Trooper Soul) will have to go towards the other items in the store, which are far less valuable than the skill shards.

If you haven't left yet, here's some more math:

Saving 30k in badges right now will leave you with a 20k badge deficit for that 50k Trooper soul. That 20k/4 weeks works out to 5k/week needed to be saved. As above, that can be handled while still allowing the 2 skill shard purchase each week. So if my math is correct, saving anything over 30k right now is only good if you want to spend it on souls & stuff in the store.
    It sounds very good, what you wrote. The most trooper points you can get is 2500 a day, what you normally don't get. The best I had so far were badges from 49 of my 50 troopers. So normally I get something around 2250 per day.

What I want to say is, that I'll keep around 30.000-35000 badges and spend the rest for skillshards.

Thank you very much, Mariner, for making up this calculation.
    Pepp-7418, daily player using all troopers daily

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparton_LOTB View Post
    It would be much harder for me to get that kind of info right now, so that's not something I can answer at this time (I also don't know if I have that level of detail I can dredge up without getting a query from a programmer, and those guys are super busy right now).
    Well from info that we collect it doubles the normal holds of good players, so we are talking about >35%. But ofc if you can get those rates we can be more sure.

Quote Originally Posted by ovy View Post
    With all due respect, I don't know how you can make the argument about defenses and win rates when the Wrath is literally everywhere right now. Or DaveMurray talking about purple beast as if the other two purple beasts weren't more prevalent.

I don't have Wrath and I use purple val as a substitute. You do have him. If I thought the chances of me getting either of them in the future were the same, I'd swap places in a heartbeat. The guy is just really effin strong.

But do I complain and ask for a nerf? No, I just deal with it. In fact, since he started showing up PvP is the most fun it's been in ages. Revamped my whole offense, had to think long and hard about who to shard and talismans, etc. That's a good thing.

Purple val too requires some changes. You can't just show up with the same ol team, pile on the beneficials and expect an easy win. But she's very beatable, like Sparton says. I'm sure you know that.

As for 5 star vs four, that's not really an argument in this game. There are other 4 stars better than most 5 stars: Gunner Dog, Navigator, SSD, Harpy, WUR, GCR are all out there in numbers, or in the old days AoF and Red Pyro. My guess is they wanted to keep all Valkyries the same rather than represent their value accurately.

My 2 cents,
    ovy
    Please ask the devs to swap my Wrath for your purple val.
    To tell you the truth i obtained Wrath a few days ago but i still can't find a proper use for him in my offence/defence teams. Maybe it's just because i am used to him and i found him weak. Ofc he can still cause me troubles in a fight but it's a one in a thousand attacks.
    He is a good char compared to others but he just can't be compared to the purple val.
    His basic move is not true damage so shields can destroy you, deals small dmg and remove buffs with a normal probability(since that multi hits thing in the previous update was fixed he truly is on a 45% to remove buffs atm). His power move is very good and he has no passive. On the other hand AoE true damage with very good amount of damage that remove buffs with better proc than wrath and also stuns. Power move is again true damage with heal block, permadeath and perfect corruption and her passive that grants immunity to all team for curse, marks and doom.
    Last but not least as G pointed in a previous post she is impossible to get if you didn't get her from the "supposingly better drop rates" BNW souls. You will get Wrath eventually though, even after 10 dupes.
    Maybe the bug fixes will be enough to even her powers, we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by calizario View Post
    I wanted an answer from any of the Dev's about this discussion of Valkyrie Purple.

At some time in a group there was a discussion about the acc up of the defense, in several battles already I caught opponents loaded with buffs and not stunn anyone. In contrast to Valquira's opponents' match at least two will sleep a little. Same thing I notice in the Undead Rescue (red buzz) it's hard to take away from the adversaries' flu.

My question .. Does the AI of defense take any more percentage of Accuricy than attack?
    It feels that it does but devs nvr answered to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Demoonchild View Post
    Sorry guys but I do not agree with your thoughts about the "All powerful Purple Valkyrie".
    I have my own on defense, but my defense is actually 24% with about 1 or 2 victories over 10 attacks, and it's falling down... Like chorus on Man on the edge song...
    I also have no such pain defeating teams with her on defense, just bring a immune GPD, Hellhound or Artillery Dog, and you're done.
    I'm not a fan of nerfings, instead, improving actual skills of not so used chars or bring new ones seems the right choose for me.
    Yeah, some chars are game changers, but if not the actual ones, others will be, so complaining about that is pointless
    (Do you wanna see again Nomad in every team?)
    Let's not forget that the right talis and the right toons and Eddie are needed for hold rates of >35% like some players have with her.
    Unfortunately i don't remember your defence lineup but i witnessed others pairing her with Wrath f.e. and that's ridiculous, it's like removing her from your team because Wrath almost always go first and remove buffs so she can't do anything with her basic move.

To sum it up, my opinion is that she is OP, most of the players that have her say that she isn't and i am fine with it.
    There are ways to counter her ofc as there are ways to counter every toon and Eddie. Let's keep in mind though that not all of us have every available toon so not everyone can counter her and that's why we see defences with >35% hold rates.
    I don't mind if she is left as she is but i wan't more toons like her and soon if this is the new meta cause atm she can solo a whole team.
    Last edited by DaveMurray; 09-15-2017 at 12:16 PM.
    Now I am cold but a ghost lives in my veins,
    Silent the terror that reigned-marbled in stone
    Shell of a man God preserved-a thousand ages
    But open the gates of my hell-I will strike from the grave.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Demoonchild View Post
    Sorry guys but I do not agree with your thoughts about the "All powerful Purple Valkyrie".
    I have my own on defense, but my defense is actually 24% with about 1 or 2 victories over 10 attacks, and it's falling down... Like chorus on Man on the edge song...
    I also have no such pain defeating teams with her on defense, just bring a immune GPD, Hellhound or Artillery Dog, and you're done.
    I'm not a fan of nerfings, instead, improving actual skills of not so used chars or bring new ones seems the right choose for me.
    Yeah, some chars are game changers, but if not the actual ones, others will be, so complaining about that is pointless
    (Do you wanna see again Nomad in every team?)
    demoon, you are an excellent day one player and a sharp mofo, so i'm not surprised that you don't have problems with her. i guess most forum guys have found something around her. but let's take an average joe.
    he will have much more problems beating her than you which will generate the holds.

and well 24% is still very nice compared with poor mans 5-15%. and some guys have >35%...so i think it's too much of a difference.

don't be a mofo and join the mofos.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.

Quote Originally Posted by slauki View Post
    demoon, you are an excellent day one player and a sharp mofo, so i'm not surprised that you don't have problems with her. i guess most forum guys have found something around her. but let's take an average joe.
    he will have much more problems beating her than you which will generate the holds.

and well 24% is still very nice compared with poor mans 5-15%. and some guys have >35%...so i think it's too much of a difference.
    Newcomers actually have things even easier, they start the game with a green Harpy which is already a nice counter to the new purple girl since she can't get stunned, Hellhound and GPD aren't hard to get neither... I think that if you are too lazy to prepare your team before a fight, you can lose even again a team with a Blocker using endure if you don't go with a buff remover, or go without immunity against a team which has the corrupt General, or don't bring a cleanser against a Magus CR... I can't see any difference.
    Personally I think that if you start a nerfing wheel it will run over Alliance General, Green Harpy, Wrath, Vampire Eddie, Nomad etc, so, again, I'm completely against unnecessary nerfs...

Talking about defense, mine's at 23% now, tomorrow will be <= 20% for sure, and that's my average defense % even before Wrath or the purple girl...
    Last edited by Demoonchild; 09-15-2017 at 11:46 AM.
    English is not my native language

Demoonchild-7235 // Already full of nice troopers, some of them nice people too!

OS
    Android
    I got 2 questions if anyone can help me out.
    1) Is anything wrong with Death Dog? I just had a fight that i went first and i had all my buffs removed from 4 chars.
    2) Is the problem with extra turns on toons that occured when they tried to implement a limit on echo tali fixed?
    Now I am cold but a ghost lives in my veins,
    Silent the terror that reigned-marbled in stone
    Shell of a man God preserved-a thousand ages
    But open the gates of my hell-I will strike from the grave.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMurray View Post
    1) Is anything wrong with Death Dog? I just had a fight that i went first and i had all my buffs removed from 4 chars.
    2) Is the problem with extra turns on toons that occured when they tried to implement a limit on echo tali fixed?

eccho talisma is weird. I'm not using it in pvp, just in BnW in GD and this hard to get extra turn. And a detail .. he by default is already proc 25% chance of extra without shards .. and mine is using eccho.

For those issues that I raised and more that I had forgotten that I wanted a clearer response from dev as with acc of defense.
    Caliza12-3289

Purple Hentai is NOT overpowered. She is easily countered.
    put some immunity talismans on your characters, bring an artillery or hellhoud, don't have any of those? a GPD! everyone should have one by now.
    He can 1) Cleanse your stunned characters or 2)heal and give immunity to your whole team!
    The game is becoming more about strategy and finding out how to counter XYZ characters, and that's how it should be.
    And no, I do not have her yet.
    I am having more problems with the green general guy with counterstrike, he's a really pain in the butt
    Last edited by zamasu; 09-15-2017 at 03:39 PM.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMurray View Post
    Slauki somewhere posted an example where his Death Dog removed buffs from every toon - I think Sparton did see it and acknowledge it as a bug
    Nicko-0517

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by zamasu View Post
    Purple Hentai is NOT overpowered. She is easily countered.
    put some immunity talismans on your characters, bring an artillery or hellhoud, don't have any of those? a GPD! everyone should have one by now.
    He can 1) Cleanse your stunned characters or 2)heal and give immunity to your whole team!
    The game is becoming more about strategy and finding out how to counter XYZ characters, and that's how it should be.
    And no, I do not have her yet.
    I am having more problems with the green general guy with counterstrike, he's a really pain in the butt
    Agree - he's a pain. Seems like I'm seeing more Strikes in general this week. For a while they died down - now they're back in full force...
    Nicko-0517

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicko View Post
    Agree - he's a pain. Seems like I'm seeing more Strikes in general this week. For a while they died down - now they're back in full force...
    Sentinels in general always proc more when it comes to counter strike,at least that has been my experience. Seems like green harpy, SSD, and AG counter almost guaranteed.
    I also had used Viking in pvp for a while and when I would steal counter he seemed to proc any time he was touched.
    All other classes seem to proc near the 35% but for whatever reason the greens seem to be double that.