Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    OS
    Android
    Those who have a bunch of badges should really invest in skill shards. They may release Trooper fragments for the much anticipated char that can be bought with badges but not a one shot Trooper Ed for 100k badges... think about it lol... keeps us playing of we only get 20 or so frags a week and need 200 to unlock him...

Seems like NF is also trying to increase purchases on the skill shard packs. I foresee a greater lack of ability to shard characters that require large amounts of them regardless of how they present these changes as some type of better way for endgamers or new players to level up chars or spend gold or ic. Purchase limits with in-game currency are intended to force us to spend real cash if we really want to progress. This is blatantly obvious, its why Sparton is giving us fair warning (best VH album btw).

The fact that they are making trooper purchases limited is a big kick to the balls of any player who has maintained a sense of obligation to help out their fellow gamers earn badges and redeem unlimited skill shards. The game is headed in the wrong direction. They said they would try not to but that only meant this p2p direction was inevitable.

"When you know that your time is close at hand
    Maybe then you'll begin to understand
    Life down here is just a strange illusion
    "
    If you're gonna die, die with your boots on
    mjmxiii-1619

OS
    Android
    Can you clarify more about the fixes to 'reset' and 'revive'. Regarding reset, it sounds like that it should resolve the issue of a players team potentially becoming frozen when 2 Magus CotD both apply a blizzard shield during the same turn, is that indeed the case? And as for revive does this apply to Clairvoyant at all? I've noticed she becomes hard to keep alive once she has been revived herself. Her fury will not heal her but does rest of team fine, and instead of gaining a cleanse, she loses all positive effects instead.

I do tend to agree the store restrictions seem to be focused on getting players to spend money rather than anything else. It might give some long term players something to spend their gold on but thats about it. I'm glad I have scaled down my playing a tiny bit to play about 40 troopers a day as there won't be much incentive to do any more than that in the future! Not only board members have left or scaled back their play but my other troopers have too it seems, these restrictions are likely to encourage this even more. Might as well introduce a limit of 40 troopers while you're at it...

Otherwise there are some positive changes and fixes mentioned so its not all bad....most notably for me are Wickerman who I just got the other day and FotD Eddie gaining AoE on 2 skills should make him more suitable for PVP and farming.
    Last edited by thealchemist; 09-12-2017 at 12:19 PM.
    "Handing out the oranges in JomsVikings"

thealchemist-3575.

OS
    Android
    Limits to trooper store and no nerf to purple beast, just lost interest in reading the rest of the update notes.

Go read the PVP:Attrition thread, you may learn a few things, i can't bother anymore with your mindless decisions.
    Now I am cold but a ghost lives in my veins,
    Silent the terror that reigned-marbled in stone
    Shell of a man God preserved-a thousand ages
    But open the gates of my hell-I will strike from the grave.

The only thing keeping me playing at the moment is skill shards. I've got about 5-6 characters I'd benefit from sharding to be competitive in PVP. I've abandoned BNW due to high costs and dreadful drop of talismans (which it's become apparent is because NF want to sell them for real money) and Trooper points and iron coins are the only way to get them. So I play my 50 troopers and my sands in PVP to get coins and buy 3-4 shards a week. That means it'll still take 4-5 weeks to shard a character (not Eddie). 5-6 times? About six months of play. Not factoring in getting new characters. And now you want to throttle that ability so I can pay £50 for 3 skill shards? I can get a full AAA PS4 game cheaper (and one that has less bugs, real production values and a decent story...)

Are NF trying to sink this game so they can do something else or just extremely naive?

OS
    Android
    Really angry, more and more reasons to leave this fuc**ng game. The worse of restrictions is 2 skillshards per week in trooper store, that is the only reason I play my troopers, don't care about any soul because they give me only sh&t.

OS
    Android
    FUCK YOU NF!!! Just bought 33 skill shards, take that bitch!!! Hope when u try & get us to buy whatever ur plan is for making us blow our trooper badges ur game dies & ur unemployed!!!
    Last edited by Silentknight; 09-12-2017 at 01:16 PM.
    Those that can...do
    Those that can't...teach
    Silentknight-4997, # of times laid since July/16...lots!!!
    Hahahaha, pathetic that some have to sell themselves as troopers

OS
    Android
    I like pretty much all of the changes. I'm even fine with re-instating the weekly limits in the Trooper store 'cause I understand that you (the developers and designers) don't want resource hoarding and that you want to set some boundaries on how certain game items are acquired. However, I agree with the concern that teasing the year-long-awaited-and-omg-must-have-for-Maiden-fans Trooper Eddie as being purchasable with Trooper Badges has encouraged us to save up our Trooper Badges in anticipation, only to have that rug pulled out from under us. I've been carrying a minimum of 50,000 Trooper Badges since December, stockpiled them up to 120,000 over the past few months, and have been newly anticipating the release of Trooper Eddie due to the item descriptions for the mini-fig that was recently advertised.

Again, I understand that you don't want resource hoarding. But please understand that you've caused the hoarding by setting certain expectations. My recommendation is that you do one of the following:

- Tell us how many Trooper Badges Trooper Eddie will cost so we can make an informed decision about how we spend our sacks of Trooper Badges.

or

- Re-instate the weekly limits in the Trooper store sometime after Trooper Eddie is released.

Many thanks for your hard work on this game and many thanks for continuing to directly engage the player community!
    Satan81-5023

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmxiii View Post
    Those who have a bunch of badges should really invest in skill shards. They may release Trooper fragments for the much anticipated char that can be bought with badges but not a one shot Trooper Ed for 100k badges... think about it lol... keeps us playing of we only get 20 or so frags a week and need 200 to unlock him...
    Very good thinking, there.

I understand the frustration of the limits in the Trooper section of the store, but also consider the math. If you have all 50 of your Troopers play your champ successfully everyday, barring game errors, you could only at most buy 3 skill shards a week. Capping it to 2 will give you leftover badges, which you would very likely spend on Trooper Eddie Soul Shards, as mjmxiii pointed out. You also have the option to buy an additional skill shard per week in the Arena store, which will bring your total back up to 3 per week. You can also buy 2 per month with gold. You also still earn them as rare drops in the Skull Quests, and as rewards in the Sacrifice.

Overall, it's not really taking away your ability to choose how to spend your currency. Instead of 5k Trooper points, you spend 350 Iron Coins for that third Skill Shard.

Honestly, these things can all be earned by free play, it just takes longer. Buying resources with real money only earns some of these things faster. I buy a resource pack every few months, when there's a good one on sale and I have a few extra bucks, but daily I'm a free player. I'm excited to see many of these changes applied (particularly for my Angel of Pain!), and it's nice because I also made suggestions for Gold in the Suggestions section. Glad to see they were already on top of that.

OS
    iOS
    I just made a little calculation about the talisman change. Please correct me, if I'm wrong.

Sorcery/Skill talismans will have the following stats after the update:

HP 1370
    Def/MR 125
    Magic/Attack 271

Onslaught

HP 1818
    Def/MR. 131
    Special. 125
    Pepp-7418, daily player using all troopers daily

In Updates info, there's a mistake on the copy/paste for FOTD Steal Breath description, the skill does Silence, not Blind.
    Last edited by Demoonchild; 09-12-2017 at 01:53 PM.
    English is not my native language

Demoonchild-7235 // Already full of nice troopers, some of them nice people too!