Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    OS
    Android
    They could make a level above exalted that cost 80,000 essence and it would still be worth it for me. Needing 10 maxed out 5 star characters for toon of your choices sounds worth it.

OS
    Android
    I'd like to chime in with an example from another f2p game I play: Marvel Heroes. There, the way you get to buy toons is through a special currency or by just outright purchasing them with real money. In that game, on average a toon costs about $7. This special currency drops regularly from you playing the game, and there's chances of getting more of that currency on special events and so on. It takes roughly 2-4 weeks for the average casual player to farm enough of the in-game currency to buy one of the average priced toons.

I don't see why that system couldn't be applied here. They're basically the same business model.
    id: Esteban-6524

OS
    Android
    Sometimes i wonder why i keep playing since i can't get something new for like 2-3 months so absolutely yes on toon of your choice soul.
    don said everything nothing more to add.
    Now I am cold but a ghost lives in my veins,
    Silent the terror that reigned-marbled in stone
    Shell of a man God preserved-a thousand ages
    But open the gates of my hell-I will strike from the grave.

Quote Originally Posted by gmac View Post
    But I'm calling this idea! I think I posted this first! lol
    I think that was me a year ago I suggested a shard system where you gather let's say 100 and then you get the character (something like we have now) but i've got no proof of it so...anyway...

I'm gonna disagree with this suggestion. I don't think that it's impossible to get all the toons by simply playing. a year later and i'm only missing the prisoner,warrior and gunner hentai and Belzeebub (not really missing that one).

Would i have gotten the prisoner before the Valks have been added i would have probably quit long ago.

If you're not much into PVP (like me), there is not much more to do than gamble. farming for souls and then turning them in the sacrifice to finally reach a tier 6 is my only business atm.
    The whole thrill would be gone if i knew that i'm getting the gimp in 2 weeks and there would be nothing exciting about this game anymore...

besides...it wou be another slap in the face for the veterans who have gathered the toons the hard way for so long.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizrael View Post
    I think that was me a year ago I suggested a shard system where you gather let's say 100 and then you get the character (something like we have now) but i've got no proof of it so...anyway...

I'm gonna disagree with this suggestion. I don't think that it's impossible to get all the toons by simply playing. a year later and i'm only missing the prisoner,warrior and gunner hentai and Belzeebub (not really missing that one).

Would i have gotten the prisoner before the Valks have been added i would have probably quit long ago.

If you're not much into PVP (like me), there is not much more to do than gamble. farming for souls and then turning them in the sacrifice to finally reach a tier 6 is my only business atm.
    The whole thrill would be gone if i knew that i'm getting the gimp in 2 weeks and there would be nothing exciting about this game anymore...

besides...it wou be another slap in the face for the veterans who have gathered the toons the hard way for so long.
    since there will always be new toons, there will always be something to chase. but i can see your point. so maybe once a month is really too much but once every threee months or so sounds very reasonable for me. and man, it's very possible that you will never get your gimp, that's also frustrating as hell. so i still think this is mandatory but they have to be carefull with it ofc.

don't be a mofo and join the mofos.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.

OS
    Android
    That's a great idea. If not implemented one day, at least they could separate G/A soul in two. Assassin Soul and Gunner Soul, I believe that today the big problem will be these two classes, since the others have several alternatives and chances to try.

And another, to give a little better in the RNG .. when it was released the Aniversary Soul was lovely to see the Drops .. that yes it was the fair .. came many dupes .. but at least I got many toons that I did not have.
    Caliza12-3289

My thinking would be that instead of a "Toon of your choice" soul they should create separate souls for Eddie characters. If they were made available in the store, so you could purchase either an Eddie Rare Soul or an Ally Rare Soul, and then get a 3* to 5* character of that type. If they wanted to keep it separate between Assassin/Gunner and Warrior/Majus/Sentinel classification then they could but at least it would allow players, both new and seasoned, to build up their teams.
    Ken

CrossbowCA-7764

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianGoldenEagle View Post
    My thinking would be that instead of a "Toon of your choice" soul they should create separate souls for Eddie characters. If they were made available in the store, so you could purchase either an Eddie Rare Soul or an Ally Rare Soul, and then get a 3* to 5* character of that type. If they wanted to keep it separate between Assassin/Gunner and Warrior/Majus/Sentinel classification then they could but at least it would allow players, both new and seasoned, to build up their teams.
    The issue with that solution is the same as when I bought that Immaculate soul (? whatever it was called) during the anniversary for $99... and pulled a dupe Pharaoh. It further aggravates the player vs. throwing them a bone. More RNG is not the answer, that seems more like a cash-grab solution than a realistic one where players are concerned.

For whatever reason, I'm like kryptonite to Gunners... can't pull Cyborg, Prisoner, AHE... and this "Toon of your choice" would solve that long-lived frustration. Even if released once every 3 months, it's still a concrete guarantee that you'll someday be able to get the one you've been waiting for. As slauki mentioned, it's a great solution to the problem of seasoned players leaving.
    This is what not to do if your bird shits on you.

I can understand and agree with you but there are some areas where a particular class of Eddie is required - Mission challenges for beating Level X in the various classifications being the main one. If a player doesn't have an Eddie of the required type, e.g. a Gunner Eddie for the Assassin Level X mission, or they only have a single Eddie of that classification, e.g. a single Gunner Eddie (regardless of which one) and the Mission is for All Gunner Characters, then they are unable to do it.

I have a single Gunner Eddie and would like to have more choices of Eddie within my team for doing the Missions but it doesn't help. I can't use any of my Trooper Eddies to complement the team as has been mentioned on other threads you need to have all from your own team, no Troopers allowed.

I also wasn't meaning for it to be a cash purchase. If players wished to pay cash to purchase the Ironite in order to get the soul then that's their choice, I prefer to use Ironite that I earn within the game. I've also suggested to the Developers on multiple occasions, including in the Beta, that it should be possible to get items using in-game gold instead of just Ironite. My Gold level has never gone below 20M and it's just sitting there doing nothing as I can't spend it anywhere in the game, other than for upgrading Characters/Talismans and that's a rarity.
    Ken

CrossbowCA-7764

OS
    Android
    I like the idea. However, if implemented I think it should be similar to fragments. You can't just get any toon you want from a singular fragment, you have to get the necessary amount of G/A fragment, magus, warrior or sentinel for what toon you want. This way their beloved RNG still plays a factor, and it will take a while.

Drops should probably only come from skull quests since those are very limited...

Either way, I don't really think they will go for it but we can hope for the best I guess lol
    Playing since the beginning, and I still DO NOT have these eddies:
    Cyborg
    Shaman
    VHE
    Navigator
    Tailgunner
    Hollowed

Current champ: Trooper.
    Brewtus-1572