Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    OS
    Android

"Toon of your choice soul"

I was about to comment gmacs post, but i think this topic is so important, that it deserves an own thread.

Not sure who mentioned this first, but a "toon of your choice soul" has to be implemended asap i think. It would be good for the players but also for the devs.

A toon of your choice soul would be the ultimate motivation and the ultimate reward. Many of us are primary maiden fans and enjoy collecting all the chars. That created a lot of motivation till now. But the game is getting less and less motivating since we have almost no goals once we reach the endgame (aside pvp if you care). The only motivation many guys have right now is to complete their collection of eddies and other cool (and not so cool) toons.

But the real important thing about goals is, that every goal has to be reachable to some degree if people should focus on it. If it's impossible to complete the collection, people will realize that and cancel this goal. And i think we are at the turning point now. Many lost their motivation and get frustrated more and more so we need concepts to prevent this.
    A toon of your choice soul, would give us an extra motivation boost every time we get one, so this would be a constant factor which would keep many of us playing much longer.

The greater the pool of characters is, the less chances you have to get a specific toon. So it's more and more likely that you will never get your prisoner, your cyborg, your purple cotd or whatever toon you would like to have. No matter how much souls you buy it's a very high chance you will NEVER get all toons.

That's why i think some kind of toon of your choice soul every month is mandatory to have. This alone would reduce the guys dropping this game by as fair margin. Ofc it's only part of the solution, but this is an huge factor/motivation because the game is all about characters. So please devs consider this, if you want to keep the people playing longer. The player base is not that big, that new players will come constantly, so we have to keep the guys that already play this game.

That said, you cannot screw the game econmy too much and let the people get this very lightly. It has to be extreme hard to get, but it has to be manageable too. So kind of a balancing problems. But don't wanna discuss specific details. IMO this should be a high priority task after the next update if we want to get rid of the "goodbye threads".
    Last edited by slauki; 09-18-2017 at 08:55 PM.

don't be a mofo and join the mofos.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.

OS
    Android

I'm calling this idea!!!

I can't add much to what Slauki already said.

This would be GREAT.

But I'm calling this idea! I think I posted this first! lol

OS
    Android
    Totally agree.. some toons can simply avoid us forever.. one time only toon of your choise would be great & wont screw game rng system...
    Tridimension-1303

OS
    Android
    I agree it would be great, as mentioned make it hard but possible so that you can get at least a few of those a year.
    Once you have many of the characters is not really motivating to open souls as the value goes down since all one gets are dups like 99% of the time, and the only way to recover some value is by hoarding till the next soul event
    and/or saving ironite.
    Giving players another way to get those special chars build's up the game richness and if well implemented opens for interesting mechanics, maybe some sort of crafting or mystical recipe would result in a select class character.
    There are many ways around this hopefully Devs will hear us.
    Also NF please, no more dup eternals I have an unemployed demons band at this point and no Clairvoyant to tame them, this could also help address that issue.
    *Somewhere in time*
    Blacksteel-8432

OS
    Android
    all hate dupe system of that game, it's a good idea if not only top ( or pay ) players can have it
    I play all troopers all days.

OS
    Android
    I am all for this to get the couple toons I am still missing. I don't care how hard they make it as long as there is a goal to reach it would make it worth it. I think once a month is too frequent and one time only wouldn't be enough. Every 3 months or so maybe, for sure its an idea that really needs to be thought out and balanced well.

OS
    iOS
    As much as I like this idea, I wonder if they'd really do it. In that other thread they sounded like they'd consider something like this, but it goes against the standard mobile gaming playbook. Most games like this don't ever want anyone to have everything. They make it near impossible thinking people will chase the carrot forever, or just long enough to give them a few bucks.

That mobile game rule book that most devs follow is a bunch of crap in my opinion though. It might work on a game for dummies played by dummies, but this game has the potential to be different. I'm sure there's some dumb people playing this game, but compared to some other games out there, I'm guessing LotB's player base is a little older and wiser than most.

It seems like the devs are willing to take a few risks lately though, so hopefully they will give us something like this in the future.
    MrFreeze-6530

OS
    Android
    I think it would make sense if its something that be extremely difficult to achieve that only a few end gamers could get. It would kill the game if every player could get the toon of their choice fairly easily. I do like that they did these limited time character events aimed at more long term players (didn't care for rare soul giving the fragments but thats a different rant). But the BNW made sense something you have to really work for to get and was worth it. Could make a month long event to get one toon of your choice soul and make it only accessible from running BNW again and need 1000 or 2000 fragments or higher, I am not sure what the right balancing point would be.

OS
    Android
    Good idea dear Slauki.

Thats one of the reason i have burned my all chars in my 1 year+ account that i put countless hours to get a strong roster, and stopped playing.
    VHE or Cyborg never dropped for me.

But after quitting, now i have more clear view about the game. If i even got my VHE and Wrath, i would be bored too in a while. Because facing same darn 10 - maximum 15 characters was going to make me really bored at one point.

One way i can understand putting new content into the game may take time with artwork stuff - but i don't think character tuning takes long time as putting new content. At this point, game is extremely lacking variety of useful characters and balance. Just keep adding new characters to the game is not a solution. More and more characters makes it harder to get them as Slauki pointed out. Sadly, there is not much strategy left in the game..

Game become something like : "Put VHE and Wrath, kill everyone - done"

Instead of adding new characters, it would be much more useful to balance existing characters and strategy mechanics - giving some more room to different team combinations. So we can enjoy some creativity on gameplay. I understand that some characters will be always top tier - but playing 10-15 characters out of 150+ characters is simply out of balance.

There is a famous word in marketing : An existing paying customer is worth much more than new customer candidates.

As an ex-long time player / customer - i can say what could've kept me in the game : Bug fixes for smooth playing experience - Balancing existing characters for more variety - Balancing effort & reward ratio would kept me sticking with the game in first place. After those 3, i would look forward to ingame content and story line.

And i still love the game and look forward to start from scratch again - but not in this meta..
    Last edited by osiris0000; 09-18-2017 at 11:25 PM.
    "Into the Abyss I'll fall - the eye of Horus - Into the eyes of the night, watching me go..
    Green is the cat's eye that glows, in this temple.. Enter the risen Osiris! Risen again!"

Lyrics: Iron Maiden - Powerslave

OS
    iOS
    They should just make this the only reward for an ultimate sacrifice. That would be fair trade for three five star and seven four star characters.