Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrice-1201 View Post
    And here is a Patriots fan who agrees with everything you said here :-) I would
    Welcome the current ranking of the attacker instead to see if Revenge is worth
    Pat head here too (and I know we sometimes are jerks "Brady GOAT"), no offenses taken, loved the ref, kkkkkkk

As said, good part of the mistery is now gone, and I think lower ranked will love this feature. I prefer none of this, and don't like the "blind attack" option at all. Better IA, this should be helpfull.

But I dunno they will revert this. So, time to play with the mew rules
    In-game nick: Ravy-8961
    Daily PvP player.

"The punishment is death for all who lives."

Se você está lendo esta mensagem, existe uma chance de você ser brasileiro(a). Envie uma mensagem privada para mim qualquer hora. Estamos recrutando...

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicko View Post
    But with this new feature creativity is squashed - all your cards are shown - and offensive copying is now enabled. There's no reason for it. Yes - you can see what compositions broke your defense - but because defense is static there's simply no way to defend against everything, so I don't see it as overly helpful. In my opinion the value of crafting a fast, effective offensive that may give you a competitive edge is crippled when you can see the top players playbook plain as day.
    Yep. See the attacker team will help nothing to build a defense. I share your thought about this.

Banned
    OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicko View Post
    I think seeing the attackers is awesome! GMAC, Carlos, and Kamuz - please attack me

Or not.

I agree with everything most have already posted, with GMAC leading the charge . Defense copying is inevitable as we see what works and doesn't work from direct experience. But with this new feature creativity is squashed - all your cards are shown - and offensive copying is now enabled. There's no reason for it. Yes - you can see what compositions broke your defense - but because defense is static there's simply no way to defend against everything, so I don't see it as overly helpful. In my opinion the value of crafting a fast, effective offensive that may give you a competitive edge is crippled when you can see the top players playbook plain as day.

Now everyone is a Bill Belichick (my apologies to Patriots fans)

Just like having Jofers toons won't give someone Jofers speed, seeing GMACs team will not let them stop GMAC. But it's just one more ingredient towards a game with homogenized teams - and that's a really bad thing.
    I think at this point it's pretty clear based on posts coupled with who posted them, the terrible players love it and the good players hate it. Some walk their own paths and some lack skills and copy. Like the posts regarding this game taking a turn from Maiden fans with big titty characters and catering to the least common denominator, it's clear NF is picking their side in the name of the almighty dollar. They want paying randoms to think they have a chance against real gamers, they want to chase us all out to make some extra cash, the integrity of the game doesn't matter anymore in the grand scheme of things. Just a bummer all around but it is what it is.

Was thinking about putting in some effort/energy into playing arena again, but why bother.

OS
    Android
    I hate this addition as well. Sparton stated months ago that this was a planned feature and I hoped it would never happen. With a points system that is setup to award coming up with a good defense and a game that caters to every lazy player that doesn't want to put in the effort, nothing makes sense anymore. I don't care so much about sharing my own team as I really don't want to know everyone else's because if it is that easy, what is the point. This means that if you have trouble with a certain defense, then you can copy that defense and see what is successful against it and just eliminate the need to actually think for yourself. I agree with Blacksteel, If it is going to be an option, we need to be able to decide whether we want to share or not. I haven't fought a single battle in arena all week and this doesn't make me want to play at all. If I wasn't such a skill shard junkie, I would probably just retire to troopers exclusively. This sucks!
    Chaosego888-9998

OS
    iOS
    So far not sure on if this is good or bad as a feature. On the one hand it is good to see ways to improve defence and I am sure I will try to look at that and improve mine as it is mostly pretty poor to standard at around 12%-16% before reset. Then I do not spend much time trying to hone it to any great extent - I just chuck in as strong toons as I can that might have a degree of synergy - in the past I often used most of my attack team in defence as that seemed to be quite strong, if a little boring and lazy on my behalf!

As a few others have said most people will revolve there attack team a little (or a lot) so in the end I am not so sure seeing teams will make a lot of difference to the more seasoned players - I have not made any changes so far based on seeing attackers, have any forum people done it?

Even if people do change their defence teams for the better surely that is a good thing as it makes attacking more of challenge (OK, I get that is may move to a new meta but that happens anyway without this as people see what works by looking at top 50). I know my success rate has dropped a lot this week as I have decided to mix up my attack team a lot more just for a change and to have a little more fun (even in more losses) as I think most of the time it is like auto farming doing the same thing all the time even if it did increase win rates.

So overall I don't think it is going to change things for me but I can see it helping a lot of folk working their way up the ranks. The devs do need to do these sort of moves to keep the game moving in terms of new folk coming in I think and with the recent other changes made I think there are moves in that direction - just noticed an advert for the game being available in Japan (was it not already?) so to me this looks like (especially with some of the recent character additions) the devs aiming on keeping newer folk interested and also enticing them in to the game?
    "We oil the jaws of the war machine and feed it with our babies" - Two Minutes to Midnight - Powerslave

scott-5496

OS
    iOS
    I don't really know what to make of it. Personally I stick with the same attack team for almost everyone once I find something I like. It's probably why I lose more than some of you. One thing that surprised me was the amount of variety people use in their attack teams. I see people using characters I wouldn't have expected. It doesn't make me want to use them though.

But I'm not on the same level as some of you guys competitively. I'm only ranked decently right now because I have a maxed VHE and arena is dead. If lots of people were actually trying these days I'd be knocked out of the top 100 in a minute. I can't even remember the last time I used a SoW refill. I see the game is opening up to the Asian market though. If they're combined into the system things might change.

What does this have to do with the attack teams being exposed? Nothing I guess, I barely pay attention to them.
    MrFreeze-6530

OS
    Android
    I'm not a PvP guy much, but I understand why you guys are upset about it. However this could be a funny way to show off your skills by using total garbage toons to wreck people lol
    Other than that it's pointless and annoying.
    Playing since the beginning, and I still DO NOT have these eddies:
    Cyborg
    Shaman
    VHE
    Navigator
    Tailgunner
    Hollowed

Current champ: Trooper.
    Brewtus-1572

OS
    iOS
    Well, one thing is for sure, I have noticed my attackers becoming copies of each other over the last day or so. Golden Pharoah Dog, Warrior New Born, and VHE seem to be the early on favorites, with Assasin Valkyrie and Nomad pulling close seconds. “It’s a bold strategy Cotton, let’s see if it pays off”
    Eskiggalu-8063

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Monte47 View Post
    Well, one thing is for sure, I have noticed my attackers becoming copies of each other over the last day or so. Golden Pharoah Dog, Warrior New Born, and VHE seem to be the early on favorites, with Assasin Valkyrie and Nomad pulling close seconds. “It’s a bold strategy Cotton, let’s see if it pays off”
    Noticed that as well and kind of expected... sad...

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by HomemLivre View Post
    Noticed that as well and kind of expected... sad...
    I’m a creature of habit. The only time I change offense is out of necessity. Eg, it’s just better to use a GRE against a GRE for my team. I switch my prisoner out for artillery dog if I need immunity against some talisman or taunt crap. Other than that, idgaf what other people use, I gotta use the toons that work for me.

Point being, I think this will back fire on some of the newer players.
    Eskiggalu-8063